Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Manhattan (NYC) (from Oct. 2018)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 22, 2020, 7:05 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Mr. BoH
Manhattan (NYC) Marriott Bonvoy Hotels Closed Permanently During COVID-19 Pandemic

The following hotels may be discussed in this thread however each property has indicated it closed during the COVID-19 pandemic and will not reopen.
  • Courtyard Herald Square
  • Courtyard 5th Avenue
  • Marriott East Side
  • W Downtown
  • The Maxwell
  • Gramercy Park Hotel
  • Courtyard Downtown/WTC
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Manhattan (NYC) (from Oct. 2018)

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2023, 3:29 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
I have a night at Hyatt Centric in June for 176 USD. The same night the AC TS is 239, Courtyard 5th is $275, Springhill 215, RI $277

I've never stayed at a centric but it is considerably cheaper than these limited service brands. I've decided to pull a EE and change hotels every night for a while to get the brand explorer badges.

The Dream midtown was $206 and I'm deciding between Hyatt Herald or Hyatt Grand Central to get the Hyatt badge to get 10 badges. All considerably cheaper than Marriotts at same night.

I'll either then just rest at PH, Thompson or Andaz for a while or will keep hopping to get to 13-14 badges at Inbounds etc.

I fully expected to stay at marriotts this trip but the prices don't make sense. I thought they'd be cheaper than Hyatt and promised my wife I won't stay at Hyatts just to requalify for Globalist. Has to be done organically. And I don't expect any globalist benefits aside from free parking
Old Jun 1, 2023, 7:19 pm

Originally Posted by Radiation Station;[url=tel:35289509
35289509[/url]]This is the way.
Thanks for the advice. I booked a hotel, just to secure one on Wednesday. Then I checked today and the one I really wanted dropped from 320k to 258k and ended up getting a room there. Thanks again!
Mr. BoH and Radiation Station like this.
Old Jun 1, 2023, 8:05 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott LT Titanium
Any thoughts on the Sheraton in Tribeca?
Old Jun 2, 2023, 9:03 am

Location: Formerly Box 350, Boston Mass, Oh two one three four. Now near Beverly Hills 90210
Programs: Loyal Order of Water Buffalos
Originally Posted by elmira56925
Any thoughts on the Sheraton in Tribeca?
It has a pretty active thread of it's own. We really like it, others aren't as crazy about it. Good location near many subway stations, decent b'fast for Platinum on up. Small rooms.
elmira56925 likes this.
Old Jun 2, 2023, 9:49 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Personally I like the SOHO one. The hotel is so so, but location can't be beat!
Old Jun 19, 2023, 4:48 am

Programs: Star Alliance G*, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium,
avoid Marriott Marquis

I recently completed a 3-nigh stay at the Marriott Marquis. The highlights? Great views of the East River and the staff in the M Lounge.
The low lights? I experienced many:
- 4 pm late checkout does not exist at this property. 2 pm is it;
- the M Lounge closes from Thursday through Sunday and closes w/o advance notice;
- the evening offerings in the M Lounge are limited by European standards i.e. no complimentary beer or wine, few salads, no fruit;
- the fitness offerings are limited.
I tried w/o success to access standard Marriott offerings e.g. bottled water, extra towels, a bathrobe. All of them were denied for - guess what? - COVID.
I recommend the Marriott downtown, the Westin Grand Central, or the Sheraton Time Square. Avoid the Marriott Marquis. Leave it for the tourists.
Old Jul 24, 2023, 5:49 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy, Accor Club, Miles and More
Hi there,

I'm planning a family trip with my wife and two kids for the first weekend in December. As Titanium member, I have plenty of points and also many SNA available. I noticed the St Regis and RC NoMad are both at 502.000 rooms for two double rooms for two nights (do they have connecting rooms) or the NY Edition at 320.000 also for two double rooms. Any thoughts from the group of what would make most sense? At the St Regis, I could use the SNAs but only for the Grand Luxe room and I'm not sure if this would be worth it. Curious to hear any advice...

