Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy Hotels in or near Mexico City

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Bonvoy Hotels in or near Mexico City

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2018, 7:03 am

Programs: SPG Platinum & Gold for life, M&M Senator, Flying Blue Platinum,
Alright St R it is!
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old Apr 3, 2018, 8:27 am

Can anyone offer some recent insight on Sheraton ($102/nt) vs Le Meridian ($125/nt)?

My husband and I will be spending 3 nights in Mexico City, first time. We like to stay central/walkable but budget friendly so we don't need to be right in the center. When walking, we prefer to walk in higher foot traffic areas rather than through random residential or business streets/neighborhoods. We don't care much for nightlife/clubs/bars, but enjoy photography, good food (local/street preferred over high end restaurants), architecture, parks, museums, shopping, coffee shops, and the occasional beer/brewery.

We are SPG Gold, but in 2 years that has gotten us virtually nothing (except points at check-in), so we're not hoping for any upgrades or anything.

Last edited by mymousecapades; Apr 3, 2018 at 9:20 am
Old Apr 3, 2018, 8:55 am

Programs: Marriott LTS
I am planning to stay here from Oct 26 -29 to watch F1 race. What is the best hotel to stay at?? Marriott or SPG??
Old Apr 9, 2018, 6:09 pm

Programs: *A Gold, OW Sapphire, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by mymousecapades
Can anyone offer some recent insight on Sheraton ($102/nt) vs Le Meridian ($125/nt)?

My husband and I will be spending 3 nights in Mexico City, first time. We like to stay central/walkable but budget friendly so we don't need to be right in the center. When walking, we prefer to walk in higher foot traffic areas rather than through random residential or business streets/neighborhoods. We don't care much for nightlife/clubs/bars, but enjoy photography, good food (local/street preferred over high end restaurants), architecture, parks, museums, shopping, coffee shops, and the occasional beer/brewery.

We are SPG Gold, but in 2 years that has gotten us virtually nothing (except points at check-in), so we're not hoping for any upgrades or anything.
Confused at your doubt as there are two Sheraton in Mexico City; Maria Isabel and Santa Fe

Sheraton Santa Fe is absolutely disgusting for a tourist as it sits in a corporate area where tourists would have nothing to do there and might face traffic in/out of the area. Thus if your doubt is between the Maria Isabel and Meridien, they are not that distant between them but Maria Isabel is better located, in front of El Angel one of CDMX references.
Old Apr 10, 2018, 2:10 pm

Programs: DL PM 0.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, Avis PC, National EE, Hertz PC
I've stayed at both properties - Sheraton Maria Isabel and Le Meridien.

Sheraton has a good lounge. Rooms are hit / miss. Some are upgraded/remodeled while others are outdated.
Le Meridien is a converted Embassy Suites. No lounge, but it has a pool in the basement. Nothing spectacular here.

I would pick based on location. I would lean slightly more towards Sheraton since I had lounge access - YMMV though since your status is only gold.
Old Apr 11, 2018, 12:05 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
I thought Le Méridien was much more fresh than Maria Isabel. While both rooms were decent, the Sheraton had a lingering sewer odour in the lobby on two consecutive days.
Old Apr 11, 2018, 8:33 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by kxc262
I would pick based on location.
The locations are pretty similar, about a mile apart on Reforma. Sheraton is closer to Chapultepec Park and Polanco; LM is closer to Alameda Central and Centro Historico. Both are well located.
Old Apr 11, 2018, 3:28 pm

I stayed at the St Regist twice...nice but too quiet. Near the main fountain, museum and parkin
Old Jun 13, 2018, 11:16 am

Has anyone stayed in the Four Points Roma? Not to be snooty, but I try to avoid hotels like this when there are 4 and 5 star SPG alternatives around. However in this case it seems like the location might be worth it (and it looks like they have a rooftop bar?). 90 bucks a night doesn't hurt either. Thoughts?
Old Jun 13, 2018, 11:41 am

Programs: AS MVP/AC75K/AM Gold/UA*S/SPG-Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Accor-FPC Gold/HHDiamond/Hyatt Exp
$90 USD nightly at the Four Points Roma property is a very poor value when the others have rates on the weekend for $100ish USD.

I love the neighbourhood, the staff are mostly very good, but the rooms are basic (the shower is excellent I will add).
Old Jun 13, 2018, 12:11 pm

Programs: SPG, Wyndham, AA
Don’t go out of your way to stay at W Mexico City. Though the area had a park a few blocks away, just benches though. It was a short walk to a high end shopping district.

For what you’d get at the Le Meriden nominally would be worth it.
Old Jun 13, 2018, 12:41 pm

Originally Posted by upgrade.me
Don’t go out of your way to stay at W Mexico City. Though the area had a park a few blocks away, just benches though. It was a short walk to a high end shopping district.
(...)
Care to define park, please; And, please elaborate on few blocks away...

Bosque de Chapultepec is next to W, with 1695 acres a park larger that NY Central park with only 843 acres. Inside there is a very nice zoo, forests, lake and wild areas abound inside.
Old Jun 13, 2018, 12:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Originally Posted by pb9997
Care to define park, please; And, please elaborate on few blocks away...

Bosque de Chapultepec is next to W, with 1695 acres a park larger that NY Central park with only 843 acres. Inside there is a very nice zoo, forests, lake and wild areas abound inside.
Thanks very much for this useful info. We're planing on staying at the W overnight on a 20-hour transit on the way back from Europe next month. I'd read other good things about the location, but not about the park.
Old Jun 13, 2018, 1:00 pm

Originally Posted by Thunderroad
Thanks very much for this useful info. We're planing on staying at the W overnight on a 20-hour transit on the way back from Europe next month. I'd read other good things about the location, but not about the park.
W sits in an area with high-end hotels in the same street, within an exclusive neighbourhood, great restaurants, shopping centres and restaurants.

In such a short stay, better grab the Hop on-Hop off bus to have a general view of the city. Bus stops nearby.

Agree with upgrade.me there is no hurry in staying at W though. Sheraton Maria Isabel is in front of El Angel and has a lounge with amazing views, in Reforma Avenue; In this avenue you will find both the St Regis and Le Meridien. Reforma Avenue is quite nice. Hop on Hop off bus stops, also available at these properties
Old Jun 13, 2018, 1:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Originally Posted by pb9997
W sits in an area with high-end hotels in the same street, within an exclusive neighbourhood, great restaurants, shopping centres and restaurants.

In such a short stay, better grab the Hop on-Hop off bus to have a general view of the city. Bus stops nearby.

Agree with upgrade.me there is no hurry in staying at W though. Sheraton Maria Isabel is in front of El Angel and has a lounge with amazing views, in Reforma Avenue; In this avenue you will find both the St Regis and Le Meridien. Reforma Avenue is quite nice. Hop on Hop off bus stops, also available at these properties
Thanks very much for this advice. Given that we'll be pretty jet-lagged though, and that my wife has spent time in Mexico City before, what we're looking for is a neighborhood where we can simply stroll a bit and have a nice meal or two. The W seems to fit that bill, though if you have other recommendations I'd welcome them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.