Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy ‘Ambassador Elite’ Experiences Discussion Thread (2021 / 22 / 23 -)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 13, 2021, 1:23 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
Previous years discussions can be found in the Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador elite level experiences 2020 and earlier thread.

Ambassador Service general email address: [email protected]

Ambassador Service general phone line (USA): (866) 924-9885

Europe: +353-21-4861 222
USA: +1-866-924-9885
Asia : +86-20-38157156

Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy ‘Ambassador Elite’ Experiences Discussion Thread (2021 / 22 / 23 -)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2021, 3:50 pm

Programs: Yes
Originally Posted by longtimereader firstimeposter
You’re missing the point. Just stick with Hyatt, there’s no need for you to keep responding on this thread.
His point is that another company during the same economic downturn managed to maintain or improve its operation whereas Marriott gutted theirs.

Simply telling someone to go elsewhere because they disagree with you isn’t productive. 🤞🏻
SPN Lifer and kaizen7 like this.
Old Apr 28, 2021, 4:19 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
You’re missing the point. Just stick with Hyatt, there’s no need for you to keep responding on this thread.
Thanks. You have a great day, too :-)
SPN Lifer, goodeats21 and anteater like this.
Old Apr 28, 2021, 4:32 pm

@ anteater Kacee goodeats21 & khabah, thanks for feedback on Ambassador survey email post.
Old Apr 28, 2021, 4:41 pm

Programs: spg gold, CO Platinum, MR Gold
While I agree Marriott missed the ball with the intent and purpose of the ambassador program, I believe there needs to be more on-property benefits especially once hotels are up and running pre-covid meaning % of f and b discounts (not including breakfast since that is or should i say was a welcome amenity choice) based on level, etc. Also it would be ideal within the app to have a function where if you are an ambassador to have a chat function available to chat with any customer service agent to avoid times on phones, email wait times etc. There is a lot of improvement that can be made within the program to make it more appealing than what it is. Judging from all the threads and comments it is clear marriott has work to do to create a better value proposition for the members. Too bad david flueck doesn't have anyone within the program management that can do something better.
Old Apr 28, 2021, 4:57 pm

Originally Posted by anteater
His point is that another company during the same economic downturn managed to maintain or improve its operation whereas Marriott gutted theirs.

Simply telling someone to go elsewhere because they disagree with you isn’t productive. 🤞🏻
and my point being that SPG ambassador status wasn’t better than Marriott ambassador status which they stated was an “unqualified opinion”. Providing details about Hyatt Concierge status as a rebuttal to my unqualified opinion misses the point of the conversation and is quite frankly irrelevant to the subject of the thread which is Ambassador Elite experiences, not “how does ambassador compare to Hyatt”.
DJ_Iceman likes this.
Old Apr 28, 2021, 5:08 pm

Programs: Yes
and my point being that SPG ambassador status wasn’t better than Marriott ambassador status which they stated was an “unqualified opinion”. Providing details about Hyatt Concierge status as a rebuttal to my unqualified opinion misses the point of the conversation and is quite frankly irrelevant to the subject of the thread which is Ambassador Elite experiences, not “how does ambassador compare to Hyatt”.
You also completely ignored the intent of their comment, even after an explanation. A comparison to a competitor who is an example that maintaining top tier benefits and a program is possible is definitely relevant.

Though, I shall decline future responses since it is evident the discussion is not progressing.
SPN Lifer and goodeats21 like this.
Old Apr 28, 2021, 7:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
As one who was a SPG Ambassador all years save one since the "public" start of the program (2012)...yeah it was great, and yeah, it did go straight downhill starting in 2018.

Ditched Marriott for good early 2019, saw the writing on the wall when the Lurker at the time proclaimed they weren't going to bother showing you your spend until you hit 50 nights. SMH.

Hyatt is truly a breath of fresh air, a bit different but almost feels like good ol' SPG, and better in many ways (confirmed advance suite upgrades, breakfast benefit, no resort fees, no parking fees on awards, etc.)

Truly amazed that people voluntarily still give Marriott this amount of money.
SPN Lifer, Kacee and anteater like this.
Old Apr 28, 2021, 8:24 pm

Programs: UA 1KMM, Bonvoy LTE+A, HH D, Nat'l EE, Hertz Plat, Avis PC
Truly amazed that people who love Hyatt so much still spend so much of their precious time on the Marriott forum .....ing about how inferior the program and hotels are.

