Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy ‘Ambassador Elite’ Experiences Discussion Thread (2021 / 22 / 23 -)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 13, 2021, 1:23 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
Previous years discussions can be found in the Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador elite level experiences 2020 and earlier thread.

Ambassador Service general email address: [email protected]

Ambassador Service general phone line (USA): (866) 924-9885

Europe: +353-21-4861 222
USA: +1-866-924-9885
Asia : +86-20-38157156

Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy ‘Ambassador Elite’ Experiences Discussion Thread (2021 / 22 / 23 -)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2021, 8:58 am

Programs: BAEC Gold; Marriott Ambassador
I reached out to the AMB service email address last week for some help with an issue, took 2 working days (and some chasing) before I got a reply, and even that reply was useless, essentially forwarding the email back to the hotel that I'd stayed at.
anteater likes this.
Old Oct 18, 2021, 12:41 pm
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by kb1992
I have a reservation at JW Cancun for next January. Applied SNA.

In less than 24 hours since I made the reservation, I received this email from AMB service:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello XXX,

We noticed you made a reservation at JW MARRIOTT CANCUN RESORT & SPA - great choice! Can we ask if you are celebrating a special occasion?

The Ambassador team is here to make the planning part easy, so you can spend more time enjoying your stay. Also, if you need any transport, restaurant, or activity suggestions during your stay, we are here to help.

Reply to this email, and an individual Ambassador will be with you every step of the way to help plan something memorable. The more we get to know you, the better we can personalise this and any other upcoming trips!

Have a great trip, and thank you for your loyalty.

The Ambassador Team
---------------------------------------------------------------------

This surprised me because folks here said AMB is nothing special, and often AMB services ignore their emails.

Should I ask if AMB service can contact the JW Cancun and clear my SNA in advance?
This sounds like the same email I get from W Insider (aka concierge) a few days prior to check-in. And similarly, nothing happens when I reply with a request.
Old Oct 18, 2021, 5:59 pm

Location: Manhattan, Palm Beach Island, San Francisco, Boston, & Hong Kong
Programs: Lifetime United Global Services, Delta Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador, & Hilton Diamond
The only email I have ever received from Marriott Ambassador was a blank email formatted with different sections of text... but no content. Some hotels claim to care about the status (ie saying "we are happy to do this for you as you are an Ambassador Elite") but it is hard to actually tell if it matters without a comparison to a Titanium simultaneously checking in.

The upgrade rate in the Ambassador FB group is definitely much higher than the FT Titanium/Amb upgrade rate is FWIW. I don't think that's meaningful evidence given the nature of that group though. IME I haven't even noticed a difference from Platinum and have never even had a Your24 request responded to lol (but I've only made 2).

I wish Marriott would just add a 100% point bonus on paid stays or something. It would cost them very little but at least somewhat differentiate Amb from Titanium.
Old Oct 19, 2021, 12:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry

In less than 24 hours since I made the reservation, I received this email from AMB service:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello XXX,

We noticed you made a reservation at JW MARRIOTT CANCUN RESORT & SPA - great choice! Can we ask if you are celebrating a special occasion?

The Ambassador team is here to make the planning part easy, so you can spend more time enjoying your stay. Also, if you need any transport, restaurant, or activity suggestions during your stay, we are here to help.

Reply to this email, and an individual Ambassador will be with you every step of the way to help plan something memorable. The more we get to know you, the better we can personalise this and any other upcoming trips!

The Ambassador Team

This surprised me because folks here said AMB is nothing special, and often AMB services ignore their emails.

Should I ask if AMB service can contact the JW Cancun and clear my SNA in advance?
As others have advised, this is a common automated email that Marriott sends out. Trying to substitute stupid CRM auto generated emails in place of real, personalized service.
And as evidenced by numerous recent emails, they do nothing to make the planning part easy. They don't reply in a timely manner, need to be nagged to get any type of response, and then typically disappoints with no help whatsoever.

On the plus side, last time I called into the AMB line, I actually got a competent, friendly agent. Go figure.
Old Oct 19, 2021, 5:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United 1K and 1MM, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by goodeats21
As others have advised, this is a common automated email that Marriott sends out. Trying to substitute stupid CRM auto generated emails in place of real, personalized service.
And as evidenced by numerous recent emails, they do nothing to make the planning part easy. They don't reply in a timely manner, need to be nagged to get any type of response, and then typically disappoints with no help whatsoever.

On the plus side, last time I called into the AMB line, I actually got a competent, friendly agent. Go figure.
Originally Posted by WasKnown
The only email I have ever received from Marriott Ambassador was a blank email formatted with different sections of text... but no content. Some hotels claim to care about the status (ie saying "we are happy to do this for you as you are an Ambassador Elite") but it is hard to actually tell if it matters without a comparison to a Titanium simultaneously checking in.

