Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Travel Packages [** Discontinued Jan 19, 2022 **]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 3, 2019, 10:48 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
FAQ from Jan 19/22 email from Marriott:

Can I Still Order Travel Package Awards?

Information on Marriott Bonvoy Travel Packages
No. Due to varying factors such as low volume in demand, we are no longer selling Travel Package Awards as of January 19, 2022.

Q: What happens to the Travel Package Award I already have in my Account?

If you have a Travel Package Award attached to an existing Reservation, rest assured, we will be honoring your stay and no additional action is required.

Please Note:
The airline miles portion of the Travel Package Award was deposited to you at the time of purchase of the Travel Package Award and, therefore, will not be refunded.

Q: What happens if I need to modify or cancel my Travel Package Award redemption Reservation after March 2, 2022?

If you modify or cancel a Redemption Reservation that has a Travel Package Award attached to it after March 2, 2022, you must contact Member Support to cancel the Travel Package Award, after which you will receive a full Marriott Bonvoy Point refund for the Hotel portion of the Award. Please visit https://www.marriott.com/help/loyalt...mer-support.mi to find the appropriate Member Support phone number based on your geographic location.

Q: How many Points will I be refunded?

Members will receive a full Marriott Bonvoy Points refund for the Hotel portion of the Travel Package Award. The refund will be based on the current Points redemption category levels and will equal the sum of the Peak Points Redemption Rate per each Night of the Travel Package Award, at the highest category for which the Award was eligible. The airline miles portion of the Travel Package Award was deposited to you at the time of purchase of the Travel Package Award and, therefore, will not be refunded.

Print Wikipost

Marriott Travel Packages [** Discontinued Jan 19, 2022 **]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2022, 5:29 am

Programs: OZ Diamond Plus, Marriott Gold
Did you happen to get a response yet?
pazza2000 likes this.
Old Jan 24, 2022, 6:37 am

Originally Posted by SightseeMC
From what query?
Old Jan 24, 2022, 7:39 am

Programs: MB-LTT , HH-Diam., HGP-Expl.
I just wanted to thank social media representatives, Christina and Carrie, for their help after an agent cancelled my Travel Certificate instead of detaching it.
Old Jan 24, 2022, 12:50 pm

Originally Posted by SightseeMC
Originally Posted by pazza2000
From what query?
i assume from below comment. did you get a response?

Originally Posted by Marriott Bonvoy Lurker
Hello pazza2000, I would need to look at the Travel Package Award in your account to check on the number of points you would receive. Please share by private message, your full name, Bonvoy account number, a recent past stay posted to your account, and your email for account security. Thank you.
Old Jan 24, 2022, 1:05 pm

Originally Posted by GundamWing01
i assume from below comment. did you get a response?
Not yet no
SightseeMC likes this.
Old Jan 24, 2022, 4:36 pm
kkl

Originally Posted by rny321
I just wanted to thank social media representatives, Christina and Carrie, for their help after an agent cancelled my Travel Certificate instead of detaching it.
Did you get an extended expiry date?
Old Jan 24, 2022, 5:38 pm

Programs: MB-LTT , HH-Diam., HGP-Expl.
Originally Posted by kkl
Did you get an extended expiry date?
Since my certificate would have been refunded on or about March 1 if it hadn't been accidentally cancelled by Marriott, I suggested that it might be easier to adjust the points balance to offset the difference between what I received on January 19 and what I would have been entitled to in a few weeks than it would be to reissue a new certificate.

"If" what I was told by one rep is correct, it is no longer possible to reissue travel certificates.
Happy likes this.
Old Jan 24, 2022, 9:48 pm

Originally Posted by pazza2000
Not yet no
please keep us posted. thank you.
pazza2000 and SightseeMC like this.
Old Jan 25, 2022, 7:40 am

I have the same issue and just outreached the lurker again. they were supposed to detach the certificate and put it back in my account, instead they did a partial refund which is specifically what I said I didn't want them to do. Hoping to get this resolved asap as I'll have to put the 7 night reservation back if I need to.
Old Jan 25, 2022, 5:13 pm

I have the same issue, instead of detach, the rep cancelled my certificate, now I have to wait to see what can they do to reinstate, I need to attach to another reservation
Old Jan 26, 2022, 3:33 am

I woke up this morning and mine was fixed. Message the lurker here or the bonvoy group on FB via messenger. I wasted 3 hours on the phone yesterday trying to resolve this but whatever they did worked.
Old Jan 26, 2022, 12:09 pm

Programs: US Airways Chairman, MR LTT
Mine is still not fixed
Old Jan 26, 2022, 8:12 pm

Mine is not fixed also
Old Jan 26, 2022, 8:13 pm

I messaged the FB rep, not helping at all. I will try Luke
Old Jan 30, 2022, 5:08 pm

Originally Posted by GundamWing01
please keep us posted. thank you.
Received a response, confirmed whats been advised thus far, 7 x peak nightly rate per category held, so 7 x 40k (280k) for a Cat 5 cert. A first world gripe... I have a few Cat 5 certs, one of which should have been another Cat 6 cert. however it was messed up at Marriotts end long ago, I did receive 40k or 60k back from Marriott Bonvoy in the end however I would have stood to receive 140k back if it was corrected at the time with the difference now between a Cat 5 and Cat 6 peak cert. (280k vs 420k)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.