Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy Hotels in or near Mexico City

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Bonvoy Hotels in or near Mexico City

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2024, 3:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Anyone here stayed at the Fairfield CDMX Vallejo. It's fairly cheap. Is there a subway station nearby? Is it far from Polanco?
Old Feb 24, 2024, 3:28 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Originally Posted by lsquare
Anyone here stayed at the Fairfield CDMX Vallejo. It's fairly cheap. Is there a subway station nearby?
A brief moment of research on the Marriott website for this property reveals that the nearest Subway station is 'Vellejo', which googles to '8 minutes walk'.
lsquare likes this.
Old Feb 24, 2024, 8:05 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold, IHG Silver, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold
Originally Posted by lsquare
Anyone here stayed at the Fairfield CDMX Vallejo. It's fairly cheap. Is there a subway station nearby? Is it far from Polanco?
Like the previous poster indicated, there's a metro stop about 5 minutes up the road. It's Metro #6. It automatically connects to Metro #7 (Polanco) so it will go straight to Polanco.

Download the CDMX Metro/Metro Bus app by developer Ya Yalla. They're based in Roma Norte. It's the same one used by CDMX on their government app. It's capable of providing location service and gives you directions to the nearest metro to your location, and maps of all routes, metro and metro buses including the ones that go to the state of Mexico, etc. Enjoy your stay.
lsquare likes this.
Old Feb 24, 2024, 1:52 pm

Programs: *A Gold, OW Sapphire, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer
A brief moment of research on the Marriott website for this property reveals that the nearest Subway station is 'Vellejo', which googles to '8 minutes walk'.
I would be very cautious about this area as I am unsure whether a simple walk in the streets of an industrial area in AZCAPOTZALCO is safe for a local; Assume complicated for a foreigner, walking among migrants sleeping/living in streets generating odd smells, bathing, overcrowding and nuisance for locals. I have never been to this area, in the outskirts North of CDMX to venture myself walking, too close to the division to Mexico State.

Industrial areas in any city are usually poor. Certain shady areas in CDMX are not even safe for locals to walk during the day due to drugs, robberies, etc. Locals know which streets to use cautiously and which ones to avoid at all costs. And, a small number of shady areas taxis plainly refuse to drive to, at certain hours.

Regardless of price, make sure you can get in/out of the property other than walking and whether it's worth it the hassle at all, if you have no business around that area, other than sleeping.

Perhaps a local CDMX with local knowledge of that specific area may add up.

Ref.:

Ref: Migrantes - bloqueos
Old Feb 24, 2024, 3:54 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold, IHG Silver, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold
I'm assuming you haven't stayed or walked outside of the tourists areas in CDMX? There's places in CDMX that's worse, believe me. In my opinion east and north east CDMX is worse. And actually some of the best and more wealthy neighborhoods, believe it or not border Mexico state to the west/north west .One thing I figured out is businesses know where not to set up shop here. And there's many business there. Also, migrants have always come through CDMX. There were a boatload of them.....in Roma Norte/Juarez. The government allows them to stay untill they are processed to move on.
lsquare likes this.
Old Feb 24, 2024, 3:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by Global Adventurer
I'm assuming you haven't stayed or walked outside of the tourists areas in CDMX? There's places in CDMX that's worse, believe me. In my opinion east and north east CDMX is worse. And actually some of the best and more wealthy neighborhoods, believe it or not border Mexico state to the west/north west .One thing I figured out is businesses know where not to set up shop here. And there's many business there. Also, migrants have always come through CDMX. There were a boatload of them.....in Roma Norte/Juarez. The government allows them to stay untill they are processed to move on.
So you're saying Vallejo is safe?
Old Feb 24, 2024, 4:11 pm

Safe has different meanings in Mexico City. Safe at night, probably not. Many places in CDMX is not safe at night including the historical center. In the evening and night I only take my dummy phone with me and no credit cards or high denominations of currency. Because if you have nothing they have nothing to take. I'm leaving right now to go to reforma for the belated night Valentine day gathering that ends at 11pm. I used to live in Tlalpan which is a very bad area but I lived in a gated community and it was fine during the day hours. I would have no issues staying at the Marriott where you plan to stay. And would only catch the metro or Uber in the evenings.
lsquare likes this.
Old Feb 24, 2024, 7:10 pm

