Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Manhattan (NYC) (from Oct. 2018)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 22, 2020, 7:05 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Mr. BoH
Manhattan (NYC) Marriott Bonvoy Hotels Closed Permanently During COVID-19 Pandemic

The following hotels may be discussed in this thread however each property has indicated it closed during the COVID-19 pandemic and will not reopen.
  • Courtyard Herald Square
  • Courtyard 5th Avenue
  • Marriott East Side
  • W Downtown
  • The Maxwell
  • Gramercy Park Hotel
  • Courtyard Downtown/WTC
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Manhattan (NYC) (from Oct. 2018)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2024, 5:46 pm

Marriott (and Hilton as well for that matter) are all crazy expensive in Manhattan in terms of points. If its a Ritz for 100k per night or Residence Inn for 80k, go for the Ritz!
xyion1 likes this.
Old Mar 6, 2024, 6:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Recently stayed two separate nights at the Delta Hotel on 40th Street across from Port Authority. It is fine. No upgrade either time. The pantry is great and has hot breakfast (very realistic (maybe even actually real) eggs and roasted potatoes) along with plenty of other items AND cheap hot hors d'oevres in the afternoon/evening (once they had mini veggie egg rolls and either falafel or rice balls, the other time they just had the falafel/rice balls). Happy hour at the bar is buy one drink, get one half-off on just about everything.

The 08 line is a corner room but is smaller than 09, which is adjacent to an elevator. I preferred the 09 room.

The window shade does not block out a narrow bar of light at the bottom, so you can see when it is daylight very clearly

I would definitely return here and probably will. On my corporate rate I paid $110 one night and $125 another night.

-J.
ysolde likes this.
Old Mar 6, 2024, 7:18 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, IHG Diamond, Omni Platinum
Originally Posted by Schnit
Marriott (and Hilton as well for that matter) are all crazy expensive in Manhattan in terms of points. If its a Ritz for 100k per night or Residence Inn for 80k, go for the Ritz!
I agree with this 100% but would extend the statement to include cash stays too. And on top of that, you generally don't get a quality breakfast below the $250-$300 price point. IHG and Hyatt are definitely much better values in NYC if you have top status in those programs.

I really wanted to stay at a Marriott for 2 nights this weekend on cash, but my 4 night IHG pts stay was a way better value than anything that Marriott or IHG offered.
Old Mar 8, 2024, 11:09 am

Four Points Chelsea disappeared 5 days ago and seems to be closed. My reservation disappeared as well and is found under cancelled without any kind of notification or email by the hotel. Any suggestions or experience?
Old Mar 8, 2024, 1:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by Established1985
Four Points Chelsea disappeared 5 days ago and seems to be closed. My reservation disappeared as well and is found under cancelled without any kind of notification or email by the hotel. Any suggestions or experience?
Oh no. I hope everything is okay -- I quite like that property. I don't like that you can't do room charges at the bar (as it's technically a separate establishment) but the staff there was always friendly and my favorite African restaurant is a block away.

-J.
Old Mar 9, 2024, 4:58 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Appears that it left Marriott stable and is now operating as the The Chelsean New York (no affiliation)
Established1985 likes this.
Old Mar 9, 2024, 5:56 am

Thx for this hint. So what’s happening with my previous reservation in less than 2 weeks? There was no communication at all so far
Old Mar 9, 2024, 7:04 am

Programs: MR LT Titanium, IHG Plat.,UA Premier Silver, & PA/OH Turnpike Million Miler
Thx for this hint. So what’s happening with my previous reservation in less than 2 weeks? There was no communication at all so far
A few options:

1) Call the property, their phone number is 212-627-1888 and ask if they will honor the rate you had booked via Marriott. Note, they have the barest minimums of a website up so far. It does have a reserve button which takes you to Synxis, an independent hotel reservations platform. You could also check the quoted rates on the Synxis platform first to see if the rates are less than or equal to your previously booked rate. If you select this option, you won't earn any Marriott Bonvoy points nor night credits for your stay.

2) Call Marriott Bonvoy CS and see if they will book you at another nearby property at the same rate you had for The Four Points.

3) Book your own alternate arrangements..

In any case, it is good you figured this out a couple of weeks before your stay rather than upon arrival. Good luck!

--Jon
Old Mar 9, 2024, 9:26 am

Originally Posted by Jon Maiman
A few options:

1) Call the property, their phone number is 212-627-1888 and ask if they will honor the rate you had booked via Marriott. Note, they have the barest minimums of a website up so far. It does have a reserve button which takes you to Synxis, an independent hotel reservations platform. You could also check the quoted rates on the Synxis platform first to see if the rates are less than or equal to your previously booked rate. If you select this option, you won't earn any Marriott Bonvoy points nor night credits for your stay.

2) Call Marriott Bonvoy CS and see if they will book you at another nearby property at the same rate you had for The Four Points.

3) Book your own alternate arrangements..

In any case, it is good you figured this out a couple of weeks before your stay rather than upon arrival. Good luck!

--Jon
Thank you very much for your detailed feedback/input, appreciate.

Sent an email to customer care, let them deal with that and made a backup reservation just in case.

Kindly regards
Old Mar 9, 2024, 1:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

What a shame. I should have gone last week while I still had the chance

-J.
Old Mar 10, 2024, 3:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by LSEGallipot
Appears that it left Marriott stable and is now operating as the The Chelsean New York (no affiliation)
That's a shame. I've stayed here quite a few times over the last couple of years. I quite liked this property.
Old Mar 10, 2024, 3:01 pm

Originally Posted by drod
I agree with this 100% but would extend the statement to include cash stays too. And on top of that, you generally don't get a quality breakfast below the $250-$300 price point. IHG and Hyatt are definitely much better values in NYC if you have top status in those programs.

I really wanted to stay at a Marriott for 2 nights this weekend on cash, but my 4 night IHG pts stay was a way better value than anything that Marriott or IHG offered.
There are several HIX in midtown that are $400 cash but usually under 40,000, so a great value.
Old Mar 16, 2024, 2:43 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Does the Westin or Renaissance on Times Square have a lounge?

And which one of those has a better breakfast?
Old Mar 16, 2024, 10:54 pm

Best view from a standard room?

Looking to use an 85k FNC on a one-night stay in midtown, and my only requirement is a great view from a high floor. It looks like the Residence Inn Midtown/Central Park might be a sure bet, but I can use a 35k or 50k there on many nights, so it feels like a waste. Any other good options?

I don't want to book a second property with a NUA and hope it clears, as I've heard those can be reversed at check-in.

Last edited by budgetmiles; Mar 18, 2024 at 7:03 am
Old Mar 29, 2024, 10:46 am

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by budgetmiles
Looking to use an 85k FNC on a one-night stay in midtown, and my only requirement is a great view from a high floor. It looks like the Residence Inn Midtown/Central Park might be a sure bet, but I can use a 35k or 50k there on many nights, so it feels like a waste. Any other good options?

I don't want to book a second property with a NUA and hope it clears, as I've heard those can be reversed at check-in.

Unfortunately, I do not think that any hotel will guarantee a "great view from a high floor" on a rewards stay.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.