Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Le Méridien New York, Central Park [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Le Méridien New York, Central Park [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2021, 7:41 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by christianj
I know this is just a lipstick on a pig reno to freshen up this place for the LeM brand changeover BUT I find it mind boggling that in a SUITE they leave a damaged desk with watermark stains and scratches as part of a reno. (and that side table with the glass top next to the desk sure isn't giving me the feeling that the place is very clean during Covid.)
Essex House did same when they recently redid their rooms. It makes the damage even more glaringly obvious when everything else in the room is new.
Old Mar 9, 2021, 7:45 am

Programs: Bonvoy
I checked into the hotel last week. There was merely no benefit for Platinum Elite other than 1000 welcome points which only counts once per stay so if you are staying few days or longer, I also had to challenge the management multiple times to get a small upgrade to junior suite. Hardware looks old and run down. I think the only renovation in the room is the carpet and larger TV. Staffs and managers are all very nice and attentive with exception of the manager, Louie Berishaj. He was being rude and wanted challenge customers on every front. Not a pleasant experience to deal with him.

Last edited by basis1979; Mar 10, 2021 at 5:12 am
Old Jun 2, 2021, 9:32 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Qatar Airways, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
According to this article released on May 26th, it seems the restaurants initially planned by SBE to take over Kingside on the ground floor and The Roof bar, Umami Prime and Privilege, have been swapped out for their new nori taco and sushi brand, Kumi, as well as a café called EllaMia. I can see EllaMia taking over the ground floor space, and Kumi positioned as an upscale rooftop sushi venue.

Either way, I hope Rockwell is still doing the designs and that the spaces will be launched soon. With New York planned to come fully online by July, I would hope these restaurants are ready for it!

khabah
Old Jun 11, 2021, 2:24 pm

Location: Manhattan, Palm Beach Island, San Francisco, Boston, & Hong Kong
Programs: Lifetime United Global Services, Delta Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador, & Hilton Diamond

Time lapse of the sunrise from the Central Park Suite.

Will post a more detailed review when I have time
jaejaez likes this.
Old Mar 9, 2022, 1:55 am

Any updated reviews? Trying to decide between this and the Conrad Midtown, which is sadly no longer an all suites hotel.
Old Mar 9, 2022, 8:35 am

Originally Posted by abcx
Any updated reviews? Trying to decide between this and the Conrad Midtown, which is sadly no longer an all suites hotel.
how is Conrad midtown no longer all suits? They just opened. Did they renovate all the rooms already and kill the suite space?
Old Mar 9, 2022, 11:33 am

Originally Posted by LUVs_2_Fly
how is Conrad midtown no longer all suits? They just opened. Did they renovate all the rooms already and kill the suite space?
They made some smaller rooms, not sure how many, maybe to screw award redemptions. Mostly still suites and the suites are a minor upcharge from the smaller rooms.
Old Jun 13, 2022, 1:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Do any of the rooms here have terraces or balconies?
Does the hotel charge a resort fee?

Last edited by SkyTeam777; Jun 13, 2022 at 1:43 am
Old Apr 21, 2024, 9:04 am

Current stay

Currently staying here now and I have to say I’m pretty disappointed.

pros: nice location, beautiful bathroom and the headboard is really cool. Rooftop terrace and the restaurant is nice. Service in both venues is good.

cons: virtually no titanium recognition. Was not offered my amenity at check in and I didn’t make a fuss about it, but came back and followed up on my breakfast amenity. Was told they only upgrade “within the category” meaning I got a higher floor standard room despite all room categories being listed as available (hotel isn’t that busy). Front desk staff and door people/bell people seem like they’d rather be somewhere else. Heavily worn down rooms, housekeeping’s attention to detail isn’t exceptional, and heavy (long term) construction across the street make this a tough place to stay. Add to the fact that if you are within 3 rooms of the elevator, you will FEEL the vibration from your bed every time it moves. Breakfast benefit is: (choose three): coffee, juice, fruit cup, or pastry. Or $10 menu credit. On the plus side, the mandatory $40 resort fee = $40 in f&b credit, so at least you can use it for something.
Phillbsb1979 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.