Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Travel Packages [** Discontinued Jan 19, 2022 **]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 3, 2019, 10:48 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
FAQ from Jan 19/22 email from Marriott:

Can I Still Order Travel Package Awards?

Information on Marriott Bonvoy® Travel Packages
No. Due to varying factors such as low volume in demand, we are no longer selling Travel Package Awards as of January 19, 2022.

Q: What happens to the Travel Package Award I already have in my Account?

If you have a Travel Package Award attached to an existing Reservation, rest assured, we will be honoring your stay and no additional action is required.

Please Note:
The airline miles portion of the Travel Package Award was deposited to you at the time of purchase of the Travel Package Award and, therefore, will not be refunded.

Q: What happens if I need to modify or cancel my Travel Package Award redemption Reservation after March 2, 2022?

If you modify or cancel a Redemption Reservation that has a Travel Package Award attached to it after March 2, 2022, you must contact Member Support to cancel the Travel Package Award, after which you will receive a full Marriott Bonvoy® Point refund for the Hotel portion of the Award. Please visit https://www.marriott.com/help/loyalt...mer-support.mi to find the appropriate Member Support phone number based on your geographic location.

Q: How many Points will I be refunded?

Members will receive a full Marriott Bonvoy® Points refund for the Hotel portion of the Travel Package Award. The refund will be based on the current Points redemption category levels and will equal the sum of the Peak Points Redemption Rate per each Night of the Travel Package Award, at the highest category for which the Award was eligible. The airline miles portion of the Travel Package Award was deposited to you at the time of purchase of the Travel Package Award and, therefore, will not be refunded.

Print Wikipost

Marriott Travel Packages [** Discontinued Jan 19, 2022 **]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2022, 8:21 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by YoungBubbie
So, I’m confused.

Are we getting the points put into our accounts like we were told, or is this just a new certificate?
If it's a new certificate, I appear to be unable to use them online for award stays.
Old Mar 3, 2022, 8:36 am

Yeh this would be a massive deviation, and contradictory to what had been offered and confirmed. Perhaps Marriott Bonvoy Lurker could clarify.
Old Mar 3, 2022, 8:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
So, I’m confused.

Are we getting the points put into our accounts like we were told, or is this just a new certificate?
It was pure speculation on GUWonder’s part. No one from Marriott has said we aren’t getting the points.
Old Mar 3, 2022, 9:19 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by margarita girl
It was pure speculation on GUWonder’s part. No one from Marriott has said we aren’t getting the points.
I wasn't speculating. I was indicating that I hope Marriott sticks to what they said in a way that doesn't Bonvoy the customers again, and that I don't trust Marriott unless and until the points are deposited in the accounts.

Do Marriott's bank card "one night" certificates in customer accounts say "one night up to XY,000 points"? Those aren't exchangeable into points.
Old Mar 3, 2022, 9:24 am

Hasn't anyone tried to call Marriott and ask them where the points are? If they were supposed to be credited by 1st March, there must an explanation from Marriott's end as to why they haven't been credited yet..

Probably they don't want Travel Package holders to exploit those points and make bookings before the new redemption rates kick in..
Old Mar 3, 2022, 9:32 am

Have a little patience, people. They're working on it.
margarita girl and senyah like this.
Old Mar 3, 2022, 9:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by Nitin Moryani
Hasn't anyone tried to call Marriott and ask them where the points are? If they were supposed to be credited by 1st March, there must an explanation from Marriott's end as to why they haven't been credited yet..

Probably they don't want Travel Package holders to exploit those points and make bookings before the new redemption rates kick in..
I don’t remember seeing any confirmation of this March 1 date. The only email I got from Marriott said certs had to be redeemed by Feb 28 (see post # 1453). Can someone find the reference to the March 1 deadline? I’m not saying it doesn’t exist, I just can’t find it.

Edit: I found it in the FAQs.

After February 28, 2022, if a Travel Package Award is not attached to a Reservation, the Travel Package Award will be automatically converted to Marriott Bonvoy® Points on March 1, 2022 which will be deposited into the Member's Marriott Bonvoy® Account.
We all know that Marriott IT is run by hamsters. Let’s give them a few days to get caught up.
imverge and CosmicGirl like this.

Last edited by margarita girl; Mar 3, 2022 at 9:40 am
Old Mar 3, 2022, 9:45 am
Suspended

Has anyone here managed to get any of these partial travel package certificates to be good toward any new bookings made yesterday or today?
Old Mar 3, 2022, 10:16 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Diamond
Really hoping it won't be a new cert, esp expiring 6/30. No way we can find a good use for it at this point in time!! Yeah... I don't feel good about this whatsoever until the points are deposited into my account. I really didn't think this would have been that hard for Marriott to complete, even if done manually. There cannot be THAT many of these certs left.
Old Mar 3, 2022, 10:27 am

I have 1 TP certificate worth 200,000 and 1 CC certificate worth up to 35,000.

Yesterday when I could not access site, I checked the app and my points total increased by over 200,000.
Figured that the certificate was converted.

But was sadly mistaken as within 10 minutes my total went back down.
Old Mar 3, 2022, 10:55 am

I have 1 TP certificate worth 200,000 and 1 CC certificate worth up to 35,000.

Yesterday when I could not access site, I checked the app and my points total increased by over 200,000.
Figured that the certificate was converted.

But was sadly mistaken as within 10 minutes my total went back down.
Haha...maybe you were part of a test run....
Old Mar 3, 2022, 1:03 pm

Programs: HH Silver, MR Plat Prem & LT Plat, Hyatt Plat,SPG Plat, Hertz PC, National EE, UA 1K
Just got an email...."technical difficulties" have stopped the refunding...should be done soon!
Old Mar 3, 2022, 2:04 pm

One of my two certificates is now points. The other one is still the updated title. Praise be!
Cana2013 and YoungBubbie like this.
Old Mar 3, 2022, 2:36 pm

Sounds like it’s just taking a little time! I wonder if there will be a delay with the first stage in the move to dynamic pricing next month….
Old Mar 3, 2022, 2:39 pm

Originally Posted by armadaone
One of my two certificates is now points. The other one is still the updated title. Praise be!
Great to hear!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.