Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Grand London Park Lane, London, United Kingdom [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 23, 2015, 3:00 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Print Wikipost

Sheraton Grand London Park Lane, London, United Kingdom [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2018, 9:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott/Lifetime Titanium Hyatt/Explorist, Hilton/Silver, IHG Spire,UA Gold
Originally Posted by Isochronous
Is this a better option than LE Meridien and W?
IMHO, absolutely.

Hotel rooms are very large and I love the location...quiet, yet steps from the busy city!
UKTraveller4Fun likes this.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 10:25 am

Programs: SPG-Plat, Hilton-Diamond, Club Carlson-Silver, Cathay-Diamond, Virgin-Gold
Originally Posted by EricH
Gratis, at least for beer and wine. I don't recall if there was anything else as I wasn't in the market for anything else.
The hours are 17:30-19:30 and they have a red, white and rose wine along with several spirits and mixers. If they had a sparkling option it really would be excellent! I would say on the food side especially the 'hot' options they are pretty poor both morning and evening!
Old Mar 1, 2018, 7:47 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
I've been staying here quite a bit recently and on my last visit was given a leather Sheraton luggage tag. It was very similar to tags I got earlier this year from the Sheraton Grand Sukhumvit and from Amanjiwo, although only Park Lane took the effort of branding my initials on the back, which I thought was a really nice touch.
bsdstone likes this.
Old May 8, 2018, 12:00 am

Programs: points traveller
any more recent stays/ experiences here? considering this vs the le meridien as a SPG gold

cheers
Old May 8, 2018, 8:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by diningdecadence
any more recent stays/ experiences here? considering this vs the le meridien as a SPG gold

cheers
Stayed over the weekend a couple weeks ago. Lounge quality is just so-so IMO, so you're not missing a ton there. But post-reno the property is quite nice. Hard product in the rooms is quite good, nice furnishings. Long lobby lounge is beautiful. Gym is solid quality. Barely any difference location-wise vs. the LM.
Old May 8, 2018, 10:47 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum - LT Gold
My last stay in London was last summer with Sheraton Park lane. Thought it was pretty good but cramped room if you are getting the base room. Location was very good with walking distance to many tourist locations, and the metro.
Breakfast was 3/5, nothing special.
Have another up coming stay and reserved LM instead due to a little bit lower rate. Never stayed at the LM but from what I've read the both hotels are pretty much the same. Piccadilly has never been a favourite for me so I'm not hoping for much.

​​​​​​Watching both to see how low rate I can get.
​​​​​
Old Jun 13, 2018, 3:13 am

We just finished a six night stay at the Sheraton Grand Park Lane in London. British pounds are painful to use right now. Almost two Canadian dollars per GBH.

We used SNA to upgrade one of our two rooms to a Park View Suite. It was spacious and quite elegant although I don’t care for Art Deco in general. Very tasteful. The second room Platinum upgrade was an oversized Queen. We did not ask for anything else although there was availability.

MAGC can only be done for three consecutive days. This is just as well because MAGC excludes you from everything including trash removal. They do not enter your room at all. The Molten Brown toiletries were not replenished. And when we needed more shampoo they only gave us the Grand Bain stuff. No turn down service except for on the first night. I thought overall this was pretty stingy on their part. Though we didn’t complain/don’t care.

The Club Lounge was barely acceptable for breakfast. Alternating mediocre eggs Benedict or runny scrambled. Beef sausage. A few cereals and breads. Two or three pastries. A couple deli meats, smoked salmon and cheeses. Dried and fresh fruit. Yogurt and juices. Certainly everything you need to make a meal. But not very Grand at all. Good strong hot coffee.

Afternoon tea in the Club lounge was a selection of dessert. No sandwiches. Though we only peeked in one day so perhaps it was expanded. Only cookies, crackers and candy throughout the day. With usual bottled drinks.

Evening service was great though. A selection of small hot dishes (not just appetizers), breads, cheeses, deli etc. As well as usually two creative and fresh pasta/quinoa/grain salad in mason jars. Free pour wine (white, rose and red, no sparkling), two imported beer, a cider. Hard stuff G&T, vodka and rum. I think that was it.

