Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy ‘Ambassador Elite’ Experiences Discussion Thread (2021 / 22 / 23 -)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 13, 2021, 1:23 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
Previous years discussions can be found in the Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador elite level experiences 2020 and earlier thread.

Ambassador Service general email address: [email protected]

Ambassador Service general phone line (USA): (866) 924-9885

Europe: +353-21-4861 222
USA: +1-866-924-9885
Asia : +86-20-38157156

Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy ‘Ambassador Elite’ Experiences Discussion Thread (2021 / 22 / 23 -)

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2021, 1:46 pm

Programs: Yes
Originally Posted by margarita girl
Agree, but things are very different from when they were Starwood Lurkers.
William 🤙🏻
uanj, margarita girl and HHQX888 like this.
Old May 14, 2021, 5:13 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by anteater
They also ignore direct, public questions when it’s clear Marriott is in violation. 🤞🏻
Well they are almost certainly just toeing the company line. The role that William took on as internal customer advocate has pretty much been eliminated.
Old May 14, 2021, 7:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by Kacee
Well they are almost certainly just toeing the company line. The role that William took on as internal customer advocate has pretty much been eliminated.
Bingo. William was an active participant on FT with 20-30 posts/day. He would answer questions right in the forum (none of this send us your name, handle and reservation number so we can look into this, and then never hear the outcome). His job was to be Starwood’s social media representative. If he wasn’t allowed to answer a question, he’d say “that’s confidential information”, but we’d always get a reply. He was so good at it, that he was one of the reasons I switched from Marriott to Starwood.

I’m glad Marriott kept the Lurkers, but they’re a shadow of what they used to be (in presence and participation).
TerryK, SPN Lifer, damon88 and 6 others like this.
Old May 14, 2021, 11:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
I’m glad Marriott kept the Lurkers, but they’re a shadow of what they used to be (in presence and participation).
I suspect the Lurkers have day jobs to monitor other social media sites and platforms besides FT....and FT isn't as impactful as it was given the larger social media microcosm now...

David
Old May 15, 2021, 4:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DELee
I suspect the Lurkers have day jobs to monitor other social media sites and platforms besides FT....and FT isn't as impactful as it was given the larger social media microcosm now...

David
Based on the incorrect information coming out of Marriott’s Twitter account, I don’t know what to think anymore.
Old May 15, 2021, 9:01 am

Location: Manhattan, Palm Beach Island, San Francisco, Boston, & Hong Kong
Programs: Lifetime United Global Services, Delta Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador, & Hilton Diamond
Based on the incorrect information coming out of Marriott’s Twitter account, I don’t know what to think anymore.
I joined this board because the Twitter team told me that bonus EQNs (credit cards, promos, etc) do not count toward elite choice benefits. The lurkers here not only gave me correct info, they also went out of their way to ask for more information regarding this Twitter error. I am impressed by the lurker team and also do not think it is entirely the same as the Twitter team. Perhaps a lurkers can also help with Twitter/Facebook work but normal Twitter/facebook support employees cannot help with FT?
SPN Lifer and margarita girl like this.
Old May 15, 2021, 9:40 am

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
Somehow I think current lurkers need someone higher up approve their posts before they can post something specific.

Thats why most of the time they just ask membership number and reservation details.
SPN Lifer and WasKnown like this.
Old May 15, 2021, 11:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kaizen7
Somehow I think current lurkers need someone higher up approve their posts before they can post something specific.

Thats why most of the time they just ask membership number and reservation details.
From the modus operandi that I've observed, they ask for a PM with that info and follow up directly with that FTer.

David
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old May 15, 2021, 12:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

From the modus operandi that I've observed, they ask for a PM with that info and follow up directly with that FTer.

David
And unless the FTer posts the outcome, nothing is shared with the community.

(Again, I’m not blaming the Lurkers. I believe this is how Marriott mgmt wants things handled.)
SPN Lifer and anteater like this.
Old May 15, 2021, 12:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

And unless the FTer posts the outcome, nothing is shared with the community.

(Again, I’m not blaming the Lurkers. I believe this is how Marriott mgmt wants things handled.)
TBH, that's been standard operating procedure for most of the corporate "lurkers/insiders/etc." who've tracked FT over the years when I've interacted via PMs after a public post and their request for PM followup.

Personally, I appreciate the Lurkers persistence as we've complained and likely their challenges on getting issues addressed through their processes and management chains.

