Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

2019 Q4 Global Promo : 'Unlock More' (29 Oct 19 - 14 Jan 20)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 15, 2019, 2:05 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Official Announcement:

Unlock a world of possibilities with our new global promotion, Marriott Bonvoy™ Unlock More. Get 2,000 bonus points after two stays* — then you’ll unlock an additional offer for even more bonus points.

Register by December 31 to earn on stays at any of our participating hotels worldwide between October 29, 2019, and January 14, 2020. Make sure to book at marriott.com or with the Marriott Bonvoy App to earn with Unlock More and get the best rates.
Get ready to earn more from your travels and use your bonus points for free nights, flights, exclusive experiences and so much more.

Register now

*A “stay” is defined as consecutive nights spent at the same hotel, regardless of check-in/checkout activity on any points-eligible rate (“Qualifying Rate”).

Secondary Offers (Q4 2019):

2,000 bonus points after 4 additional stays.* Then keep earning 2,000 bonus points every 2 stays through Jan 14, 2020
4,000 bonus points after 2 additional stays
5,000 bonus points after 1 additional stay
6,000 bonus points after 3 additional stays
8,000 bonus points after 4 additional stays
10,000 bonus points after 1 additional stay
12,000 bonus points after 5 additional stays
15,000 bonus points after 6 additional stays
20,000 bonus points after 1 additional stay

Secondary Offers (all offers):

Print Wikipost

2019 Q4 Global Promo : 'Unlock More' (29 Oct 19 - 14 Jan 20)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21, 2019, 1:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Kind of crazy that I just made Diamond with HH last week and 0 paid Marriott nights this year. With 4 weeks of travels left this year, 2 out of the 4 had to be in Marriott hotels due to availability. Oh well.
Old Oct 21, 2019, 2:13 am

Programs: SPG LTP, HH D
Can the Quarterly Promos (such as this) be combined with rates such as Marriott Bonvoy Elite Exclusive Offers? The reason I'm asking is that the T&C for the Elite Exclusive Offer currently offering bonus 2000 points per night says that the Elite Exclusive Offer "Cannot be combined with any other promotions".
Old Oct 21, 2019, 5:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by Gigantor
Does a 1-nite stay with check-in on January 14, 2020 qualify for the promotion?
No it won’t. Your stay would need to include the night of the 13th. (SPG always used to have a nice FAQ for these types of questions with all their promos. Marriott chooses not to,)
Old Oct 21, 2019, 8:00 am

Programs: M&M (LX/LH) Silver, Marriott Platinum, Accor Silver, AF/KL Silver, Swiss Railway
Originally Posted by margarita girl
No it won’t. Your stay would need to include the night of the 13th. (SPG always used to have a nice FAQ for these types of questions with all their promos. Marriott chooses not to,)

Can the Marriott Lurker confirm this?
Old Oct 21, 2019, 8:20 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Amex AeroPlat
So I happen to have two nights back to back on Nov2-4 (two different hotels) for a work event. Original booking was two nights at a Sheraton, but I changed 2nd night to a Fairfield. Will see the “additional offer” soon enough.
Old Oct 21, 2019, 9:23 am

Programs: DL 2 MM Unobtainum | UA 1.1MM Gold | MR Bonvoy Titanium
The promotion earning period is for stays between October 29, 2019, and January 14, 2020, at participating Marriott Bonvoy properties

Does this mean that my stay for October 27-29th would count as the first stay considering the check out date is on the 29th?
Old Oct 21, 2019, 10:07 am

Originally Posted by Intl359Widget

Does this mean that my stay for October 27-29th would count as the first stay considering the check out date is on the 29th?
No. A stay is defined as (one or) consecutive nights spent at a hotel. Your checking out on 29th means you don’t have a night, therefore, no stay, between Oct 29- Jan. 14.
Old Oct 21, 2019, 10:09 am

Originally Posted by Gigantor

Can the Marriott Lurker confirm this?
No need for lurker. A stay is defined as (one or) consecutive nights spent at a hotel. If you night at hotel isn’t between October 29- Jan 14, then no stay. Between means last eligible night should be Jan. 13
Old Oct 22, 2019, 4:51 pm

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Diamond, Accor Gold, Hyatt Explorist,, Delta Plat,
I'll add my voice to those who are disappointed. There's nothing in this promo to make me switch my behavior. 2000 points after 2 stays? A joke. Then having to wait 3-14 days to be able to have any other stays count toward the next promo. A promo which may be just as horrible as the first. Yeah, no.

