Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Le Méridien New York, Central Park [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Le Méridien New York, Central Park [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9, 2019, 10:40 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Qatar Airways, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
Duplicate.
Old Jun 9, 2019, 10:44 am

Happy to take some pics and report back here! And yes if you wouldn't mind private messaging me that email address I would be grateful - maybe it will forward to the right people.
Old Jun 9, 2019, 11:32 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Ambassador Elite, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by cmtuegel
Happy to take some pics and report back here! And yes if you wouldn't mind private messaging me that email address I would be grateful - maybe it will forward to the right people.
Looking forward to your report as I’m booked here at the end of June. The one thing I haven’t been able to tell is if they have in room safes.
Old Jun 12, 2019, 2:18 pm

I booked for mid September. Hope some
room refreshes complete by then. Trip advisor reviews state how shabby, worn, and outdated the rooms feel, which is amazing since it was new in 2013. I’ll be coming from 2 nights at the St Regis, so I hope I’m not let down too much.

Last trip to NYC was Conrad > double tree metropolitan and that was a big downgrade. Very musty and carpet and bathroom were gross.
dgreen12 likes this.
Old Jun 12, 2019, 5:28 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hertz Gold
I was surprised by the TripAdvisor reports as well!
dgreen12 likes this.
Old Jun 20, 2019, 11:15 am

Programs: WN F9 HA UA AA IHG HH MR
Originally Posted by margarita girl
Category 5 and no destination fee that I can see! Very interested in this, especially if it has a lounge. ^
Its a Cat 6 now, but don't see bs fees yet.
Old Jun 20, 2019, 11:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by Tanic
How lucky am I? I initially booked this hotel with points, and just 10 days ago, I decided to attached one of my free night certificates (cat 5) to my Oct reservation. No issues, so the change to cat 6 must be very recent.

Thanks to all who posted in this thread, otherwise I would never even have known this hotel was an option.
flyme2 likes this.
Old Jun 20, 2019, 11:30 am

Originally Posted by Tanic
Wow, hotel has only been a Marriott for 20 days now and already has a category change. Glad I jumped and got my free night cert applied ASAP.
margarita girl likes this.
Old Jun 20, 2019, 11:40 am

Programs: WN F9 HA UA AA IHG HH MR
Well this is strange, the points still calculate at Cat 5 Level, but the bonvOY website shows the hotel as a Cat 6. Perhaps an upcharge is in the works.

Old Jun 20, 2019, 12:20 pm

I noticed the 35k point price too. I also found another marrio page that still said cat5. And others that said cat6.

i also noticed that the park view rooms are now available
for the same 35k as city view. So I rebooked my reservation and now have park view
Old Jun 20, 2019, 1:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by LUVs_2_Fly
i also noticed that the park view rooms are now available
for the same 35k as city view. So I rebooked my reservation and now have park view
I did the same when I modified my reservation 10 days ago. Was wondering why I didn't book the park view in the first place. Guess it wasn't available back then!
Old Jun 20, 2019, 7:12 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanuim/Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Gold, United Silver
I just booked a Park View Room for 35k points per night- 5 nights for 140,000 points. I have a 5 night CAT 5 certificate from a travel package attached to a different hotel in New York so will see what happens when I call to get it changed to this hotel.
Old Jun 21, 2019, 11:18 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanuim/Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Gold, United Silver
It may be a mistake listed as a Cat 6 on the website. I booked a reservation late last night at 140,000 points for 5 nights. called to change my CAT 5 certificate from Residence Inn Central Park to Le Meridian and the agent said both were listed as a Category 5 so no problem switching. Chose the Park View room and applied SNAs to the reservation so will see what I get.

If anyone stays here soon let me know if there is a lounge or what is offered for elite breakfast.
Old Jun 26, 2019, 11:25 am
Company Representative, Le Meridien NYC

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy
Well Hello There Flyertalk Members,

We'd like to add our welcome from the property and we look forward to you welcoming you.

Feel free to reach out with any questions.

The Le Meridien NYC team!
Old Jun 26, 2019, 11:29 am

I think a number of us were wondering about a lounge or elite breakfast offerings at your property.

Also we know about the Lobby renovations, but a number of us are also wondering about room renovations, like what is being done, and is it all at once or phased throughout the coming months?
dgreen12 and margarita girl like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.