Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy Lurker Update (Starwood/Marriott Bonvoy Lurker Retires)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Bonvoy Lurker Update (Starwood/Marriott Bonvoy Lurker Retires)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2019, 8:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Franny and I had been aware of William's impending retirement for some time now but did not know exactly when the deed was to be done. Imagine our surprise when we just bumped into him in a hotel in Virginia this evening. An hour or so of socializing and going over old times refreshed memories of how much William had meant to FT and to us personally.

All we could do was to lift one with him, catch up about some other old friends, and wish him all the best. We hope that we can arrange to run into him again sooner than later.
Old Aug 16, 2019, 8:12 am

Programs: United Premier 1K 1MM; AA Plat Pro; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Platinum; Avis President's Club
Good luck William! Appreciate your help over the years and your consistent engagement. Wish there was more of it!
Old Aug 16, 2019, 8:22 am

Location: Homosassa, FL & Ringwood, NJ -UA-G(Lifetime); SPG-Plat (Lifetime)
Good luck, William. Sondra and I will always remember all the times you went above and beyond to help us. You were truly the dictionary example of customer service. As like monitor, we would love to meet you again anywhere/anytime.
Old Aug 16, 2019, 12:09 pm
SPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Lifetime Titanium, Delta Plat, Hilton Diamond , Hyatt Globalist
BTW. There may be a few of you who aren’t old enough to get the reference- but here is Pa Kettle on Vacation

Ma & Pa Kettle on Vacation
bhrubin likes this.
Old Aug 16, 2019, 1:07 pm

Good luck William! Thanks for your help over the years.
Old Aug 16, 2019, 3:42 pm

Programs: QF WP, AA EXP
William,

Thank you for everything you have done. You truly set the standard and are a total class act. Glad to see you will continue to participate in our community!
Old Aug 16, 2019, 10:03 pm

Programs: Delta PM
Thanks William. You have set a standard for customer service that will not easily be surpassed.
Old Aug 16, 2019, 10:39 pm

William,
I came into this as a Marriott loyalist and was always envious that the SPG folks had you as a resource. You were more than just a resource, and it showed. You were the human touch that so many companies miss out on today. As others have noted, you were more than that -- you are gentleman. I'm not sure where your future ventures will take you, but I know many of us would follow.

Don't be a stranger -- I think many (if not all?) of us would appreciate your presence in a non-work setting just as much.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Aug 16, 2019, 10:54 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Congratulations on your retirement William. Unlike some of the other posters above, we never met but we didn’t need to because wherever I would be in the world and no matter the time zone, you were there like a family member, willing to help me resolve any issue encountered.

You are a true example of what exemplary service should be and no doubt your efforts helped to shape SPG’s renowned reputation and limited the fallout during the transition to Marriott.

I fear that the William legacy will not live on because he’s simply irreplaceable.

Thanks and all the best! Enjoy your retirement!
Old Aug 17, 2019, 8:18 am

Programs: Alaska Million Mile Flyer, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite
William helped me navigate Starwood at least going back to my original Starwood Preferred Guest Ambassador status when it was still a pilot a decade ago. He's been a valued presence here (and occasionally by private message) ever since.

A class act, and very helpful. Wishing much fulfilling relaxation in retirement, whatever form "retirement' takes.
bsdstone likes this.

Last edited by Seattlenerd; Aug 17, 2019 at 8:33 am
Old Aug 17, 2019, 9:08 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Please wish William the best. We didn't always see eye-to-eye, but he was the best support we could ask for.
SFOTerry likes this.
Old Aug 18, 2019, 1:48 pm

Originally Posted by monitor
Franny and I had been aware of William's impending retirement for some time now but did not know exactly when the deed was to be done. Imagine our surprise when we just bumped into him in a hotel in Virginia this evening. An hour or so of socializing and going over old times refreshed memories of how much William had meant to FT and to us personally.

All we could do was to lift one with him, catch up about some other old friends, and wish him all the best. We hope that we can arrange to run into him again sooner than later.
Let me know if you plan a party for William's retirement- we'd love to join in wishing him well. He's been wonderful for us to have here as part of the community and we'd very much enjoy seeing him in person. We wish him all the best in all he does in the future. Does he have a contact going forward? Thanks!
bsdstone, damon88 and 360guy like this.
Old Aug 18, 2019, 4:34 pm

Programs: UA1K/RCC, Avis CHM, NWA Plat, SPG Plat
Not sure if William is reading these, but thank you for putting up with us, thank you for your help, and good luck
Old Aug 18, 2019, 4:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by dimramon
Not sure if William is reading these, but thank you for putting up with us, thank you for your help, and good luck
Yes he is. See post # 81.
Old Aug 19, 2019, 11:26 am

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
A little bit late to the retirement party, but this is genuinely the end of an era. William has been a fantastic ambassador for SPG and more recently Bonvoy and has been a big help to me on a number of occasions over the years. Also William and the Lurker team were behind one of the most memorable gestures that really touched our family and made us feel part of the SPG family. (4 years on from being a little person with an SPG babygrow and a St Regis bathrobe, our daughter still loves a trip to a hotel. You are partly to blame William!)

From the RAPC family, many happy years of retirement to come William and I hope you get to enjoy many special moments with your family and friends. Thanks for everything!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.