Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Le Méridien New York, Central Park [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2019, 2:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
It’s a shame this wasn’t posted in the LM Central Park Master Thread where a hotel representative has started posting. Hopefully he/she will see this thread and respond anyhow.

Tanic likes this.
Old Jun 28, 2019, 5:48 am

Originally Posted by C17PSGR
Seems pretty clear ....t. Regis, The Luxury Collection, W Hotels, Sheraton, Le Méridien, Westin, Tribute Portfolio1,000 Points per Stay or amenity per Stay or breakfast in restaurant per day of Stay for Member +1 (including Resorts)U.S. $100
https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/terms/default.mi

I'd ask for the $100 and try to figure out the best way to document it if they refuse.
Why am I having such a tough time figuring this breakfast thing out or what I am actually supposed to get? LOL....above you quote the 1,000 points per stay or amenity or breakfast...………..the OP said he was offered the 1,000 points? Also as I mentioned before I think it is horrible that the customer has to invoke the guarantee while on site! I always worry about doing this and then having someone spit in my food during my stay!
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old Jun 28, 2019, 6:50 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by margarita girl
It’s a shame this wasn’t posted in the LM Central Park Master Thread where a hotel representative has started posting. Hopefully he/she will see this thread and respond anyhow.

Well, given that hotel rep posted "feel free to reach out with any questions" and yet has not returned to the forum and given the reviews this hotel is already getting, I suspect this "hotel reps" FT participation career will be pretty short lived.

This is an awful tough crowd, particularly when in comes to the sacrosanct "elite breakfast"

Regards
Old Jun 28, 2019, 6:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by scubadu
Well, given that hotel rep posted "feel free to reach out with any questions" and yet has not returned to the forum and given the reviews this hotel is already getting, I suspect this "hotel reps" FT participation career will be pretty short lived.
The hotel rep posted less than 48 hrs ago.

Regardless, I'm still not clear on why breakfast for this property required a separate thread.
dgreen12, Tanic and EuropeanPete like this.
Old Jun 28, 2019, 7:26 am

Originally Posted by margarita girl
The hotel rep posted less than 48 hrs ago.
Other than the Lurkers, who represent the entire portfolio, can you point to a single, individual property that has maintained an active presence on FT? From any chain? Particularly from a property already getting very poor reviews?

Time will tell which one of us is correct, but I'm quite comfortable with my prediction, irrespective of how many hours since their posting.

Regards

P.S. And agreed this didn't require a separate thread.
Old Jun 28, 2019, 7:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Too early to have been Bonvoyed?
Old Jun 28, 2019, 7:39 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Aventine
Too early to have been Bonvoyed?
If we define "Bonvoyed" to include an apparent complete waiver of brand standards for this property, absolutely not too early.
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old Jun 28, 2019, 9:14 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
Originally Posted by Bravada04
Why am I having such a tough time figuring this breakfast thing out or what I am actually supposed to get? LOL....above you quote the 1,000 points per stay or amenity or breakfast...………..the OP said he was offered the 1,000 points? Also as I mentioned before I think it is horrible that the customer has to invoke the guarantee while on site! I always worry about doing this and then having someone spit in my food during my stay!

Its not that complicated. The OP has a choice and can pick (a) free breakfast for each day, (b) amenity, or (c) 1000 points for each stay. Its not the hotel's choice.

SInce the hotel is not complying with the program guarantee, he should ask for the $100 for failure to provide the program benefit. I don't play "gotcha' with FD clerks who forget to offer me the choice but that's not the issue here. I just don't know a good way to prove you made a timely request since the hotel will just say the OP chose the 1000 points.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Jun 28, 2019, 9:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
This is an awful tough crowd, particularly when in comes to the sacrosanct "elite breakfast"
Regards
eh.. I dont feel that way. This isnt some obscure buried T&C or CoC provision - this is one of the simplest and clear parts of the program.
Old Jun 28, 2019, 9:35 am

Understood. Based on the wording I thought it was starting to look as though it was the Hotel's choice. Nonetheless, it is and continues to be a gong show.
Old Jun 28, 2019, 10:03 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Lifetime SkyClub, AS MVP
Other than the Lurkers, who represent the entire portfolio, can you point to a single, individual property that has maintained an active presence on FT? From any chain?
Yes, I can. Richard Chapman, General Manager of the Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit Bangkok, posts quite frequently for his property.

Here's a recent sample post: Link

He joined in May 2011 and has 174 posts.
EuropeanPete and MSPeconomist like this.
Old Jun 28, 2019, 10:23 am

Originally Posted by dgreen12
Yes, I can. Richard Chapman, General Manager of the Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit Bangkok, posts quite frequently for his property.

Here's a recent sample post: Link

He joined in May 2011 and has 174 posts.
Cool, that's great. Thanks for sharing. Would it be fair to say that given the number of properties in the Marriott/SPG portfolio, this is more the exception than the rule? Additionally, this example doesn't really meet one of the other criteria I mentioned ("Particularly from a property already getting very poor reviews") If memory serves me, the example you give is a property that is quite well regarded, no? The property you have cited likely wouldn't come out of the gate failing to offer one of the most basic elite benefits, correct?

Anyhow, I know folks in this forum don't love my posts or my perspective, fair enough. But, as previously stated, in this case I'm comfortable with my prediction. I'll either be right or wrong and if wrong, I'll happily acknowledge that. One could say I'm "speculating" and anytime I've complained about speculation in this forum, I'm told "isn't that what FT is all about?"

So at this point, "LeMeridienNYC" has every opportunity to come prove me wrong. Time and action will tell, but bantering about it back and forth among ourselves will not.

Regards
Old Jun 28, 2019, 10:28 am

Originally Posted by Antarius
eh.. I dont feel that way. This isnt some obscure buried T&C or CoC provision - this is one of the simplest and clear parts of the program.
Oh, I agree with you completely. I think my comment is being taken a little out of context. I was responding to another poster stating that an official representative from the property has introduced themselves on FT, in the master thread for the property (LeMeridienNYC). My assertion, based on past experiences seeing "company reps" join FT, is that a company rep has to have pretty thick skin to survive on FT, where even the smallest of perceived slights can turn into a multi-hundred post thread. Most company reps don't tend to stick around too long in this climate, particularly if they are a property with the kind of reviews that are already showing up for this one.

That is all I was trying to articulate.

Regards
Old Jun 28, 2019, 10:34 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
This property is certainly proving itself a worthy successor to the Parker Meridien.
Old Jun 28, 2019, 10:52 am

Originally Posted by Antarius
Yeah, so “simple and clear” that it requires a gazillion post running thread on the front page of the Marriott FT forum.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.