The upgrade rate in the Ambassador FB group is definitely much higher than the FT Titanium/Amb upgrade rate is FWIW. I don't think that's meaningful evidence given the nature of that group though. IME I haven't even noticed a difference from Platinum and have never even had a Your24 request responded to lol (but I've only made 2).

I wish Marriott would just add a 100% point bonus on paid stays or something. It would cost them very little but at least somewhat differentiate Amb from Titanium.
Originally Posted by PTahCha
This sounds like the same email I get from W Insider (aka concierge) a few days prior to check-in. And similarly, nothing happens when I reply with a request.
Originally Posted by Kacee
I've received that email several times. It means nothing. No upgrade, no welcome amenity, no nothing. AMB is the most worthless frequent traveler status I've ever held. DL Silver gets me better recognition.
Originally Posted by anteater
AMB nor the hotel can force SNAs through early. AMB could contact the hotel and ask if they would upgrade you, though.
I replied this to the AMB Service. Let's see if it makes any difference :-)

====================================

Dear Ambassador Service

Thank you for your email noticing my reservation #XXXXXXXX at Cancun JW Marriott.

My wife and I are celebrating our 35th anniversary.

I requested a Suite upgrade using my Suite Night Award. If you could contact JW Cancun to alert them and ask for their full consideration, that would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely

XXXX
Marriott Ambassador Elite
Old Oct 23, 2021, 1:24 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Air Canada 50K, United Silver, Accor Platinum, Others on Rotation
Or not. YMMV.
That's true. I have enjoyed the startled expression and statement of, "Oh! You're an Ambassador!" Recently this was at the Kananaskis Mountain Lodge, Autograph (near Banff, Alberta, Canada).

It is true that other properties have not cared at all.
Kacee likes this.
Old Oct 23, 2021, 1:45 am

Programs: SPG-Plat, Hilton-Diamond, Club Carlson-Silver, Cathay-Diamond, Virgin-Gold

Hello XXX,

The Ambassador Team

Like others have said it's a computer generated email, which personally irritates me and just sums Marriott up. I made a booking recently at St Regis Maldives for my birthday next year, stayed at the property many times and got the same email. There was a time when you had a personal Ambassador they knew when your birthday was and didn't need to ask if it was a special occasion.

​​​​​​The thing that grates (or would if I actually valued Marriott anymore) is on the website it still lists...

Ambassador Service

Your personal point of contact is always at your service for every stay.

its a joke obviously, the trick is to realise it quickly and adapt as Marriott does have some great properties which will look after you really well, but generally that's down to the properties and not a lot to do with Marriott.
Kacee and WasKnown like this.
Old Oct 23, 2021, 12:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United 1K and 1MM, Marriott Ambassador
Arrow Response from AMB Service

I replied this to the AMB Service. Let's see if it makes any difference :-)

====================================
Dear Ambassador Service

Thank you for your email noticing my reservation #XXXXXXXX at Cancun JW Marriott.

My wife and I are celebrating our 35th anniversary.

I requested a Suite upgrade using my Suite Night Award. If you could contact JW Cancun to alert them and ask for their full consideration, that would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely

XXXX
Marriott Ambassador Elite
Originally Posted by UKTraveller4Fun
Like others have said it's a computer generated email, which personally irritates me and just sums Marriott up. I made a booking recently at St Regis Maldives for my birthday next year, stayed at the property many times and got the same email. There was a time when you had a personal Ambassador they knew when your birthday was and didn't need to ask if it was a special occasion.

​​​​​​The thing that grates (or would if I actually valued Marriott anymore) is on the website it still lists...

Ambassador Service

Your personal point of contact is always at your service for every stay.

its a joke obviously, the trick is to realise it quickly and adapt as Marriott does have some great properties which will look after you really well, but generally that's down to the properties and not a lot to do with Marriott.
Originally Posted by goodeats21

Originally Posted by WasKnown

Originally Posted by PTahCha
I've received that email several times. It means nothing. No upgrade, no welcome amenity, no nothing. AMB is the most worthless frequent traveler status I've ever held. DL Silver gets me better recognition.
Originally Posted by anteater
AMB nor the hotel can force SNAs through early. AMB could contact the hotel and ask if they would upgrade you, though.
I have received the following email from AMB Service this morning. Contrarily to the experience from other fellow AMBs, I am pleasantly surprised by this personalized email and recognition from Marriott.

============================================

Dear Mr. XXX,

Thank you for your email. I hope you are well.

My name is XXX from the Ambassador service team and it is my pleasure to assist you.

Congratulations on your upcoming 35. Anniversary!

As per your kind request, I contacted my colleagues at the JW Marriott Cancun Resort & Spa and informed about your special occasion and asked to provide a recognition.

The Suite Night Awards are attached with a status Pending. As this is fully automatic process the system will start checking for the available upgrades 5 days before arrival and you will receive an update directly via email.

I am sure my colleagues at the hotel will do their best to offer you a memorable experience.

Should you need any further assistance, we remain at your disposal.

