Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy Lurker Update (Starwood/Marriott Bonvoy Lurker Retires)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Bonvoy Lurker Update (Starwood/Marriott Bonvoy Lurker Retires)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13, 2019, 4:47 pm

Programs: AA 2MM, *wd gold
Bill, great work over the years for Starwood and now Marriott. I remember you in the Continental days and the Flyertalk parties in Houston. Best of luck in your retirement. Puppysara
Old Aug 13, 2019, 4:55 pm
SPG Contributor Badge

Programs: Starwood:Lifetime Platinum, Air Canada:Basic, Asiana:Lifetime Diamond Plus, ANA: Basic
This can't be happening. noooooooooooooooooo!!!!!

Willam. You have been one of the best things Starwood's SPG program ever had. I wish you the very best on your next page in life!
unclepants and KRSW like this.
Old Aug 13, 2019, 5:22 pm

Programs: AA 4MM EXP; Starwood Lifetime Plt
Congratulations on your retirement and your immense success here on FT and in your other endeavors at SPG. We will all miss you. I too am retired now, but still travel for leisure from time to time. Enjoy your retirement!
Old Aug 13, 2019, 5:25 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum (3MM), QF Lifetime Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, Ex-Hyatt Diamond
Willaim Last Day...Hall of Fame

I read a thread today that the original Starwood Lurker, William Sanders, is retiring today.

If that's true, hat's off to you William. You are the GOAT!

Wishing you well and thanks for all your time, attention, help, and insights!

FT Hall of Fame!
ch922455 likes this.
Old Aug 13, 2019, 5:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Have a great retirement and wrap up your career knowing how many of us you have helped over the years here on FlyerTalk and the positive image you helped to create for the SPG program and Starwood. It was good to finally meet you at on of the MegaDos years ago. Now go off and enjoy all that leisure time...and start posting from our side of the screen!
margarita girl likes this.
Old Aug 13, 2019, 5:31 pm

Programs: 2023 MH Enrich Gold (OWS), 2023 Marriott Titanium and Lifetime Gold
Retirement is not an ending rather it's the beginning of the new phase in life . Cheers to your retirement Mr. William !
Old Aug 13, 2019, 5:50 pm

Programs: UA 50K, refugee from AC E50K, Marriott Lifetime Plat
Oh no! We're losing one the best ever reps!

Congrats on your well-earned retirement William. Name the place and the date and I'll try my best to be there in person to buy you a drink at your retirement party!

Thanks for everything over the years. You will be missed!
margarita girl likes this.
Old Aug 13, 2019, 5:50 pm
MPC

Programs: CX DM, SPG PLT, Accor PLT, IHG PLT AMB, Hyatt DM, HH DM
My heartfelt gratitude to William for all your assistance. All the best to you and your family
Old Aug 13, 2019, 6:07 pm

Programs: SPG LTP (let me live my fantasy), UAL 1K/MM, SWA A-list, Alaska Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat
Starwood Lurker- you set the bar high. Best wishes for your next chapter.
Old Aug 13, 2019, 6:25 pm

William .. I'll miss you around here, but hopefully we can share some BBQ some day!

-David
Old Aug 13, 2019, 6:27 pm
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Thanks so much, William! Enjoy your well deserved retirement and further adventures. Here's hoping they give you honorary Ambassador status for life...because you deserve it!
Epicura likes this.
Old Aug 13, 2019, 6:28 pm

...At the top of his game he was!! He was an outstanding ambassador for SPG (I still look at him as an SPG employee!) He had such a calm to him and ALWAYS helped you out even when a person might have been a little negative at times ( sometimes me ! ) You knew you could trust he was doing what he could to find you answers and be absolutely honest with you whether it was what you wanted to hear or not. All the best to you William and may karma be good to you!

It's almost like the final death of anything SPG.
Old Aug 13, 2019, 6:49 pm

Programs: CM Presidential, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by Marriott Bonvoy Lurker
After 22 years with the company, William, our beloved Marriott Bonvoy Lurker, has retired to embark on a new chapter. We will miss working with William and would like to thank him for his commitment and dedication over his career. Our team is eager to continue William’s work on FlyerTalk and looks forward to helping many more members. Please join us in wishing William well.
Too bad William did not get to say good bye in his own words, but that is probably (another) a sign of the times.In any case a big BRAVO from here for all the extra miles he went for us FT'ers!
Old Aug 13, 2019, 6:53 pm

Like all others here, I wish William all the best in his 'after life'. A little voice tells me that like many of us, William found it hard to transit from SPG to the world of Bonvoy.
Old Aug 13, 2019, 7:48 pm

Programs: BD, DL, UA, AA, Marriott, SPG
You will be missed William! By far the best company representative I've ever interacted it. You've gone above and beyond for many a FTer!

In you every FTer had a personal advocate at SPG. I hope you continue helping people in whatever you decide to do next.

If you're ever in India please do drop me a note. I'd love to meet and thank you!

​​​​​
bhrubin likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.