Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Grand London Park Lane, London, United Kingdom [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 23, 2015, 3:00 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Print Wikipost

Sheraton Grand London Park Lane, London, United Kingdom [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2019, 11:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
Originally Posted by rfrost
The hotel has definitely been Marriotized. There was a Book of Mormon in my nightstand drawer!
Sorry to hear. This is a Sheraton that they did an amazing job renovating and adding things like the lounge. I had hoped this was the start of a trend of turning around Sheraton.
Old Mar 11, 2019, 5:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
I don't think the Sheraton Grands or int'l Sheratons generally are the problem w/the brand...
Always Flyin likes this.
Old Mar 11, 2019, 7:48 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by itsaboutthejourney
Sorry to hear. This is a Sheraton that they did an amazing job renovating and adding things like the lounge. I had hoped this was the start of a trend of turning around Sheraton.
If they did an amazing job renovating & adding things like the lounge, having a simple Book of Mormon in a drawer isn't going to torpedo the turning around of Sheraton

Cheers.
Old Mar 11, 2019, 8:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
If they did an amazing job renovating & adding things like the lounge, having a simple Book of Mormon in a drawer isn't going to torpedo the turning around of Sheraton

Cheers.
(For the record: my response was to the comment that the property had been "Marriotized". I'm not allowed to use the Book of word anymore.)
Old Mar 11, 2019, 11:50 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat / LT Plat / 3MM, Delta Plat, Bonvoy LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Make sure you ask for a mattress topper unless you enjoy a very hard mattress. They will bring you one if you ask for it. The beds at the Marriott County Hall were much more comfortable.
Old Mar 12, 2019, 6:38 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Originally Posted by EXPLAT
Make sure you ask for a mattress topper unless you enjoy a very hard mattress. They will bring you one if you ask for it. The beds at the Marriott County Hall were much more comfortable.
Something a bit odd here. I’m sure the beds have mattress toppers as standard, and as someone who likes soft beds, these are super soft.
bsdstone likes this.
Old Apr 4, 2019, 3:51 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium

Panic among wedding guests as ceiling collapses at five-star London hotel

https://news.sky.com/story/panic-amo...hotel-11683828

A lucky escape! I wonder how many Bonvoy points they’ll be getting as compensation!
Old Dec 7, 2019, 2:49 pm
Suspended

Has anyone asked about, or taken, the breakfast as the platinum amenity here. If so, was there any issue re receiving it (I still find some Sheratons with lounges don't realise you can take the breakfast) and what did it cover?

Thanks
Old Dec 7, 2019, 3:23 pm

Programs: BAGold; AA3MMPlat; UA1MMGold; FBGold; MarriottAmb; AccorPlat; HHGold; ICPlatAmb; HyattDiscoverist
Originally Posted by MaxFlying
Has anyone asked about, or taken, the breakfast as the platinum amenity here. If so, was there any issue re receiving it (I still find some Sheratons with lounges don't realise you can take the breakfast) and what did it cover?

Thanks
Yes, I have on several stays, without problem. Breakfast in the restaurant is a full buffet (IIRC with a few additional items over the Club Lounge) and made-to-order eggs.
Old Dec 7, 2019, 3:31 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by rfrost
Yes, I have on several stays, without problem. Breakfast in the restaurant is a full buffet (IIRC with a few additional items over the Club Lounge) and made-to-order eggs.
Excellent, thank you. This is what I was hoping. I like the lounge in the evening, less so for breakfast and given the choice of 1000 points or 2 full breakfasts for 4 nights....
Old Dec 7, 2019, 6:23 pm

Programs: BAGold; AA3MMPlat; UA1MMGold; FBGold; MarriottAmb; AccorPlat; HHGold; ICPlatAmb; HyattDiscoverist
Originally Posted by MaxFlying
Excellent, thank you. This is what I was hoping. I like the lounge in the evening, less so for breakfast and given the choice of 1000 points or 2 full breakfasts for 4 nights....
To be fair, I think the Lounge offers a good breakfast spread, and I like the staff very much. But, especially for a longer stay, I prefer even a moderately greater variety of choices, and I find the seating in the restaurant more comfortable in any case.
Old Dec 8, 2019, 4:01 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, IHG Spire, AMEX Plat
Having just visited this lounge (wasn’t planning to be up for breakfast so declined restaurant breakfast) I’d say the breakfast spread is decent enough for a lounge - juices/smoothies, bacon/eggs/scrambled and poached eggs, cold meats/fish, cheese, waffles and syrup, decent pastry and bread selection plus cereals. Coffee machine makes a passable cup and could even make it with hazelnut, vanilla or caramel flavour.

Though if I was here for 4 nights I’d go for the restaurant vs £5 of points just for some variety and because Id prefer made to order eggs and infact I’d probably do one morning somewhere else nearby aswell.

Last edited by TGLoyalty; Dec 8, 2019 at 4:32 am
Old Dec 8, 2019, 8:37 am

Programs: Marriott TITANIUM, BWR Dia, IHG, Millemiglia Alitalia
Originally Posted by TGLoyalty
Having just visited this lounge (wasn’t planning to be up for breakfast so declined restaurant breakfast) I’d say the breakfast spread is decent enough for a lounge - juices/smoothies, bacon/eggs/scrambled and poached eggs, cold meats/fish, cheese, waffles and syrup, decent pastry and bread selection plus cereals. Coffee machine makes a passable cup and could even make it with hazelnut, vanilla or caramel flavour.

Though if I was here for 4 nights I’d go for the restaurant vs £5 of points just for some variety and because Id prefer made to order eggs and infact I’d probably do one morning somewhere else nearby aswell.
Is there a nice evening service in the Lounge?
Old Dec 8, 2019, 2:40 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, IHG Spire, AMEX Plat
Originally Posted by GoldenItalianBoy
I completely forgot to pop in and take a look after I’d checked in, sorry.

bit of feedback on my room though. Was upgraded to a superior green park view and while it was a decent enough room with a nice view it turned out the exterior window was broken (strange gap as if the hinges had dropped or something so there was a very noticeable gap) and the interior window (ilo double glazing) was too small to actually fully close. Didn’t notice an issue until the wind started picking through the middle of the night and a really loud annoying whistle started, I really couldn’t be bothered to complain as I would have got less sleep by moving than just whacking the heating up and putting ear plugs in. I did make the reception aware in the morning but I have a feeling this won’t be fixed as there was no real concern nor recovery but I’ll be following up on that.

Towel rails didn’t actually heat so bathroom stayed pretty chilly, personal pet hate is cold bathrooms.

very good bed and duvet but rubbish pillows.

great location for shopping and sightseeing.

It was a so-so stay and I personally wouldn’t return.

Last edited by TGLoyalty; Dec 8, 2019 at 2:50 pm
Old Dec 8, 2019, 2:43 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Originally Posted by GoldenItalianBoy
It's wine/ beer, a couple hot options, cheese, crackers, nuts, etc. Pretty good by Europe standards, but not quite as good as the Hilton Park Lane.
GoldenItalianBoy likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.