FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy-766/)
-   -   Le Méridien New York, Central Park [Master Thread] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy/1961079-le-meridien-new-york-central-park-master-thread.html)

SkiAdcock Mar 15, 2019 7:38 pm

Le Méridien New York, Central Park [Master Thread]

Opening May '19. No category yet. Hotel website:

https://www.marriott.com/hotels/trav...-central-park/

"Located in Midtown Manhattan, Le Méridien New York, Central Park positions travelers in one of the most thriving areas of NYC. Perfectly situated on West 57th Street between 6th and 7th Avenues.The hotel strikes an ideal balance of location, unmatched service and thoughtful amenities. Dine al fresco in the hotel's rooftop lounge and stay true to your fitness regimen whether working out in the on-site fitness facility or an outdoor run in beautiful Central Park.Walk to top New York City attractions from this stylish Central Park hotel in Midtown Manhattan. Hotel is located blocks from Carnegie Hall, Radio City Music Hall, Rockefeller Center and an array of NYC museums."

wordsmith Mar 15, 2019 9:07 pm

Interesting...butts up against the erstwhile Parker Meridien on 56th...

khabah Mar 15, 2019 10:31 pm

They’re taking over the Viceroy, a beautiful property in its current incarnation; I hope they don’t do much to alter it.

So glad to see LM return to New York!

khabah

khabah Apr 5, 2019 12:46 pm

Does anyone know what the deal with this property is? The hotel's page was pulled from Marriott's site, but recent reviews on TA mention some property renovations going on, while a call I made to the Viceroy mentioned that they were preparing for a rebranding but didn't know when it would happen aside from "sometime in the summer." Also found the following link from HEI, the new owners:

I hope it's still happening, and can't wait to see more LMs stateside.

khabah

EDIT [20190406]: Website is back online, opening May 2019. https://www.marriott.com/hotels/trav...-central-park/

khabah

longtimereader firstimeposter May 29, 2019 11:21 am

Looks like this property opens this weekend. I guess it will include a lounge seeing as they have a concierge level room type?

khabah Jun 1, 2019 3:08 am

The changeover from the Viceroy to Le Méridien happened on May 31st, so the hotel is now open. I e-mailed them a few weeks ago and they said they planned to have the lobby renovations done by the 31st, so I wonder if that happened and what it looks like now. If anyone is in New York, it would be great if you could snap a pic or two.

So stoked to have LM back in town; if all goes well, there will soon be a second new-build LM at 292 Fifth Avenue.

khabah

margarita girl Jun 1, 2019 3:59 am

Category 5 and no destination fee that I can see! Very interested in this, especially if it has a lounge. ^

Kacee Jun 1, 2019 6:28 am

Originally Posted by margarita girl (Post 31159536)
Category 5 and no destination fee that I can see!

Can that last?

margarita girl Jun 1, 2019 7:16 am

Originally Posted by Kacee (Post 31159829)
Can that last?

No idea, but I did make a points booking for my Oct stay. ;)

khabah Jun 1, 2019 7:30 am

Originally Posted by margarita girl (Post 31159933)

No idea, but I did make a points booking for my Oct stay. ;)

Yay! In case we don’t get any stat reports between now and then, could I/we bother you for a property update/photos?

Thanks and happy travels!

khabah

jaejaez Jun 1, 2019 9:10 am

Same amount of points as the Sheraton TS? Too good to be true! (even more so if they had a functioning lounge)

dgreen12 Jun 1, 2019 5:13 pm

I've booked an awards stay for late October.

Looks like the restaurant and rooftop bar are outsourced to the Gerber Group. It will be interesting to see if expenditures charged to the room are eligible for points.

holocker Jun 1, 2019 8:32 pm

I have a stay booked at the Residence Inn Central Park booked for later this year using the Cat 5 certificate from a travel package. If this property has a lounge will change.

cmtuegel Jun 9, 2019 9:40 am

Khabah, I will be staying there this week and would be happy to take/send some pics. In exchange, do you have an email address for them (you mentioned emailing them in this thread) - I am trying to find and cannot anywhere and would really like to reach out to them before my stay about a couple things (early arrival, split reservation etc).

Thank you!

khabah Jun 9, 2019 10:39 am

Originally Posted by cmtuegel (Post 31185419)
Khabah, I will be staying there this week and would be happy to take/send some pics. In exchange, do you have an email address for them (you mentioned emailing them in this thread) - I am trying to find and cannot anywhere and would really like to reach out to them before my stay about a couple things (early arrival, split reservation etc).

Thank you!

Hello hello - I e-mailed them through their old Viceroy domains [oh hotel companies with readily-accessible e-mail addresses], so I don’t think those domains are still valid. If you want, I can share the address via private message.

Thanks for offering to share property updates and take some photos! Would love to see the Le Méridien logo up on the awning and what they’ve done with the lobby. Management responses on TripAdvisor mention forthcoming updates to the rooms, so I wonder if that means paint and lacquer here and there or a total redo altogether. The lobby has apparently been totally redone, so there’s that... Thanks again!

khabah