Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Le Méridien New York, Central Park [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Le Méridien New York, Central Park [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2, 2019, 5:44 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Originally Posted by C17PSGR
Which is why the price for a $5 pastry packaged with coffee and juice becomes $28. No one will buy it since entrees are cheaper, which perhaps leaves it look to some like the property has created something just for a platinum breakfast.
Bingo! Smoke and mirrors! There is no way the property is going to offer a $28 credit instead when they are trying to pull the wool over peoples eyes.
dgreen12 and margarita girl like this.
Old Aug 2, 2019, 7:43 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Their continental as described on the menu isn't really any different from what many NYC hotels offer in the same price range. NYC hotel breakfasts are expensive.

Seems like some people in this thread want to pay RI prices yet expect a StR experience.
WillBarrett_68 likes this.
Old Aug 2, 2019, 8:25 am

Originally Posted by Kacee
Seems like some people in this thread want to pay RI prices yet expect a StR experience.
That's... pretty much every thread on this entire board, isn't it?
Old Aug 2, 2019, 8:36 am

Originally Posted by WillBarrett_68
That's... pretty much every thread on this entire board, isn't it?
wait for it, the Hyatt crew will comment on it soon.
Old Aug 2, 2019, 12:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
A difference - in NYC, IF the continental is $28, I can't believe that that most hotels would be selling all their "good" / full breakfast entrees for $10 cheaper - they'd be $5-10 more.

This is a hotel gaming the system, plain and simple.

(Hyatt not really relevant here, though of course at a similar property a Globalist would get free room service and/or some insane $50-$100 pp breakfast. Because they have better elite benefits than Marriott. But ohhhh noooo can't compare the two chains, not at all, don't want to hurt any feelings.)
Old Aug 2, 2019, 12:35 pm
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
A difference - in NYC, IF the continental is $28, I can't believe that that most hotels would be selling all their "good" / full breakfast entrees for $10 cheaper - they'd be $5-10 more.

This is a hotel gaming the system, plain and simple.

(Hyatt not really relevant here, though of course at a similar property a Globalist would get free room service and/or some insane $50-$100 pp breakfast. Because they have better elite benefits than Marriott. But ohhhh noooo can't compare the two chains, not at all, don't want to hurt any feelings.)
Haha, there's no question that Hyatt has the better breakfast benefit.

Of course, at many of the better Marriott Bonvoy hotels, the breakfast benefit is the same (full breakfast or lounge breakfast). With 42 Marriott Bonvoy hotels to the 14 Hyatt hotels in Manhattan, it turns out there many, perhaps as many or even more, Bonvoy hotels that can match the Hyatt full breakfast benefit--just not this one.
myperks likes this.

Last edited by bhrubin; Aug 2, 2019 at 12:41 pm
Old Aug 2, 2019, 2:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by bhrubin
Of course, at many of the better Marriott Bonvoy hotels, the breakfast benefit is the same (full breakfast or lounge breakfast). With 42 Marriott Bonvoy hotels to the 14 Hyatt hotels in Manhattan, it turns out there many, perhaps as many or even more, Bonvoy hotels that can match the Hyatt full breakfast benefit--just not this one.
But where does it say that Le Meridien only has to offer continental breakfast instead of real breakfast?
C17PSGR likes this.
Old Aug 2, 2019, 2:35 pm
Suspended
Aman Contributor BadgeMarriott 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by margarita girl
But where does it say that Le Meridien only has to offer continental breakfast instead of real breakfast?
My point is that there still are as many if not more Marriott properties that do offer a full breakfast in restaurant or in the lounge than there are Hyatt properties doing so--even though the Hyatt benefit is better and more guaranteed. The much larger number of Bonvoy properties means there still are plenty of comparable options with Bonvoy.

To your point about the Le Meridien, the terms and conditions says that in exactly the same place where it says any hotel has to offer real breakfast: NOWHERE. They say NEITHER.
Old Aug 13, 2019, 10:53 am
Company Representative, Le Meridien NYC

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy
Originally Posted by margarita girl

Thanks for the review. The question everyone keeps asking and we still don’t have an answer..... is there a lounge?
We don't have a Concierge Lounge at the property, but we do offer Platinum, Titanium and Ambassadors breakfast in our Kingside restaurant.

Please don't hesitate to reach out to us via Private Message if you have an upcoming stay, so we can ensure a positive experience.
bhrubin likes this.

