Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Le Méridien New York, Central Park [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Le Méridien New York, Central Park [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16, 2019, 6:33 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanuim/Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Gold, United Silver
Another thing to watch your account if you cancel a points reservation. With all the comments here decided to cancel a 5-night reservation I had here on points for December earlier today. So far the SNAs I had attached to the reservation were returned to my account but not the points. I will give it 24 hours then call.
Old Jul 29, 2019, 9:49 am
Company Representative, Le Meridien NYC

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy
Well Hello There,

First, we wanted to thank everyone for their feedback so far and appreciate the patience as we've fully transitioned over to Le Meridien:
  • We're pleased to offer Platinum, Titanium, and Ambassador members the choice of continental breakfast in our Kingside restaurant or bonus points
  • Our room types have been reconfigured to accurately describe our accommodations, you'll find our new Cozy King, European Cozy King, and Manhattan Style Cozy King, which reflect their different views
  • Marriott has moved us to a Category 6 property, free night awards start at 50,000 points per night. Existing reservations will be honored at the old pricing levels.
  • We've completed a full lobby and fitness center renovation, with plans for a guest room refurbishment next year
Again, thank you all for your feedback, we do hope to exceed our guests expectations and look forward to welcoming you to stay with us.

Le Meridien NYC
Old Jul 29, 2019, 11:01 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Originally Posted by LeMeridienNYC
  • Our room types have been reconfigured to accurately describe our accommodations, you'll find our new Cozy King, European Cozy King, and Manhattan Style Cozy King, which reflect their different views
Website still not very descriptive to help anyone understand what the differences are. All rooms appear to be 250sq ft. so essentially the same rooms with different views from what you are saying. Can we assume the following?

Cozy = NO view
European Cozy = Limited view
Manhattan Cozy = City view
Old Jul 29, 2019, 11:15 am

Programs: Bonvoy Platinum Elite, DL PM (MM)
Based on previous posts you can expect an answer to your question in 33 days...please check back then.
Old Jul 30, 2019, 12:10 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Lifetime SkyClub, AS MVP
I've cancelled my travel cert reservation for the month of October 2019. I had high hopes for the property.
Old Jul 31, 2019, 6:56 am

Originally Posted by christianj
Website still not very descriptive to help anyone understand what the differences are. All rooms appear to be 250sq ft. so essentially the same rooms with different views from what you are saying. Can we assume the following?

Cozy = NO view
European Cozy = Limited view
Manhattan Cozy = City view
Our room categories differ by view as follows:.

Cozy Kings are on the lower floors, European Cozy Kings are on higher floors, with Manhattan Style Cozy Kings on the top floors with some of these offering Central Park views.

We do have 40 junior and one bedroom suites out of 240 rooms and we do our best to upgrade our elite members. Don't hesitate to reach out to me directly by private message, so I can ensure you have a great stay.
Old Jul 31, 2019, 10:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
Don't hesitate to reach out to me directly by private message, so I can ensure you have a great stay.
Thanks for being here. What does the breakfast consist of if chosen as the Titanium amenity? Is it a credit, buffet, or something else? Thanks in advance for sharing that info.
Old Aug 1, 2019, 12:26 pm

Originally Posted by itsaboutthejourney
Thanks for being here. What does the breakfast consist of if chosen as the Titanium amenity? Is it a credit, buffet, or something else? Thanks in advance for sharing that info.
Our breakfast benefit is a continental breakfast option in our Kingside restaurant each day.
Old Aug 1, 2019, 2:52 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Lifetime SkyClub, AS MVP
Our breakfast benefit is a continental breakfast option in our Kingside restaurant each day.
As described on the Kingside restaurant menu here?
Old Aug 1, 2019, 5:04 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
Thank you for participating here on FT. I suspect that FTers on here have thousands of nights each year in NYC so there is a lot of opportunity for a property to build relationships.

But ... having seen the reviews on Marriott.com for the property, they seem pretty consistently bad and frankly one of the lowest scores I have seen at a property. In particular, Ambassador, Titanium, and Platinum members give the worst scores of the bunch,

Is there anything you can tell us about the hotel's plan to try to rebuild the trust with guests?

And, is there more information on what you mean by "continental breakfast." As you might know, the Marriott program requires Le Meridien properties to offer Platinum guests the option of "1,000 Points per Stay or amenity per Stay or breakfast in restaurant per day of Stay for Member +1 (including Resorts)." There is no reference to "continental" in that description. Plus, when I look at the menu for breakfast, the price of the continental breakfast at $28 seems to be higher than the price of the "pastry," "granola,' and beverages combined which seems odd.

Do Plat Guests get a $28 credit to use on other items on the menu in lieu of the "continental breakfast?"

Menus | Kingside
Old Aug 1, 2019, 5:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Interesting...I'm guessing many/most elites eligible for breakfast would rather have one of the entrees + a coffee (which I would say is quite fair), for what is likely the same price or a few bucks cheaper vs. the Continental breakfast (which as noticed feels relatively & strangely overpriced).
Old Aug 1, 2019, 5:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
I echo what C17PSGR said. The Ambassador breakfast offering seems dismal (and overpriced). That is driving me away instead of enticing me to the property.

I have a reservation for Oct for a “park view” room. Will that be honoured?

I was excited when this hotel first rebranded. But with the reviews I’ve read here and on Trip Advisor, I’m probably going to go to another property.
dgreen12, C17PSGR and paolo64 like this.
Old Aug 1, 2019, 9:43 pm

Yes, it’s great to see the hotel participating in the forum.
As for breakfast, why not just give eligible members a $28 credit and let them eat as they wish. It benefits no one to have the constraint of continental breakfast only.
C17PSGR likes this.
Old Aug 1, 2019, 10:06 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Unless it’s higher margin.
Old Aug 1, 2019, 10:43 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
Unless it’s higher margin.
Which is why the price for a $5 pastry packaged with coffee and juice becomes $28. No one will buy it since entrees are cheaper, which perhaps leaves it look to some like the property has created something just for a platinum breakfast. Unfortunately, if that's the case, the property will just upset plats and continue to get scores in the 2s, or lower.

Hoping the hotel decides to go with the $28 credit for those who want more than a pastry and coffee.

They have the potential to pick up thousands of nights from FTers alone.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.