To get back to the survey, I've been Ambassador since the beginning (and platinum premier before that) and did not receive one. I know that all surveys are sent to a sample of members, so not getting any particular survey is not surprising. But I have to wonder if they've looked at my stay and spend history (which have still been focused on Bonvoy properties over the past couple of years) and assumed correctly that I'm actually pretty satisfied with the Ambassador service as it currently exists.

And I'm sorry @longtimereader firstimeposter that people don't seem to be getting what I think are your rather straightforward points.
Old Apr 28, 2021, 8:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Marriott is like a multi-car pileup...even as you thankfully drive away, you can't help but gape at the wreckage
SPN Lifer and anteater like this.
Old Apr 28, 2021, 8:43 pm

Location: Manhattan, Palm Beach Island, San Francisco, Boston, & Hong Kong
Programs: Lifetime United Global Services, Delta Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador, & Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by DJ_Iceman
Truly amazed that people who love Hyatt so much still spend so much of their precious time on the Marriott forum .....ing about how inferior the program and hotels are.

To get back to the survey, I've been Ambassador since the beginning (and platinum premier before that) and did not receive one. I know that all surveys are sent to a sample of members, so not getting any particular survey is not surprising. But I have to wonder if they've looked at my stay and spend history (which have still been focused on Bonvoy properties over the past couple of years) and assumed correctly that I'm actually pretty satisfied with the Ambassador service as it currently exists.

And I'm sorry @longtimereader firstimeposter that people don't seem to be getting what I think are your rather straightforward points.
Thanks for sharing your experience. Can you stare some examples of where your Ambassador has been helpful. Threads like this seem to have encouraged many Titanium members to pursue Hyatt Globalist instead of Ambassador (such as myself).
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Apr 28, 2021, 9:23 pm

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
I didn't get the survey.

My previous "personal ambassador" was helpful. Unfortunately once the service moved to ambassador service team, only the response time was improving.

The quality of resolution however, drop significantly.
Asking for details of an offer, they simply copy and paste the information on the web even though its was quite clear that the details I asked was not there

Nowadays its easier to just contact the hotel directly for any booking related matters.
Old Apr 28, 2021, 9:50 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Lighten up, Francis. It's an internet forum.
Old Apr 28, 2021, 9:53 pm

Originally Posted by kaizen7
I didn't get the survey.
Thanks guys appreciate it. It's the first time I received the AMB survey so probably just randomly selected.
Old Apr 28, 2021, 10:21 pm

Programs: UA 1KMM, Bonvoy LTE+A, HH D, Nat'l EE, Hertz Plat, Avis PC
Originally Posted by WasKnown
Thanks for sharing your experience. Can you stare some examples of where your Ambassador has been helpful. Threads like this seem to have encouraged many Titanium members to pursue Hyatt Globalist instead of Ambassador (such as myself).
I don't need lots of hand-holding; I'm pretty self-sufficient and low-maintenance. That being said, the Ambassador team has helped me recently when the points from a stay didn't post correctly (I only got base points for the room rate, but they quickly investigated and adjusted the point total to include all eligible spend, which was significant). They were able to add my Bonvoy number to an AmEx FHR booking where the number didn't attach and the system wouldn't allow me to add it--easy peasy, no muss no fuss. And last month when I booked a stay to celebrate my wife's birthday, I reached out to the Ambassador team to see what they might be able to help me arrange. At no cost to me they got the hotel to upgrade us to the presidential suite, had balloons and flowers waiting for us when we got to the room, along with a personalized note written and signed by hotel management and staff along with a bottle of Moet & Chandon, cheese and crackers, and chocolate-covered strawberries. Those are just this calendar year.
drod likes this.
Old May 8, 2021, 3:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
So, another very disappointing interaction with the Ambassador call center. Details below, but bottom line is different agents are giving different info, and promised follow up phone call / resolution never happened.

Called to redeem a TP. Friendly agent readily admitted she had never done this before but would call support to find out how to do it. I was fine with that, told her that they seem to be "tricky" and to take her time.
After 30 minutes on the phone, it still wasn't complete and I was told the systems take time to recognize the certificate issuance but she would take care of everything and would call me when complete.
After a couple hours, she called back hotel reservation seemed OK, but United miles were not deposited into my account. She told me told they take 24 hours to post but assured me they would be in my account the next day.

After 48 hours, still no miles in account. Called back and of course got a different agent who immediate told me miles take up to 7 days to post. When I informed her the last agent said it would be in my account in 24 hours, she promised to contact that agent as well as confirm when I can get the miles posted and would call me back with an update. Never got a phone call. Still no miles in account.

Just tried calling again. After the automated greeting and the usual survey prompt, it transfers to an open line, no agent ever comes on. So now sent an email asking for someone to call me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.