Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 9, 2018, 7:28 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Amsterdam

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19, 2023, 12:49 pm

Programs: BAEC - back to lowly blue. Marriott - Lifetime Platinum
Plus, the Marriott is in fairly good proximity to the Van Gogh Museum and the Rijksmuseum if interested.

I know that the construction at the Renaissance is a concern but when we were there last May it was only during the daylight working hours, 8 - 5 and only during weekdays, not on weekends or holidays, so not a big deal for us, just fyi.
TravisMT81 likes this.
Old Oct 19, 2023, 4:29 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Daremo999
sounds like the Ren has the best location followed by the W with the Marriot being the worst (if you walking/taking trains)?
If your sole criterion for rating location is proximity to Centraal Station, then Ren is best. But all three properties are very well located. I'd certainly never consider Marriott's location "bad" - it's actually quite central.
Old Oct 23, 2023, 2:06 pm
Original Member

Programs: Lifetime Platinum Marriott
Any recent opinions on Courtyard Amsterdam Airport?
or
RI Houthavens?
Arriving by train from Paris.

Staying in Amsterdam. Mainly as a place to sleep in between trips to Kuekenhof and Delft. But wife has never been so will probably head into the city one evening.
I know the Ren gets good reviews but Courtyard and airport is closer to those destinations (but farther from city center.)
WIll I regret staying at Courtyard? With corporate rate I will end up saving about 200 euros/night
Also found a cheap rate for RI Houthavens with Harbor view.

Last edited by rthib; Oct 23, 2023 at 10:05 pm
Old Nov 9, 2023, 10:19 pm

Programs: Star Alliance G*, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium,
more information & a query about Moxy Schilpol Airport.

I had a negative experience @ The Courtyard. Avoid it IMO.
I am now in house @ The Moxy Schilpol. No SNA upgrades - which is fine. Early check-in honoured. (I am Plat, soon to be Titanium). Now they have an upcharge for a shuttle to AMS. Is this something new?
Old Dec 7, 2023, 4:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Suggestions on where to stay for an upcoming 5 night trip. I will be at the Hague for a hearing for about a week after which my family will be joining me in Amsterdam. I have a number of free night certificates to burn & would prefer to do so on this trip as a number of them would be expiring soon after. I have 4 35k certs & 1 25K cert. Given this restriction, my options are limited to the following:
Sir Albert
Sir Adam
Apollo
Moxy Houthavens
Residence Inn Houthavens
Element
At the Element & Residence Inn I would be able to book one room for my family of 4 (2 adults & 2 little kids) but at the other hotels I'll have to book another room on points. We are pretty comfortable walking around, taking trains & public transport.

I travel regularly to the Hague but it has been years since I last stayed in Amsterdam. Last time was over 15 years ago. For my family it will be their first trip to Amsterdam.
Old Dec 7, 2023, 6:26 am

Purely for location, I'd say it's between the two Sirs, the others are too far out if you plan to walk to sights. The base rooms aren't enormous at either (and they're both Design Hotels level elite benefits) but of those two I'd say Sir Adam.

Yes you have to take the ferry but it's a brief and very regular hop across from Centraal Station rather than a journey, and then you are on top of the rail, metro and tram system to everywhere in Amsterdam and beyond (NL is an easy country to explore by train). 5 days down at the other one would begin to feel out of the way to me, despite having more restaurants etc next door, due to the longer ride to get to other neighbourhoods. Others may disagree though. Depends how much exploring you plan to do...

Plus the current GM at Sir Adam is a really lovely guy, Robbert.
Old Dec 9, 2023, 2:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by KingCanute
I'd say Sir Adam.
I was leaning towards Sir Adam but I won't be able to use Suite Nights here & then there is also the lack of elite benefits at a Design property.