I've requalified for Titanium so other than hotels that treat me particularly well/I am a regular at, I'll continue focusing on Hilton.
Old Oct 22, 2019, 5:20 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
A better name for this "promotion”: Unlock more stays for other chains
sdsearch, UA-NYC and Kacee like this.
Old Oct 22, 2019, 5:56 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by yorkboy24
A better name for this "promotion”: Unlock more stays for other chains
So far I've moved 9 nights to Hyatt for double points. As a (small) bonus, I should qualify for Explorist in mid-November.

Hilton's only gotten one night, but it was really high spend.
Old Oct 22, 2019, 6:11 pm

I'm off to Vegas for a week on Saturday........go there 3-4 times a year strictly personal leisure spend. Have ALWAYS stayed at the Westin ( stayed once at the SLS and actually liked it for the price point and then they were gone!) - stayed at the 4 points once and OMG what a gong show that was!...So Westin was my hotel of choice - not the best for sure but definitely convenient etc., With the $32.00 / night amenity fee and now charging for parking I just cancelled my week and am using my comped nights at a Caesars property. I would usually hate the fact of doing that - want my stays! want my points! want to be loyal! yada yada yada.....I actually feel good about doing it! Unbelievable how many times I paid to stay at the Westin when I had free nights at other properties.
Marriott is sure making it easy to make other choices......anyway so long Westin Las Vegas and most other Marriott properties as their price point is not good nor most importantly is their convenience.
I still can't get over the merger! I know I definitely need to get over it but WOW do I miss SPG.
margarita girl likes this.
Old Oct 22, 2019, 6:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by darthbimmer
My next two stays after Oct 29 will entail about $1200 spend. With Hilton's straightforward 3x promo I'll earn 24k bonus points. With Marriott I'd earn 2k. 'Nuff said?
Amen. I moved some super high spent stays to Hilton as well. It is an insane difference ...
Old Oct 22, 2019, 8:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Cut a 3 night JW stay down to 2, since I was already at 48 Marriott nights, and moved the other night over to Hyatt to get the double points + no benefit of the added Marriott night
Old Oct 22, 2019, 9:11 pm

Programs: HertzPresCircle, Virgin Atlantic Gold,Hil-Diam, Europcar Elite Vip, Emirates Gold, MarriottTitanium.
Originally Posted by Bravada04
I'm off to Vegas for a week on Saturday........go there 3-4 times a year strictly personal leisure spend. Have ALWAYS stayed at the Westin ( stayed once at the SLS and actually liked it for the price point and then they were gone!) - stayed at the 4 points once and OMG what a gong show that was!...So Westin was my hotel of choice - not the best for sure but definitely convenient etc., With the $32.00 / night amenity fee and now charging for parking I just cancelled my week and am using my comped nights at a Caesars property. I would usually hate the fact of doing that - want my stays! want my points! want to be loyal! yada yada yada.....I actually feel good about doing it! Unbelievable how many times I paid to stay at the Westin when I had free nights at other properties.
Marriott is sure making it easy to make other choices......anyway so long Westin Las Vegas and most other Marriott properties as their price point is not good nor most importantly is their convenience.
I still can't get over the merger! I know I definitely need to get over it but WOW do I miss SPG.
just in case your not aware: if your not diamond at ceasars make sure to status match to it with marriot>wyndham>ceasars. You become diamond then so free valet, no resort fees and 100$ free dinner. And no lines anywhere at ceasars properties cause you can use the special lines.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.