Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy ‘Ambassador Elite’ Experiences Discussion Thread (2021 / 22 / 23 -)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 13, 2021, 1:23 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
Previous years discussions can be found in the Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador elite level experiences 2020 and earlier thread.

Ambassador Service general email address: [email protected]

Ambassador Service general phone line (USA): (866) 924-9885

Europe: +353-21-4861 222
USA: +1-866-924-9885
Asia : +86-20-38157156

Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy ‘Ambassador Elite’ Experiences Discussion Thread (2021 / 22 / 23 -)

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2021, 6:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by goodeats21
So, another very disappointing interaction with the Ambassador call center. Details below, but bottom line is different agents are giving different info, and promised follow up phone call / resolution never happened.
Just tried calling again. After the automated greeting and the usual survey prompt, it transfers to an open line, no agent ever comes on. So now sent an email asking for someone to call me.

You just can't make this up.

Never received a phone call as I requested. So now checking my email this morning - Marriott's incompetent Ambassador service replied to my email asking them to call me....to ask if I still wanted them to call me.

This gets worse with every interaction. They really just don't care.
Old May 10, 2021, 6:42 am

Programs: United 1k, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Ambassador and LT-Gold
I spent 70 nights in a single CY so far this year - when I emailed the properly manager about a few questions regarding my upcoming reservations for another 24 nights this month alone (have not made plans past this month yet), after about 3 days of no response, she said she would get back to me - when she finally did, she said that she would need to look into my questions (very simple things) and get back - that 2 weeks weeks ago and no response.....

I moved my reservations to a Hilton.....

-m
SPN Lifer, Tanic and Kacee like this.
Old May 10, 2021, 7:12 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)

Never received a phone call as I requested. So now checking my email this morning - Marriott's incompetent Ambassador service replied to my email asking them to call me....to ask if I still wanted them to call me.

It was people reporting interactions like this that convinced me not to bother pushing spend to Marriott to go from Titanium to AMB. It just doesn't seem to be a service that's worth much at all. Most of this thread has Ambassador's saying similar things. Crazy really.

Hyatt's Globalist concierge service isn't perfect -from my limited use of it so far- but they're friendly, respond immediately and do seem to have some sway at the properties when it comes to organising upgrades, etc.
UA-NYC likes this.
Old May 10, 2021, 7:29 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Well what do you expect for only $14,000
Old May 13, 2021, 11:57 pm

Location: Manhattan, Palm Beach Island, San Francisco, Boston, & Hong Kong
Programs: Lifetime United Global Services, Delta Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador, & Hilton Diamond
Perhaps a silly question but does level of spend past the $14K threshold influence quality? I realize Ambassador is not a huge step up from Titanium but I might as well get the most out of what I’m given.

I have a huge upcoming stay that will put a bunch of EQNs and spend into my account and my family member’s account. I would like to hit Ambassador status on my account first and, once I hit the 14k threshold, put the rest of the stay on his account for lifetime EQNs (and his Ambassador status later). I don’t care about the lifetime EQNs at this point whereas he has 10 years as Platinum but only 200 total lifetime EQNs. However, under this situation, he would have much more spend on his account. Would this impact our experiences?
Old May 14, 2021, 12:06 am

Programs: Yes
Originally Posted by WasKnown
Perhaps a silly question but does level of spend past the $14K threshold influence quality? I realize Ambassador is not a huge step up from Titanium but I might as well get the most out of what I’m given.

I have a huge upcoming stay that will put a bunch of EQNs and spend into my account and my family member’s account. I would like to hit Ambassador status on my account first and, once I hit the 14k threshold, put the rest of the stay on his account for lifetime EQNs (and his Ambassador status later). I don’t care about the lifetime EQNs at this point whereas he has 10 years as Platinum but only 200 total lifetime EQNs. However, under this situation, he would have much more spend on his account. Would this impact our experiences?
No
Old May 14, 2021, 3:19 am

Programs: SQ, QF, UA, CO, DL
Originally Posted by mfirst
I spent 70 nights in a single CY so far this year - when I emailed the properly manager about a few questions regarding my upcoming reservations for another 24 nights this month alone (have not made plans past this month yet), after about 3 days of no response, she said she would get back to me - when she finally did, she said that she would need to look into my questions (very simple things) and get back - that 2 weeks weeks ago and no response.....

I moved my reservations to a Hilton.....

-m
So email them back that yes, you want them to call. Then you will get an email that they received your request and it is being reviewed and they will get back to you within 3 business days.

I really believe that the only metric used by Marriott CS is speed of reply, not accuracy or helpfulness.
SPN Lifer, Kacee and anteater like this.
Old May 14, 2021, 9:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K

If you want to address these service failures, may want to send a quick DM to one of the Lurkers. Would be interesting to see if their inputs into the system help to make a difference for whom ostensibly are Marriott's best customers.

David
Old May 14, 2021, 9:29 am

Originally Posted by DELee
If you want to address these service failures, may want to send a quick DM to one of the Lurkers. Would be interesting to see if their inputs into the system help to make a difference for whom ostensibly are Marriott's best customers.

David
The lurker would reply that Marriott prefers not using phones for contact and to fax the property. 😜
Old May 14, 2021, 9:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by anteater
The lurker would reply that Marriott prefers not using phones for contact and to fax the property. 😜
😜

David
anteater likes this.
Old May 14, 2021, 10:35 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA Platinum, SQ Gold, Marriott Titanium
Pigeons are even better.
​​​​​
anteater likes this.
Old May 14, 2021, 11:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Now, now, it’s not the Lurkers’ fault that Marriott has really bad IT and worse mgmt.

I’m sure they are as frustrated as we are. William was the lucky one. He left!
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old May 14, 2021, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by uanj
So email them back that yes, you want them to call. Then you will get an email that they received your request and it is being reviewed and they will get back to you within 3 business days.

I really believe that the only metric used by Marriott CS is speed of reply, not accuracy or helpfulness.
Pretty accurate.

Originally Posted by DELee

David
I received a survey asking about my experience with how my email was handled. I filled it out and have already been contacted by a "manager" in the ambassador program. She had obviously reviewed CRM, and had some details around the service failure(s) already sussed out. We spoke for about 10 minutes.

She offered some points as a way to apologize for everything, which I appreciate, but even better had identified the agents that failed to provide acceptable service and accurate information and promised they would be trained up.

So, until the next round of Ambassador call center roulette, Peace Out.
Old May 14, 2021, 11:44 am

Originally Posted by margarita girl
Now, now, it’s not the Lurkers’ fault that Marriott has really bad IT and worse mgmt.

I’m sure they are as frustrated as we are. William was the lucky one. He left!
They also ignore direct, public questions when it’s clear Marriott is in violation. 🤞🏻
Old May 14, 2021, 1:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
They also ignore direct, public questions when it’s clear Marriott is in violation. 🤞🏻
Agree, but things are very different from when they were Starwood Lurkers.
SPN Lifer, uanj and anteater like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.