Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy Lurker Update (Starwood/Marriott Bonvoy Lurker Retires)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Bonvoy Lurker Update (Starwood/Marriott Bonvoy Lurker Retires)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2019, 9:40 am

Programs: Starwoods/ Marriott Life Time Platinum, Hilton-Diamond, and HP
Thank You William!

In April 2004, I had a problem with Sheraton and was ready leave, and move my travel to Hilton. I heard about Flyertalk and posted my problem. Willam, resolved the problem and told me to "hang In there". I did, and last year made Lifetime Platinum.
Thank You William!
renila and Pitero like this.
Old Aug 14, 2019, 9:55 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, American Platinum Pro, Hertz Presidents Circle
William,
As a “lurker” on many travel related sites, it has been clear to me you were one of the most influential people helping road warriors like myself. Even though you may not have directly supported those other platforms, others followed your lead and approach. Although you were our lurking “champion” , you also made always it clear you were representing , first Starwood, and now, Marriott. This is probably what influenced others within Starwood and Marriott to provide you the support you needed in order to help us. I echo everyone else on this thread with thanking you for helping us for 20+ years! Bon voyage!Thanks,Scott
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Aug 14, 2019, 12:51 pm

Programs: AA MM, Starwood LTG
All of my best William and congratulations on your retirement!
Old Aug 14, 2019, 1:33 pm

Programs: MB-LTT , HH-Diam., HGP-Expl.
William,

Thank you for all of your help through the years. I especially appreciate all your help with the transition and the time you took to find answers to merger-related questions and the politeness you displayed when similar questions were asked repeatedly. Best wishes for whatever may follow.
Old Aug 14, 2019, 2:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

William...Best wishes for whatever the future holds in store for you. And of course many Thanks for the help you provided to us often-time confused and frustrated FlyerTalkers over the years. Vaya Con Dijos!
Old Aug 14, 2019, 2:45 pm

This is William

Hello, everyone. I would like to thank my former colleagues at Marriott for their glorious send-off and especially everyone who has posted to this thread for their very kind sentiments, memories, and well-wishes. It has been my honor to serve this (and the former Starwood Preferred Guest forum) for the last 19 years. If I was able to add some value to your participation here, then it was certainly my pleasure. I know that the social media team I left behind is totally capable of taking care of you from here on, so feel free to reach out to them when needed.

I will still be participating as a member of the community from time to time using this username, so this not goodbye. In fact, look for the annual College Football Pick'em post in OMNI coming soon! A new season is upon us.

William R. Sanders
DH, SanDiego1K, LIH Prem and 77 others like this.
Old Aug 14, 2019, 2:59 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, SPG LTP
Originally Posted by itsaboutthejourney
As I've said about SPG before, it’s rare for people to have an affection for a faceless corporation, and I was clear-eyed about Starwood being a for-profit corporation. But Starwood/SPG earned my fierce loyalty over the years with amazing experiences and fantastic treatment. William was an enormous part of that. He introduced me to the right people at the company who honestly wanted to hear my feedback and ideas. And over the years, I came to know William personally, sharing some wonderful meals, conversations and experiences. This thread proves I was not alone. It’s rare for a company to have someone with this kind of cult following, but William is a rare and special person. This is a well deserved retirement, he will be missed, but I think he leaves his co-workers with a high standard for companies to communicate with their customers. Thank you for so much William.
I started to write a few comments, but couldn't find the right words to convey my sentiment. While I never met William in person, the rest of your words hold true for me so I'll just add my agreement here.

Best wishes Pa Kettle!
Old Aug 14, 2019, 3:34 pm

Programs: AS MVP 75K, UA 1K, Bonvoy Plat.
Thanks William for all your work over the years. Best wishes on your next chapter.
Old Aug 14, 2019, 3:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
i never thought i would see the day william would retire....glad you are continuing here under the pa kettle username....ft would not have been the same without you....
Old Aug 14, 2019, 3:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott/Lifetime Titanium Hyatt/Explorist, Hilton/Silver, IHG Spire,UA Gold
I had the pleasure of meeting William years back and getting a tour of the SPG call center in Austin...have become social media friends with him, and can tell you, he is every bit the wonderful human being in real life that he is on here!
Best of luck to you William on your future endeavors and thank you from the bottom of my heart for enhancing all the experiences I've had at SPG!
Old Aug 14, 2019, 6:31 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
I was lucky enough to meet William at multiple FT & StarMegaDo events.

I remember being there when William was the first hotel (and as far as I know ONLY) hotel rep to receive an individual Freddie Award. This was way, way, way before MAR acquired SPG & I think it was my first or second ever FT event. Everyone spoke so highly of William that I had immediate respect for him, even though just meeting him for the first time. I was lucky enough to meet him at other Freddie Award events, etc. I adore William.

But my favorite memory...

One year the Freddies were held in LA. I organized events the day after for FTers, including a party at my place at the beach the evening after the Freddies. Because of the large # of FTers attending I didn't do the normal china dishes thing, but went for plastic. William brought his own expensive bourbon & said to me, Sharon I don't drink this out of a plastic cup. I pulled out the Waterford for him!

William my darling, enjoy your well-earned retirement. You will be missed.

Cheers.
Old Aug 14, 2019, 10:48 pm
FT

Originally Posted by Marriott Bonvoy Lurker
After 22 years with the company, William, our beloved Marriott Bonvoy Lurker, has retired to embark on a new chapter. We will miss working with William and would like to thank him for his commitment and dedication over his career. Our team is eager to continue William’s work on FlyerTalk and looks forward to helping many more members. Please join us in wishing William well.
Thank you so much, William, for your years of service to the community and to SPG/Marriott. You've always demonstrated an immense amount of patience dealing with our entitlements and helping us out. Good luck to you and yours in your future endeavours.
bsdstone likes this.
Old Aug 15, 2019, 8:07 am
uxb

Programs: AC, AS, BA, DL, HH (D), MR (T/LTP), UA (*S), UScAAre (PLT/1,87MM), WN
Thanks for putting up with me all of these years, and best wishes on your retirement, Pa Kettle!
Old Aug 15, 2019, 10:40 am
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
William, you were a big part of what made Starwood a great experience for those of us on FlyerTalk. Your wisdom, wit and knowledge of where the bodies are buried will be incredibly missed. Any company would be wise to hire you to consult for them on how to successfully leverage social media forums to win customer’s loyalty and maintain brand image. Thanks for all the fish!
Old Aug 15, 2019, 6:28 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA 2MM, Bonvoy LT Plt, Mets fan
William -

Enjoy your retirement! The loyalty that you earned for Starwood was probably never reflected in your paycheck, but we still get pleasure out of telling the story of how you saved our Summer 2009 trip to Jerusalem...

All the best!

CO FF

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.