Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Announces Goodwill Elite Qualification for 2021

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 11, 2021, 12:26 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: DELee
On 1/11/2021, Marriott announced its elite qualification for 2021.

For 2020 Elite status earners: To help you get to the next Elite level faster, we will deposit 50% of the required Elite Night Credits for your 2020 Elite status into your account by February 5, 2021. We have also reduced the required spend for Ambassador Elite to $14K annual qualifying spend in 2021 only. In 2022, the spend requirement will return to $20K annually.

Marriott Bonvoy™ Members who earned Elite Status in 2020 will receive a onetime deposit of 50% of their tier's annual Elite Night Credit requirement, e.g. those Members who achieved Platinum Elite status in 2020 would receive 25 Elite Night Credits in their Account in February 2021.

Since Members already received an extension of their earned 2019 Elite Status through February 1, 2022, the Elite Night Credit deposit helps Members reach the next tier faster.

In addition, these Elite Night Credits will count towards achieving the 2021 Annual Choice Benefit, as well as achieving Lifetime Elite Status. 50% Elite Night Credits deposit and remaining 2021 Requirements needed to achieve the next tier's Status are based on the 2020 earned Status tier as follows:

Ambassador Elite will receive 50 Elite Night Credits and will need an additional 50 Elite Night Credits and US$14,000 in Qualifying spend in 2021 to re-achieve Ambassador Status

Titanium Elite will receive 38 Elite Night Credits and will need an additional 62 Elite Night Credits and US$14,000 in Qualifying Stay Spend in 2021 to achieve Ambassador Elite

Platinum Elite will receive 25 Elite Night Credits and will need an additional 50 Elite Night Credits in 2021 to achieve Titanium Elite

Gold Elite will receive 13 Elite Night Credits and will need an additional 37 Elite Night Credits in 2021 to achieve Platinum Elite

Silver Elite will receive 5 Elite Night Credits and will need an additional 20 Elite Night Credits in 2021 to achieve Gold Elite

Member tier will not receive Elite Night Credits and will need a total of 10 Elite Night Credits in 2021 to achieve Silver Elite

Example:
A Member who earned Gold Elite Status in 2019 already received an extension of the Gold Elite Status to February 1, 2022. To achieve the next tier up of Platinum Elite in 2021 to enjoy through February 2023, the Member will need to achieve a total of 50 Elite Night Credits by December 31, 2021. This Gold Elite Member will receive 13 Elite Night Credits (50% of the 25 normally needed to requalify for Gold), which means the Member will only need 37 Elite Night Credits to achieve Platinum Elite this year.

Complete FAQs:
Bonvoy Members & COVID-19? (marriott.com)

Annual Choice Benefit Selection:
https://choice-benefit.marriott.com/...arriott-bonvoy

Print Wikipost

Marriott Announces Goodwill Elite Qualification for 2021

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2021, 4:58 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LTT; IHG DiamondAmb; WoH Globalist; UA1K2MM; NationalEE; AvisPC; HertzPC
So does it mean a LT Titanium will get 38 nights deposited in Feb even if I spent 0 night at a hotel in 2020? Or is it only 50% of the "earned" status in 2020?
Old Jan 11, 2021, 5:07 pm

Originally Posted by kennycrudup
... and as I've been seeing (many of the same) people complaining about this for 2.5 years now, as a LT who has many stays (even last year) and extremely few issues (and none uncorrectable by CS) I wish you guys really meant when you constantly threaten to leave 😐

Why put yourself thru all that?!
some people can’t let go... and should just rip the pain away by renouncing their annual or lifetime elite status and be done with... (highly unlikely though)
Old Jan 11, 2021, 5:07 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by kennycrudup
... and as I've been seeing (many of the same) people complaining about this for 2.5 years now, as a LT who has many stays (even last year) and extremely few issues (and none uncorrectable by CS) I wish you guys really meant when you constantly threaten to leave 😐

Why put yourself thru all that?!
I did leave as a paying customer basically since a few months after integration. I have had to blow through a lot of points & have a couple hundred nights since integration.

In 2020, by March I had ~50 paid nights where no Hyatt existed, however, as I got stuck out of country where I live because of Covid and stayed in properties

I had to deal w mgt directly to book most of those because CS and IT issues screwed everything up when I tried to use points. I planned to use points but mgt (former SPG) gave a great rate for all the problems and I accepted.

