Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Manhattan (NYC) (from Oct. 2018)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 22, 2020, 7:05 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Mr. BoH
Manhattan (NYC) Marriott Bonvoy Hotels Closed Permanently During COVID-19 Pandemic

The following hotels may be discussed in this thread however each property has indicated it closed during the COVID-19 pandemic and will not reopen.
  • Courtyard Herald Square
  • Courtyard 5th Avenue
  • Marriott East Side
  • W Downtown
  • The Maxwell
  • Gramercy Park Hotel
  • Courtyard Downtown/WTC
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Manhattan (NYC) (from Oct. 2018)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2019, 2:19 pm

Programs: HiltonH-Diamond, IHG-Plat, Hyatt-Diamond,SPG-newbie
Planning a two night stay in the financial district would anyone recommend a new AC hotel or at the Marriott downtown
Old Mar 3, 2019, 8:12 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanuim/Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Gold, United Silver
Residence Inn Times Square Vs Residence Inn Central Park NY

Thinking of booking a point stay at one of these properties tomorrow before the point requirement goes up. DOes one have nicer rooms or offer better services than the other?
Thanks
Old Mar 3, 2019, 10:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Not sure about either property, but my personal rule is that the further away from times square, the better,
canadiantransplant likes this.
Old Mar 3, 2019, 10:41 pm

Fortunately, the Residence Inn "Times Square" is actually 1 block south of Bryant Park on 6th Ave and not really in/near Times Square. I've stayed there many times over the years; never had a bad stay there. Prices can be very cheap at times.

Rooms are small by Residence Inn standards (320 sq ft for most, larger for 1BR/2BR) , but larger than a typical NYC hotel room. Location is excellent, with Bryant Park having many bus stops (42nd St), and the subway station servicing 7,B,D,F,M lines. 2 blocks over is the Times Sq subway station (1,2,3,7,N,Q,R,S lines). ~3 blocks east is Grand Central (4,5,6,7,S). Plenty of restaurants and pretty much dead center to everything. Corner rooms are nice and feel bigger to me. North corner rooms have a view of Bryant Park, South corner rooms have a view of the Empire State Building.

I've also stayed at the Residence Inn Midtown/East and all of those have been good stays as well. Rooms *ARE* smaller than the Times Square location. The smaller rooms don't have sofas, but do have kitchens. Their sofa bed rooms are quite nice, great staff. I have scored some amazing LNFs from this hotel. It's directly next to The Lexington, also a Marriott property, but I generally avoid The Lexington. I've stayed at The Lex many times over the past decade+ when it was still a Radisson, but all they've done is put lipstick on a pig. Many rooms are <200 sqft, HVAC is temperamental, housekeeping is hit-or-miss. Even if The Lex is less, I'll pony up the extra $ for the RI next door.

Neither one of these charges resort/destination fees, unlike many other hotels in the area.

I wish I could comment on the Central Park location, but I've never stayed there as it's too far away from where I need to be when I'm in NYC.
Old Mar 20, 2019, 3:01 pm

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
If it helps anyone Trip.com have the Fairfield Financial District for Ł83 at present for a few dates. I checked Nov and found good availability.
Old Mar 22, 2019, 2:24 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, IHG Spire, Langham Voyager
StR is my favorite, but the RC isn’t at all awful

Personally I’m a fan of the St. Regis. I prefer the rooms, and I find the service to be substantially better.

With that being said, when the RC gets it right they get it right by a mile. Several years ago, I was visiting the RC with my girlfriend. We had dinner and came back for drinks at the club lounge. When we walked back into our room they had left us a bottle of champagne and COVERED the bed and room in red rose petals. By far the best surprise I’ve had from any hotel, be it RC, StR, Four Seasons, LC, Park Hyatt. She still remembers and mentions it to this day, 4 years later.

RC as a brand is terribly inconsistent. Still when they get it right, they get it right.
Old Mar 22, 2019, 3:46 pm

Slightly OT, but the last time I visited the King Cole Bar and asked for a Bloody Mary, it seemed that they poured me a glass from a ready-made jug full of it. It literally came 40 seconds after I had ordered it - which triggered my curiosity, so I kept watching the bartender in case someone else ordered it. And voila, some minutes later, I saw the bartender pick up a jar full of pre-made Bloody Mary and pour it into a glass, before decorating it with garnishes and serving.

I thought this wasn't cool for a drink that's almost $30, but didn't make a fuss given how busy the bar was and since I had finished my drink by then. It didn't taste bad and frankly I would not have known that it was pre-made if I didn't pay attention... but still cannot shake off the feeling that it just wasn't... "St. Regis"-like to serve its signature cocktail out of a jar. Am I being picky? Tell me if I am please..
forumpersona999 and flandery like this.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 10:14 am

Programs: United Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis Preferred Plus
@jaejaez - That was exactly my experience. I sat on the side of one of the far ends of the bar the other night and had a pretty good view. After the bartender poured the liquor into the glass, out came the jug of the Bloody Mary mix, followed by a garnish of a lemon wedge and a stirring stick. Like you, I found it tasty and it seemed very fresh, but wasn't what I expected to see when I ordered their signature cocktail.

