Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 9, 2018, 7:28 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Amsterdam

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11, 2003, 6:34 am

Programs: Marriott lifetime Titanium, Delta Platinum
Thanks for your report Sharon.
Old Sep 12, 2003, 6:14 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, UA Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by SkiAdcock:
For the Americans reading this, reminds me of the "Cheers" bar.</font>
Do you mean something like the bar from the TV-Show Cheers?

Muerz

------------------
Visit the Hyatt Review Website at http://www.hotelreview.de.vu
Old Sep 12, 2003, 11:01 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Yes, like the Cheers TV show bar.

I'm in the exec lounge again & heads up, no food/drink on Fri/Sat eves (and no notice of it), so of course not knowing I invited a client in for a drink. Oops - guess down to the Cheers bar (not quite the same atmosphere).

I've now asked & been told there's still bkfst on the weekend but not the eve on F/S.

Given that the hotel is 100% booked w/ the exec level going for $395 you'd think they would have it on weekends (I think they did last year when I was here).

------------------
Sharon
Old Sep 12, 2003, 8:13 pm

I spent 3 nights there in July - I didn't ask and they upgraded me to a Junior Suite - fantastic.

The one comment I had about the hotel has to do with the staff - they were fantastic! the restaurant was excellent!

Since we were traveling with my 2 kids, my wife loved the FREE laundry facilities.

This is a great hotel
Old Sep 13, 2003, 10:08 pm

Programs: United 1K MM - 1.7M actually, Marriott Platinum Premier, Hertz Gold
what is the IBC?
Old Sep 14, 2003, 7:10 am

Programs: LH Sen // HH Dia; Bonvoy LTTE
SkiAdcock, thanks for your detailled report including recent changes: the lounge had drinks/snacks on the weekend during my visit in 2002.

------------------
Pictures from hotel stays
Basic Hotel stays/nights/points calculator
Short overview: KLM FD, LH M&M
Old Sep 14, 2003, 11:22 am

IBC - International Broadcasting Convention. Its held in Amsterdam every September.

Old Sep 14, 2003, 11:27 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
The staff here is excellent. They always have been. I stay here each year for the IBC show (thank goodness I split the bill btwn my clients; 395Euros is a lot & the Junior Suites go for 455E during the show - ouch). Tax is 5%.

Room service is 24/7. Food is decent. Last night I was tired & did the 'in room movie deal' - 3 dif combos of drink, salad or bread or wings, pizza or burger or pasta. I went w/ the pizza (there's a Pizza Hut on premises).

For whoever stayed in the Junior Suite, can you provide more details & a room #?

BTW - the location of this hotel is great, as it's on the Leidesplain & the museums are about a 5 minute walk away.

------------------
Sharon

[This message has been edited by SkiAdcock (edited 09-14-2003).]
Old Sep 15, 2003, 11:45 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">BTW - the location of this hotel is great, as it's on the Leidesplain & the museums are about a 5 minute walk away.</font>
It's also the closest major hotel to the Wagamamas restaurant, if you're into Japanese noodles in a rather unique dormitory style seating layout :-)
Old Dec 17, 2003, 5:30 pm

Programs: AA Plat; HH Gold; Marriott Silver; UCLA Fan
Amsterdam Marriott -- any experience?

Will be in Amsterdam for one night in April. Plan to stay at the Marriott on an award stay. Anyone have any experience with this hotel, and how good is its location in relation to the tourist stuff in A'dam?
Old Dec 17, 2003, 5:36 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, United Silver
Stayed one night about 18 months ago. Excellent location. Most tourist stuff is within walking distance. They upgraded me to the equivalent of an efficiency apartment w/ dining room table, kitchen, etc. I was by myself so I really didn't take advantage of it. I recommend staying there.
Old Dec 17, 2003, 9:01 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
The Amsterdam Marriott was one of my favorite European hotel experiences. The property is in the middle of everything, the staff is great and, as the previous poster said, within walking distance of all major AMS sites.
The only negative was that I picked the week they decided to sandblast the hotel exterior...and they started on my side of the hotel on my arrival as I was trying to nap after a redeye flight.
Old Dec 18, 2003, 12:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
You are talking about what is IMHO the best located hotel in Amsterdam. A search of this board will get you a ton of info on this property.
Old Dec 18, 2003, 12:32 am

Programs: AA- Lifetime Platinum (Former EXP, CK) 6MM, Marriott - Lifetime Titanium Elite
I have spent 32 nights there in 2003. I agree that the hotel is in one of the best locations in Amsterdam. The property is located just across the street from the Leidseplein. You will find literally 100's of restaurants and clubs within a 4 to 5 block radius.

You can also catch a tram to Central Station (take the 1, 2 or 5 tram for 2 Euros) and you are quickly within walking distance of Chinatown and the "Red Light" district.

As an elite member (Gold or PLT) you will be given access to the Executive floor which serves a very nice breakfast as well as snacks with Beer and Wine (no charge) in the evening.

You can easliy walk to the Van Gough Museum as well as the Reichsmuseum from the property and you are adjacent to Vondel Park which is great for walking or jogging if you are so inclined.

The property has a very nice exercise facility which is open 24 hours a day and last but not least they now even have High Speed internet available in the rooms.

All in all the property is nice, clean and very nicely located in a great part of the city.

Cheers,

[This message has been edited by paul5E (edited Dec 18, 2003).]
Old Dec 18, 2003, 7:27 am

I am amazed by the good reviews this hotel gets.

Whilst the location is central and the Executive Lounge is good we where very disappointed with the hotel. Our room was very tacky and in desperate need of refurbishment, this was despite being assured that we had a fine room. Our room did overlook the Leidseplein but the street and traffic noise was unrelenting.

Previously we have stayed at the Renaissance but the good reviews for the Marriott, posted on this board, convinced us to try it. Needless to say we will be back at the Renaissance for our next visit to Amsterdam.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.