Last edited by LeMeridienNYC; Aug 13, 2019 at 10:59 am
Old Aug 13, 2019, 11:10 am
Suspended
Aman Contributor BadgeMarriott 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by LeMeridienNYC
We don't have a Concierge Lounge at the property, but we do offer Platinum, Titanium and Ambassadors breakfast in our Kingside restaurant.

Please don't hesitate to reach out to us via Private Message if you have an upcoming stay, so we can ensure a positive experience.
How refreshing to see a hotel participating with us on FlyerTalk. Welcome and thanks!
margarita girl likes this.
Old Aug 14, 2019, 5:12 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, AA ExecPlat, Amtrak Select Exec, former WN apologist
I am in the middle of a stay here now. I had booked here with some trepidation following all the reviews, but have been pleasantly surprised so far. Property seems to be in good shape. The room I am in seems to have been partially renovated recently - new furniture and bathrooms, though the walls are a bit scuffed. The bed is comically low, so I could see that giving older people trouble. Gym is decent. All staff I have interacted with have been very pleasant and prompt.

No lounge. I have not tried the breakfast, but the restaurant is ok for dinner. Both bars (restaurant and rooftop) are very crowded in evenings (this could be good or bad depending on your preferences).

Maybe they are turning over a new leaf, or maybe I got lucky. But either way, I'd stay again.
margarita girl and jaejaez like this.
Old Aug 15, 2019, 12:27 am

Originally Posted by LeMeridienNYC
Well Hello There,

First, we wanted to thank everyone for their feedback so far and appreciate the patience as we've fully transitioned over to Le Meridien:
  • We're pleased to offer Platinum, Titanium, and Ambassador members the choice of continental breakfast in our Kingside restaurant or bonus points
  • Our room types have been reconfigured to accurately describe our accommodations, you'll find our new Cozy King, European Cozy King, and Manhattan Style Cozy King, which reflect their different views
  • Marriott has moved us to a Category 6 property, free night awards start at 50,000 points per night. Existing reservations will be honored at the old pricing levels.
  • We've completed a full lobby and fitness center renovation, with plans for a guest room refurbishment next year
Again, thank you all for your feedback, we do hope to exceed our guests expectations and look forward to welcoming you to stay with us.

Le Meridien NYC
I just wanted to say (a belated) welcome and thank you for your participation on FT.

I go to NYC about four times a year. For me, my hotels of choice on Manhattan are Sheraton Times Square and the JW Marriott Essex House, depending on my budget. Very seldom the St. Regis when I want to celebrate something.
As a plat I choose these for the availability of a decent breakfast (yes I do think the Sheraton TS provides decent-enuff breakfast) and a the ability to have a complimentary cup of coffee in between my schedule in the city (whether it's in the lounge or through the butler).
If similar experiences can be replicated at the LM I would love to give it a go (it is in the same area as my other go-tos). Hope this helps!
Old Aug 16, 2019, 8:07 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, AA ExecPlat, Amtrak Select Exec, former WN apologist
Just wrapped up my stay. I finally did breakfast one morning. It was the overpriced, uninspired breakfast that is very typical of midtown hotels. So not really a plus or minus there.

Rooftop bar was cool with a decent view of Central Park.

I always prefer properties with a lounge, but overall I was happy with my stay and would go again.

Last edited by Mr. BoH; Aug 16, 2019 at 8:21 am
Old Aug 16, 2019, 8:39 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
Originally Posted by Mr. BoH
Just wrapped up my stay. I finally did breakfast one morning. It was the overpriced, uninspired breakfast that is very typical of midtown hotels. So not really a plus or minus there.

Rooftop bar was cool with a decent view of Central Park.

I always prefer properties with a lounge, but overall I was happy with my stay and would go again.
What was the breakfast offered? Did you get a $28 credit or just the pastry/coffee?
Old Aug 19, 2019, 6:23 am

Originally Posted by C17PSGR
What was the breakfast offered? Did you get a $28 credit or just the pastry/coffee?
The free breakfast was the "continental" described here: Menus | Kingside

Certainly not worth anywhere near $28, though that is typical of most New York hotel breakfasts. They didn't offer a $28 credit in lieu of the continental (though to be fair I didn't ask). I am not sure it would help you much anyway as all of the menu items were expensive ($6 coffee, etc).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.