That aside, I found everything else at the St Regis to be perfect, and I don't think I could recommend it enough. Even their deluxe room (not the suite) felt fairly spacious, and I was surprised that I didn't hear any noise despite only being on the 3rd floor.
bhrubin likes this.
Old Apr 4, 2019, 7:14 am

Programs: MUCCI; BAEC Lifetime Gold; Marriott Bonvoy Emeritus Titanium; Hertz#1, Avis President’s Club
Tips for a Cat 5 in Manahttan Please

Hoping to use a Cat 5 travel pack for an upcoming trip to the Big Apple. I'm looking for a good location (Times Square etc) a lounge would be nice but not essential. Note I am Titanium Level so I assume breakfast will be given in most places. All suggestions are welcome.

TIA
Old Apr 4, 2019, 7:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by holocker
Planning a tourist visit to New York between Thanksgiving and Christmas. I have one of the old Cat 8 travel package which crosses to a Cat 5 hotel and I want to make a reservation before the category change.
What would be people consider the best choices?

Right now kind of thinking the Residence Inn Central Park, Residence Inn Times Square, or Sheraton Times Square. Other suggestions would be appreciated. If I luck out and can upgrade my certificate would do the ST. Regis. I am Titanium Elite and have some SNAa in my account if that makes a difference.
Thanks
Originally Posted by johnaalex
Hoping to use a Cat 5 travel pack for an upcoming trip to the Big Apple. I'm looking for a good location (Times Square etc) a lounge would be nice but not essential. Note I am Titanium Level so I assume breakfast will be given in most places. All suggestions are welcome.

TIA
Start at post # 61.
Old Apr 4, 2019, 4:56 pm

Programs: MUCCI; BAEC Lifetime Gold; Marriott Bonvoy Emeritus Titanium; Hertz#1, Avis President’s Club
Originally Posted by margarita girl
Start at post # 61.
Thank you.

Does anybody have an comments on the Courtyard Manhattan/Fifth Avenue?
margarita girl likes this.
Old Apr 5, 2019, 10:05 am

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, BAEC Bronze
I need some help for an upcoming trip to NYC. I've been plenty of times on business in Manhattan (usually in a FourPoints) and on both business and vacation in Brooklyn but I'm looking for the first time for a "vacation-quality" hotel in Manhattan. It's my girlfriend's first time in NY ever and we'd like to be central, even TimesSquare is an option.

What's important to us?
  • Full service or luxury property
  • Great breakfast (I'm a Titanium member)
  • Central location
Nice to have: a club lounge with snacks

I have 240k points available for 5 nights so a category 6 or 7 property would be great.

In a twist, I have a point reservation at the St. Regis for 240k points. I'm a little hesitant about confirming it because we'll be at the St. Regis Punta Mita later during this trip and the NYC part of the trip is supposed to be about exploring the city - not staying in the hotel 😅
Old Apr 5, 2019, 10:16 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by realityking
I need some help for an upcoming trip to NYC. I've been plenty of times on business in Manhattan (usually in a FourPoints) and on both business and vacation in Brooklyn but I'm looking for the first time for a "vacation-quality" hotel in Manhattan. It's my girlfriend's first time in NY ever and we'd like to be central, even TimesSquare is an option.

What's important to us?
  • Full service or luxury property
  • Great breakfast (I'm a Titanium member)
  • Central location
Nice to have: a club lounge with snacks

I have 240k points available for 5 nights so a category 6 or 7 property would be great.

In a twist, I have a point reservation at the St. Regis for 240k points. I'm a little hesitant about confirming it because we'll be at the St. Regis Punta Mita later during this trip and the NYC part of the trip is supposed to be about exploring the city - not staying in the hotel 😅
Keep the StR at 60k points. While I had some issues with service, the rooms are large, the location is excellent, butlers are awesome, and the breakfast benefit is one of the best of any Marriott, anywhere.
Old Apr 6, 2019, 2:16 pm

Programs: Accor Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond , Amex Platinum
For those that have experienced both Marriott Marquis and Renaissance at Time Square, what would you prefer ?
Old Apr 6, 2019, 5:35 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Originally Posted by Kacee
Keep the StR at 60k points. While I had some issues with service, the rooms are large, the location is excellent, butlers are awesome, and the breakfast benefit is one of the best of any Marriott, anywhere.
Agreed. For 60K you might as well keep the St Regis, though it’s very far away from the part of New York that I enjoy. There are not really great “vacation quality” hotels in Marriott IMO, but if I had to pick one other I’d probably go with the W Union Square - though in no way is it at the same level as the St Regis.

If not those, then I would avoid Marriott for this stay. The Standards or the Nomad are two cool hotel (groups)s.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.