Here's the list from 2023 of every area in CDMX and how the locals ranked them as "not so safe". Like I mentioned before, going east/northeast and far south is the worse, like to Iztapalapa, Tlalpan, Xochimilco, Tlahauc etc. And even though Cuauhtemoc covers the touristy areas it also covers Tepito and other gang infested neighborhoods, and that't why it's not even close to the top. Neighborhoods like Doctores and Transito is right next door to Roma Norte but people still flock to Roma. Walking from Roma going eastbound you can definitely tell the difference and that's why you just keep on walking😁

Benito Juarez (19.4%)
Cuajimalpa (22.3%)
Coyoacán (36.1%)
Venustiano Carranza (42.6%)
Miguel Hidalgo (47.8%)
Azcapotzalco (54.1%)
Álvaro Obregón (56%)
Magdalena Contreras (56.3%)
Cuauhtémoc (64.4%)
Tlalpan (64.7%)
Gustavo A. Madero (64.9%)
Milpa Alta (68.9%)
Iztacalco (69.8%)
Tláhuac (72.9%)
Iztapalapa (76%)
Xochimilco (77%)
lsquare likes this.
Old Mar 23, 2024, 11:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
Any thoughts on the Courtyard Revolucion? It doesn't seem to have its own thread and reading 25+ pages of this thread doesn't seem reasonable as most talk about the Reforma hotels (most of which have their own thread).

Is the area safe? How easy/difficult is it to get to the Palacio for a concert?

Thanks,
-RM
Old Mar 23, 2024, 12:01 pm

Originally Posted by RobOnLI
Any thoughts on the Courtyard Revolucion? It doesn't seem to have its own thread and reading 25+ pages of this thread doesn't seem reasonable as most talk about the Reforma hotels (most of which have their own thread).

Is the area safe? How easy/difficult is it to get to the Palacio for a concert?

Thanks,
-RM
This hotel is always priced lower than the others because it is not anywhere close to the more touristy areas and a far walk to the palacio bella artes. It's not terrible for crime, but it's not a place to be walking around late at night with no care in the world. If I stayed there, I would travel by the metro bus/metro or take an Uber at night. The hotel itself is fine, for working/business but for touring the city, not so much. You'll spend a lot of time in an Uber, Metro/Metro Bus. Whatever savings you're gaining for the nightly hotel rate, you'll be spending it on transportation. The good thing about CDMX is the cheap transportation all around the touristy areas and excellent access to it.
Old Mar 23, 2024, 12:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
Originally Posted by Global Adventurer
This hotel is always priced lower than the others because it is not anywhere close to the more touristy areas and a far walk to the palacio bella artes. It's not terrible for crime, but it's not a place to be walking around late at night with no care in the world. If I stayed there, I would travel by the metro bus/metro or take an Uber at night. The hotel itself is fine, for working/business but for touring the city, not so much. You'll spend a lot of time in an Uber, Metro/Metro Bus. Whatever savings you're gaining for the nightly hotel rate, you'll be spending it on transportation. The good thing about CDMX is the cheap transportation all around the touristy areas and excellent access to it.
Thanks. You answered what I asked. I meant Palacio de Los Deportes (not Belles Artes). Looks like line 9 goes to Velodromo and it's a short walk from there. But it's a half mile walk from the Courtyard to the line 9 metro station. Hopefully it's safe enough I've played tourist many times in MEX City so this trip is mostly about the concert. Appreciate the reply.

-RM
Old Mar 23, 2024, 12:48 pm

Originally Posted by RobOnLI
Thanks. You answered what I asked. I meant Palacio de Los Deportes (not Belles Artes). Looks like line 9 goes to Velodromo and it's a short walk from there. But it's a half mile walk from the Courtyard to the line 9 metro station. Hopefully it's safe enough I've played tourist many times in MEX City so this trip is mostly about the concert. Appreciate the reply.

-RM
Yes, you should be fine walking on the main road towards the Metro. And there will be LOTS of people all around the concert hall, so walking to/from the Metro shouldn't be a problem. Enjoy your time in the city.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.