Wishing you a wonderful celebration in Mexico.

Best regards,

XXXX
Ambassador Service
Ambassador.Service@Marriott.com
================================================
SPN Lifer and margarita girl like this.
Old Oct 23, 2021, 2:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
I have received the following email from AMB Service this morning. Contrarily to the experience from other fellow AMBs, I am pleasantly surprised by this personalized email and recognition from Marriott.

Dear Mr. XXX,

My name is XXX from the Ambassador service team and it is my pleasure to assist you.

As per your kind request, I contacted my colleagues at the JW Marriott Cancun Resort & Spa and informed about your special occasion and asked to provide a recognition.

The Suite Night Awards are attached with a status Pending. As this is fully automatic process the system will start checking for the available upgrades 5 days before arrival and you will receive an update directly via email.

I am sure my colleagues at the hotel will do their best to offer you a memorable experience.

Best regards,

XXXX
Ambassador Service
I'm glad for you that they responded in this way. Certainly hope you have a great anniversary trip.

The cynic in me wonders if they weren't alerted by the lurkers here to make sure it was handled in a positive way...
Old Oct 23, 2021, 11:50 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Hope I'm wrong, but my read is, they've committed to absolutely nothing, except that the SNA process will run per the published t&c.

At least you didn't get the dread, "upgrades are subject to availability and never guaranteed" lecture. That's what I was told last time I mentioned "upgrade" to the so-called Ambassador Service.
anteater and deathwatch like this.
Old Oct 23, 2021, 11:58 pm

Programs: Bonvoy ambassador - lifetime plat / Hilton diamond / hyatt globalist / AA CK baby!
has anyone else noticed that even after more than qualifying for ambassador next year, it still shows that your status is valid through only through 2022?
Old Oct 24, 2021, 1:48 am

Programs: SPG-Plat, Hilton-Diamond, Club Carlson-Silver, Cathay-Diamond, Virgin-Gold

Dear Mr. XXX,

Best regards,

XXXX
Ambassador Service
To me that doesn't look all that personal, more like several preformed paragraphs assembled together in response to the appropriate requests. I am sure an Ambassador did indeed send an email to the hotel informing them of the special occasion and it will be down to the hotel how they respond to that. In regards the SNA's they have done nothing, which is fair as they don't have any control in it. Equally it is certainly not a fully automated system, hotel revenue and room management decide what is released and which SNA's get approved these days.

There is nothing wrong with the response, to me it really does not seem that personal and it would be nice if Marriott comes clean about what the Ambassador service is going forwards rather than still advertising one thing and using Covid as a excuse for offering something else. Certainly if qualification goes back to normal next year they surely must adjust either what they advertise or what they offer!
Kacee and deathwatch like this.
Old Oct 24, 2021, 5:31 am

Programs: Marriott AMB, Skywards Gold
To me that doesn't look all that personal, more like several preformed paragraphs assembled together in response to the appropriate requests. I am sure an Ambassador did indeed send an email to the hotel informing them of the special occasion and it will be down to the hotel how they respond to that.

I agree with this statement. Hence why I'm not too bothered in terms of achieving Ambassador anymore. 10 years ago when it was under the secret trial period which I was part of, the Ambassadors really go over and beyond for the requests. I received the highest category suites then at wonderful hotels such as the Gritti Palace. With so many in the pool now, I understand Marriott's approach with this tier. However, I would honestly take an additional 5 SNA's over the Ambassador service.
Old Oct 24, 2021, 5:55 am

Originally Posted by LovetoTravel83
I agree with this statement. Hence why I'm not too bothered in terms of achieving Ambassador anymore. 10 years ago when it was under the secret trial period which I was part of, the Ambassadors really go over and beyond for the requests. I received the highest category suites then at wonderful hotels such as the Gritti Palace. With so many in the pool now, I understand Marriott's approach with this tier. However, I would honestly take an additional 5 SNA's over the Ambassador service.
I had very much the same experience and to be fair even when it was SPG, once it went to a set qualification and 'official' it wasn't the same. Marriott have just devalued and diluted it even more.
To me its the service and confidence that you could turn up to a hotel you have never stayed in and have a good solid stay that I miss the most and if there was an issue they had your back and would help, whereas now Marriott has the hotels back and getting even simple things can be a battle.
supatight80 likes this.
Old Oct 24, 2021, 7:11 am

Programs: Marriott AMB, Skywards Gold
I had very much the same experience and to be fair even when it was SPG, once it went to a set qualification and 'official' it wasn't the same. Marriott have just devalued and diluted it even more.
To me its the service and confidence that you could turn up to a hotel you have never stayed in and have a good solid stay that I miss the most and if there was an issue they had your back and would help, whereas now Marriott has the hotels back and getting even simple things can be a battle.
FWIW, I wasn't even platinum when the Ambassador showed up 10 or so years ago. I think what triggered it was a stay I had in the Maldives. I don't think they focus like that anymore.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.