Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Le Méridien New York, Central Park [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Le Méridien New York, Central Park [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2019, 12:48 pm

Originally Posted by JCrew7384
FWIW - Bonvoy lurker forwarded my post to my Ambassador who was quickly able to refund my SNA (that had gone unconfirmed, but never credited back) and also issued me a $100 Marriott gift card due to the lack of breakfast and continued insistence from the staff that breakfast was not an option there and the Bonvoy T&C were wrong...

Thanks Ambassador.
Wow, I'm jealous. As a lowly Titanium, all I got was the 1000 point welcome gift retroactively applied by the lurker social media team plus a note from the hotel saying they'll treat my feedback as a "teachable moment." Which is meaningless, of course, since the problem isn't the staff not being "taught" what to do but the management company deciding not to comply with the program terms. And apparently Marriott isn't going to make them.
Old Jul 9, 2019, 12:59 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
Originally Posted by matravelguy
Wow, I'm jealous. As a lowly Titanium, all I got was the 1000 point welcome gift retroactively applied by the lurker social media team plus a note from the hotel saying they'll treat my feedback as a "teachable moment." Which is meaningless, of course, since the problem isn't the staff not being "taught" what to do but the management company deciding not to comply with the program terms. And apparently Marriott isn't going to make them.
If they can't get their Marriott review score above a 2 ... Marriott will do something. Not sure I've ever seen a property scored that low by guest after guest. Even the Sheraton Clayton, which I consider one of the worst hotels in the system has a 3.1.

The TripAdvisor scores are just as bad, although they are using their old Viceroy scores to bring the average up.
Old Jul 9, 2019, 4:13 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by C17PSGR
If they can't get their Marriott review score above a 2 ... Marriott will do something.
I'm afraid that Marriott is no longer.

This one seems content to follow the lead of companies like Verizon and Comcast - consistently among the 10 or 20 most hated by consumers, but sufficient market power that it doesn't matter.
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old Jul 9, 2019, 4:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Fully agree - pretty sad that the largest hotel group globally is apparently unable to control it's own properties and have them adhere to the T&Cs of its fancy new program (but maybe that's a feature and not a bug...)
Old Jul 10, 2019, 7:16 pm

Stayed here on July 5th. The hotel was fully packed. All the suites were sold out. They had the basic room available and they had no other option. When asked for a higher floor they gave me the 4th floor. And none of the rooms had central park view. I am quite surprised by the type of people employed by the hotel. A lot of heavy built guys by the reception and front entrance. I felt a bit weird by the entire set up. Not sure why. Its right opposite to the Park Hyatt NY. Location is great. They did honor my Platinum status. I got $25 per person credit for breakfast so $50 taken off the folio. It was a saturday so we had brunch. And the brunch was AMAZING. Its made to order from the menu and we got Pancakes and Avacado toast. It was great! They also have a roof top bar which is open till 2am. Last call 1:45am. The bar atmostphere is great. Has decent view of the central park and you can see the Essex house from the bar. I would say the bar prices are decent. 2 cocktail and 2 beer was around $70 + tax. The room is tiny if you go into the standard room. Overall a decent experience. I paid $160 + tax. I would not pay more than that for this hotel unless you are able to get a free upgrade into the bigger rooms. They gave us late checkout at 4pm which worked well.
Old Jul 10, 2019, 7:26 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
Originally Posted by alaskaforlife
Stayed here on July 5th. The hotel was fully packed. All the suites were sold out. They had the basic room available and they had no other option. When asked for a higher floor they gave me the 4th floor. And none of the rooms had central park view. I am quite surprised by the type of people employed by the hotel. A lot of heavy built guys by the reception and front entrance. I felt a bit weird by the entire set up. Not sure why. Its right opposite to the Park Hyatt NY. Location is great. They did honor my Platinum status. I got $25 per person credit for breakfast so $50 taken off the folio. It was a saturday so we had brunch. And the brunch was AMAZING. Its made to order from the menu and we got Pancakes and Avacado toast. It was great! They also have a roof top bar which is open till 2am. Last call 1:45am. The bar atmostphere is great. Has decent view of the central park and you can see the Essex house from the bar. I would say the bar prices are decent. 2 cocktail and 2 beer was around $70 + tax. The room is tiny if you go into the standard room. Overall a decent experience. I paid $160 + tax. I would not pay more than that for this hotel unless you are able to get a free upgrade into the bigger rooms. They gave us late checkout at 4pm which worked well.
did you have to push for the breakfast credit? All the post here and reviews on TripAdvisor say they had been refusing it. Maybe they finally realize the obligation?
Old Jul 10, 2019, 7:41 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
$160 actually sounds quite reasonable...
Old Jul 10, 2019, 8:06 pm

Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
$160 actually sounds quite reasonable...
$160 for NYC seems very reasonable ... although NYC rates can be low when nothing iss going on. I'm assuming it reflects the condition of the property. Good to hear they may at least be following program rule now.
Old Jul 10, 2019, 8:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by alaskaforlife
Thanks for the review. The question everyone keeps asking and we still don’t have an answer..... is there a lounge?
Old Jul 10, 2019, 8:27 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by margarita girl
The question everyone keeps asking and we still don’t have an answer..... is there a lounge?
I'm pretty sure there's not, otherwise there would not be all these issues with breakfast
dgreen12 and cawhite like this.
Old Jul 10, 2019, 8:36 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Qatar Airways, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, IHG

Thanks for the review. The question everyone keeps asking and we still don’t have an answer..... is there a lounge?
There most certainly is not... and the property has since renamed their room categories from “Deluxe” and “Concierge Level” to “Cozy” and “European Style Cozy.”

Let them sort out their breakfast situation first before over-reaching for something as optimistic as a lounge, methinks.

khabah
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old Jul 10, 2019, 10:14 pm

No there is no Lounge unfortunately!
Old Jul 10, 2019, 10:16 pm

Originally Posted by C17PSGR
did you have to push for the breakfast credit? All the post here and reviews on TripAdvisor say they had been refusing it. Maybe they finally realize the obligation?
No the front desk check in guy was telling me i'll add 1000 points but then I stopped him there and said... oh i was thinking of breakfast and he said yeah that is available... and told us about the credit $50... they need to notate the account and while checking out you need to make sure you let them know you have the $50 credit which needs to be reflected in the final folio..
C17PSGR likes this.
Old Jul 11, 2019, 7:56 am

Good to hear they are finally doing breakfast credit. The rooms are listed at over 450$ a night for when I have my current reservation. And it sounds like there is no way they will honor the Central Park view room I booked on points.

What was weird about the staff besides that they were built?
Old Jul 11, 2019, 12:52 pm

Originally Posted by LUVs_2_Fly
Good to hear they are finally doing breakfast credit. The rooms are listed at over 450$ a night for when I have my current reservation. And it sounds like there is no way they will honor the Central Park view room I booked on points.

What was weird about the staff besides that they were built?
Yeah it's definitely not worth the $450 rates. it's no where close to the experience of the nearby Marriotts like Ritz or Essex House. I think its just me. i felt pretty weird about the 7 feet guys. maybe there was some celebrity staying in the hotel? who knows? I would suggest you email the hotel requesting an ugrade. and check in early in the day... otherwise the rooms get taken up..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.