Certainly many people made an evening meal of it 1730 to 1930.

We received the Mayfair Experience with the suite. no details though. We had to book through the concierge and decided on afternoon tea in the hotel. It came with a glass of champagne that we never asked for. On checkout we were billed for the Mayfair Experience and 30 GBP for the two glasses of champagne. Easily fixed but watch your bill just in case. The tea was not exceptional in any way. Fun to do for free. Certainly not worth the couple hundred Canadian dollars that it would have set us back. Maybe forty bucks but clearly I have no class.

It was in a great location for us. Great view. Just not very Grand. Certainly nice. And elegant. I may have had wrong expectations of a London hotel. No porter. Stingy on the amenities. No turn down service. We’ve stayed in nicer far less expensive Sheraton’s.

Oh, and for those sensitive to scents. The hotel uses the Sheraton scent (?) liberally. It makes me feel ill just thinking about it.
Old Sep 11, 2018, 12:40 pm

Programs: UA Premier Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite (Lifetime Platinum), HHonors Gold
Just wondering if anyone who has stayed at the Park Lane recently can comment on the breakfast options for Plats. It's been a couple of years since I've been there (they were about 90% through the remodel last time I was there), and the club hadn't yet opened, and so they were still providing free breakfast to Plats in the (temporary) restaurant.

So my questions are:
* Is the club lounge passable for breakfast? How crowded does it get? I'm very familiar with the club lounge at the LM Piccadilly--so how does the PL's club lounge compare?
* Are they still offering a buy-up to the full breakfast in the restaurant for plats? If so, how much? Is it worth it, or is the club lounge breakfast sufficient?
* Is the breakfast in the restaurant a buffet, or does one need to order and wait for the food to arrive?

Thanks!
Old Sep 11, 2018, 3:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Was there in April. Club lounge not that busy, but frankly it was pretty mediocre...more what you'd expect for a US Sheraton.

Didn't ask about restaurant breakfast.
Old Nov 27, 2018, 3:51 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
It's a bit sad that the personalised pre-welcome email with a request for any special details and a reminder of the hotel's WhatsApp service has been replaced by a Marriott standard no-reply email providing generic Marriott information and trying to flog me Hertz car rental. Cheap and tacky.

Edit: Actually, the above is incorrect. There's now an automatic Marriott "welcome" flogging cheap stuff, but the hotel thankfully still does the traditional private welcome, albeit without the Whatsapp details.

Last edited by EuropeanPete; Nov 29, 2018 at 9:38 am
Old Nov 28, 2018, 3:08 pm

Marriott have also told the hotel to decommission their WhatsApp number and it has now been closed down - What is it this hotel chain has against electronic communication? FFS. Has the same happened in the St Regis hotels which have adopted WhatsApp over the last few years?
Old Nov 29, 2018, 10:10 pm

Programs: BAGold; AA3MMPlat; UA1MMGold; FBGold; MarriottAmb; AccorPlat; HHGold; ICPlatAmb; HyattDiscoverist
The hotel has definitely been Marriotized. There was a Book of Mormon in my nightstand drawer!
Old Mar 10, 2019, 5:01 pm

Having another great stay here now and love the team, but I just received a new "eStandby" email for my stay next week. They're trying to charge £22 for breakfast or £45 for early check in amongst other things.

I should obviously be able to get those for free - I really do not like where this is going. More Bonvoying, or a coincidence?
Old Mar 10, 2019, 5:21 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, HH Diamond, Radisson Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold, Shangri La Jade
Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
Having another great stay here now and love the team, but I just received a new "eStandby" email for my stay next week. They're trying to charge £22 for breakfast or £45 for early check in amongst other things.

I should obviously be able to get those for free - I really do not like where this is going. More Bonvoying, or a coincidence?
It's just a standard estandby email that doesn't relate to your status. All bookers will get the same offers
Old Mar 10, 2019, 5:55 pm

Well, yes, I do realise that...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.