We have no set plan for exploring the city. There is a good possibility that we will only be in Amsterdam for a couple of days & use the rest to do day trips. We plan on going to Giethoorn & Delft. Maybe one more place.
Old Dec 9, 2023, 3:15 am

Originally Posted by Keyser
I was leaning towards Sir Adam but I won't be able to use Suite Nights here & then there is also the lack of elite benefits at a Design property.

We have no set plan for exploring the city. There is a good possibility that we will only be in Amsterdam for a couple of days & use the rest to do day trips. We plan on going to Giethoorn & Delft. Maybe one more place.
To be honest, although out of your suggestions I have said Sir Adam for location, when I'm staying in Amsterdam (rather than visiting it from somewhere else in NL) I tend to stay off-brand. There are some nice independents in that area within the canal ring to the west of the Renaissance. About 10 mins walk to Centraal Station, and that area is quieter with some nice bars and restaurants and a more local vibe. Means spending €€€ though rather than points, so maybe not what you're looking for. Amsterdam is pricey these days.

Last edited by KingCanute; Dec 9, 2023 at 3:31 am
Old Dec 9, 2023, 5:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by KingCanute
To be honest, although out of your suggestions I have said Sir Adam for location, when I'm staying in Amsterdam (rather than visiting it from somewhere else in NL) I tend to stay off-brand. There are some nice independents in that area within the canal ring to the west of the Renaissance. About 10 mins walk to Centraal Station, and that area is quieter with some nice bars and restaurants and a more local vibe. Means spending €€€ though rather than points, so maybe not what you're looking for. Amsterdam is pricey these days.
My go-to property in the past in Amsterdam has always been the Doubletree, however, as I said before, I'm looking to use up the free night certificates with Marriott. If I can't find a Marriott property to stay in then the alternative would be to go back to the Doubletree.
Old Feb 10, 2024, 4:32 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium (LT Silver), UA Silver
Anyone stayed at the Moxy Amsterdam Schiphol Airport recently? Is the airport shuttle free, and what hours does it run? I can't seem to find a master thread for this property.
Old Feb 14, 2024, 12:09 am

Do we have free shuttle to airport from Renaissance Amsterdam Schiphol Airport Hotel. Also how easy to travel to Cenral startion and surrounding downtown area for a day from this hotel.
Old Feb 14, 2024, 10:27 am

The Renaissance Amsterdam is about a 5 or so minute walk from the central train station. They are having construction going on so if you like to sleep in until noon, it probably would not be a good fit. I can't answer about a shuttle and am unaware of any; we used a taxi.
Old Feb 14, 2024, 11:30 am

Originally Posted by JayeJ
The Renaissance Amsterdam is about a 5 or so minute walk from the central train station. They are having construction going on so if you like to sleep in until noon, it probably would not be a good fit. I can't answer about a shuttle and am unaware of any; we used a taxi.
Thanks for the information. I am staying in one close to airport for 4 days. It has shuttle to airport. I probably mixed up 2 questions. If i am to stay one night near central station on weekend, i guess i look into the one close to central station.
Old Feb 14, 2024, 3:26 pm

As I recall, Sunday at that Renaissance the (jack) hammers fell silent. I can't recall about Saturday, plus it may have been a 3 day weekend, but as we were out all day, construction didn't disturb us although breakfast was pretty noisy. You can email for details if you are concerned about that. We were there last May.

Enjoy your time; we loved Amsterdam.
Old Feb 14, 2024, 4:13 pm

Programs: Star Alliance G*, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium,
I will let you know

Originally Posted by mtxing
Anyone stayed at the Moxy Amsterdam Schiphol Airport recently? Is the airport shuttle free, and what hours does it run? I can't seem to find a master thread for this property.
I checked this property out on my last day @ The Sheraton. They charge for the shuttle - but - its complimentary for Elites. Go figure.
The thing you need to know is its a healthy distance from Schilpol. Not really conducive to exploring Amsterdam.
I am told the brekkies is full buffet. Good enough for me. I am going back for a points stay in November.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.