David
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old May 15, 2021, 2:47 pm

Programs: AC*Super Elite (100K) / PR*Elite / AY*Platinum (OWE) / SPG*Bonvoy Titanium (LTT)

David
Yah like bhr#b1n's super exclusive Ambassador FB page.
Old May 15, 2021, 3:40 pm

Originally Posted by supatight80
Yah like bhr#b1n's super exclusive Ambassador FB page.
That place is not a safe space. I was asked for my government issued ID at one time. I was also banned when I asked him publicly if he was shoehorning a Marriott rep into the group (against the group’s wishes) in exchange for Cobalt status.

🤞🏻
Old May 15, 2021, 4:27 pm
SPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Lifetime Titanium, Delta Plat, Hilton Diamond , Hyatt Globalist
That place is not a safe space. I was asked for my government issued ID at one time. I was also banned when I asked him publicly if he was shoehorning a Marriott rep into the group (against the group’s wishes) in exchange for Cobalt status.

🤞🏻
I try to avoid flame wars but when there are blatant untruths being spread I feel the need to step in.

Back when the Ambassador group was much smaller (around 500 members IIRC) bhrubin polled the members to gauge support (or not) to add the Ambassador executive-

There was overwhelming support (see screenshot). Please check your facts before spreading misinformation—

The group is over 3 times larger now. Bill discloses everything before someone chooses to join.1.6 Thousand members have had no problem proving their eligibility, without sacrificing any secure details. I believe an ID is only requested from people whose FB ID does not match the name on their Marriott account.

And the Cobalt thing is laughable. I guess if you can’t join ‘em, beat ‘em (by making stuff up)
Old May 15, 2021, 4:50 pm

Originally Posted by damon88
I try to avoid flame wars but when there are blatant untruths being spread I feel the need to step in.

Back when the Ambassador group was much smaller (around 500 members IIRC) bhrubin polled the members to gauge support (or not) to add the Ambassador executive-

There was overwhelming support (see screenshot). Please check your facts before spreading misinformation—

The group is over 3 times larger now. Bill discloses everything before someone chooses to join.1.6 Thousand members have had no problem proving their eligibility, without sacrificing any secure details. I believe an ID is only requested from people whose FB ID does not match the name on their Marriott account.

And the Cobalt thing is laughable. I guess if you can’t join ‘em, beat ‘em (by making stuff up)
I can’t speak to what is in the group currently or what has occurred since I left, but there was significant (majority) of users expressing concern at adding a Marriott employee to the group. There have also been multiple people who have come out and expressed similar concerns that they were asked for unrelated personal and private information by BH.

It’s great that there’s a poll you can reference now, but that doesn’t make what I stayed any less true. That poll even if the user base was approximately 500 at the time represents 50% of the group. I did just ping a friend to look at the poll and it can still be modified by existing users, so it’s hardly a representation of the group’s opinion at that point in time as data can still be inputted.

As for my Cobalt posit and ban comment, feel free to believe it or not. Whether you do or not does not change that it happened.

But hey.. we live in a time of alternative truths. 🤞🏻

Personally, I am glad that FT has an Ambassador Elite thread because we can posit the same questions and concerns under a username and have at least a semblance of privacy from Marriott.

Cheers 🤙🏻.
UA-NYC likes this.

Last edited by anteater; May 15, 2021 at 5:03 pm
Old May 15, 2021, 6:29 pm
SPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Lifetime Titanium, Delta Plat, Hilton Diamond , Hyatt Globalist
I can’t speak to what is in the group currently or what has occurred since I left, but there was significant (majority) of users expressing concern at adding a Marriott employee to the group. There have also been multiple people who have come out and expressed similar concerns that they were asked for unrelated personal and private information by BH.

It’s great that there’s a poll you can reference now, but that doesn’t make what I stayed any less true. That poll even if the user base was approximately 500 at the time represents 50% of the group. I did just ping a friend to look at the poll and it can still be modified by existing users, so it’s hardly a representation of the group’s opinion at that point in time as data can still be inputted.

As for my Cobalt posit and ban comment, feel free to believe it or not. Whether you do or not does not change that it happened.

But hey.. we live in a time of alternative truths. 🤞🏻

Personally, I am glad that FT has an Ambassador Elite thread because we can posit the same questions and concerns under a username and have at least a semblance of privacy from Marriott.

Cheers 🤙🏻.
The poll was in November 2019- back when the group was young.

I was one of the OGs here on FT- but after William and Bill left I found the FB group to be way more valuable. It turns out that people use anonymity to hide many things. Lol

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.