But yes, I have not paid much since a few months after integration. But I still have a lot of points left.

As a lifetime Titanium. Oh yes, I'm now a Hyatt Globalist. I hadn't stayed in a Hyatt in 10 yrs aside from 1-2 times until Marriott CS and It issues. So yes, I'm talking w my money and all of my companies.
UA-NYC likes this.

Last edited by SHLTP; Jan 11, 2021 at 9:09 pm
Old Jan 11, 2021, 5:12 pm

Programs: None - previously UA
Originally Posted by ktjan
So does it mean a LT Titanium will get 38 nights deposited in Feb even if I spent 0 night at a hotel in 2020? Or is it only 50% of the "earned" status in 2020?
38 nights.
Old Jan 11, 2021, 5:18 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Further, 1 thing Marriott is very fair on is the ease at earning points. Better than Hyatt actually. Some ask how do I have so many Marriott points still.

For my ~50 nights they were almost all at Luxury Collections and JW Marriotts (on property the service remains excellent BTW. I have had very few problems on property. The frustration is with CS and IT).

We were a large group. I paid for everyone. Most breakfasts and dinners at hotel. Aside from my room which is Titanium, I paid full buffet for everyone.

The points earning off F&B is high. Thus, I still have a ton of points.
Old Jan 11, 2021, 5:19 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, BAEC Silver, TK Miles & Smiles Elite
Good. Works for me. Now just 25 organic nights (of which 9 must be in 2021) and I have LTP.

At worst, 5 of those can be the award at 50 nights this year and I have 2 free night awards in my account to use before end 2021 so only 18 paid-for nights required. Or 9 paid-for nights during the upcoming double EQN promo period.

It's done. And, breath.
Old Jan 11, 2021, 5:30 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles
For those of us with 2 Credit Cards (personal and business) who are platinum, we start the year with 55 nights. It makes Titanium a much more compelling status goal.

On the other hand, it also might mean more people who are platinum shift work on building Explorist or Globalist status with Hyatt this year, knowing they don't have to worry about earning status next year with Marriott. Double edged sword!
innerspace likes this.
Old Jan 11, 2021, 5:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Does anyone here know if Marriott's double EQN offer will count towards lifetime status?
Old Jan 11, 2021, 6:12 pm

Programs: None - previously UA
Originally Posted by lsquare
Does anyone here know if Marriott's double EQN offer will count towards lifetime status?
In the past all bonus nights have always counted so one would assume that they will.
SPN Lifer, lsquare and ryw like this.
Old Jan 11, 2021, 6:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Repooc17
This thread proves short of Marriott sending cash to its members, nothing will be good enough. Even cash might not be sufficient.
Originally Posted by SHLTP
It's great Marriott is making these moves but after months of being told Titaniums can't have have a free breakfast but can buy one in many properties or having CS screw up vacations, well yeah there's a lot of disgruntled members to put it mildly.

Cash. Points. Don't matter to many of us. Being treated with respect does.
We've been Bonv°yed!

Old Jan 11, 2021, 6:30 pm
kkl

Originally Posted by justned
ENC needs at least one paid night, so get creative and do 1 paid night and points redemption for the rest of your stay.
more info please? never knew that to be possible
DallasEsq likes this.
Old Jan 11, 2021, 6:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by kkl
more info please? never knew that to be possible
the Q&A suggests that. However, the Q&A is unclear whether say 5 award + 1 paid will earn 7 or 12 nights ... so that needs clarification.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Jan 11, 2021, 7:01 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium and Lifetime Gold. AC 35K *S, UA *S
Just want to make sure I’m getting it right.

I’m currently platinum and an AmEx card holder. With the few stays I have completed already, plus the credit card nights and the double nights promo coming up, I should hit 75 by April. This means I would be Titanium for the rest of 2021 and all of 2022, right?

thanks!
Old Jan 11, 2021, 7:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by djopel00
I should hit 75 by April. This means I would be Titanium for the rest of 2021 and all of 2022, right?
Correct. As usual.

Bonv°y!
Old Jan 11, 2021, 7:15 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles
Yes, you would be Titanium for 2021 and 2022. However, you would only receive one qualifying year.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.