Last edited by jwahl; Jul 24, 2023 at 6:29 pm
Old Jul 24, 2023, 6:11 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by jwahl
Hi there,

I'm planning a family trip with my wife and two kids for the first weekend in December. I have plenty of points and also many SNA available. I noticed the St Regis and RC NoMad are both at 502.000 rooms for two double rooms for two nights (do they have connecting rooms) or the NY Edition at 320.000 also for two double rooms. Any thoughts from the group of what would make most sense? At the St Regis, I could use the SNAs but only for the Grand Luxe room and I'm not sure if this would be worth it. Curious to hear any advice...
Of those properties? StR is the better value with elite breakfast and decent value for your destination fee. Edition and RC are known for minimal elite benefits (no breakfast), and these properties in particular are known for being very tight on upgrades. The Edition location is really excellent, which is the only thing that swings in its favor IMO.
Old Jul 25, 2023, 2:50 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by jwahl
Hi there,

I'm planning a family trip with my wife and two kids for the first weekend in December. As Titanium member, I have plenty of points and also many SNA available. I noticed the St Regis and RC NoMad are both at 502.000 rooms for two double rooms for two nights (do they have connecting rooms) or the NY Edition at 320.000 also for two double rooms. Any thoughts from the group of what would make most sense? At the St Regis, I could use the SNAs but only for the Grand Luxe room and I'm not sure if this would be worth it. Curious to hear any advice...
I would personally go for the EDITION, I think it’s better value for points. We stayed in May and the location is indeed excellent.
Old Jul 25, 2023, 6:09 am

Originally Posted by Antonio8069
I recently completed a 3-nigh stay at the Marriott Marquis. The highlights? Great views of the East River and the staff in the M Lounge.
The low lights? I experienced many:
- 4 pm late checkout does not exist at this property. 2 pm is it;
- the M Lounge closes from Thursday through Sunday and closes w/o advance notice;
- the evening offerings in the M Lounge are limited by European standards i.e. no complimentary beer or wine, few salads, no fruit;
- the fitness offerings are limited.
I tried w/o success to access standard Marriott offerings e.g. bottled water, extra towels, a bathrobe. All of them were denied for - guess what? - COVID.
I recommend the Marriott downtown, the Westin Grand Central, or the Sheraton Time Square. Avoid the Marriott Marquis. Leave it for the tourists.
If you are going to a midweek Broadway show a great place to stay, other than that, avoid. And if by some miracle they give you use an SNA and you get an actual suite. No late check out at all, even for Ambassadors with a guaranteed pre arrival late check out. Suites are no late check out for anyone. If I had know that, I would have stayed in my double, I was blindsided getting my 79 yr old Aunt out early, to lunch, getting our bags out of a chaotic lobby area and down to our driver.
Antonio8069 likes this.
Old Oct 5, 2023, 1:02 pm

Programs: BONVOY Plat • IHG Plat • HH Gold • UA Silver
Spending the first week of november in NYC with my wife and - for the first time - our 1yr old daughter.

I love a high floor room with great views, so the past years we stayed at the Moxy and Springhill in Chelsea, and the W and Moxy in Downtown. However, we will also need some space for the baby, so the Moxies (or whatever is the plural form) are out of the question. I have a booking to the Renaissance Chelsea and hoping for an early opening of the new Aloft Chelsea, but still looking for other options. Any recommendations?

Side question, how do you secure a room with the best possible view without being some kind of Insta-influencer? I don't mind paying the price, but there is only one "city view" option, which usually means somewhere between floor 15-30. I used to ask for the highest floor possible, but usually ended up lower.
Old Oct 5, 2023, 2:26 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, AA ExecPlat, Amtrak Select Exec, former WN apologist
Originally Posted by gborz
Spending the first week of november in NYC with my wife and - for the first time - our 1yr old daughter.

I love a high floor room with great views, so the past years we stayed at the Moxy and Springhill in Chelsea, and the W and Moxy in Downtown. However, we will also need some space for the baby, so the Moxies (or whatever is the plural form) are out of the question. I have a booking to the Renaissance Chelsea and hoping for an early opening of the new Aloft Chelsea, but still looking for other options. Any recommendations?

Side question, how do you secure a room with the best possible view without being some kind of Insta-influencer? I don't mind paying the price, but there is only one "city view" option, which usually means somewhere between floor 15-30. I used to ask for the highest floor possible, but usually ended up lower.
If high floors are paramount, you might check out the Residence Inn Central Park - I believe all rooms are on floors 35-65 (the Courtyard occupies the floors below 35).
Marykatesmom and Kacee like this.
Old Oct 5, 2023, 2:53 pm

Programs: MR LT Titanium, IHG Plat.,UA Premier Silver, & PA/OH Turnpike Million Miler
Originally Posted by Mr. BoH
If high floors are paramount, you might check out the Residence Inn Central Park - I believe all rooms are on floors 35-65 (the Courtyard occupies the floors below 35).
Also, even in NYC, Residence Inn rooms should be slightly larger and will have a full size fridge and a microwave and a sitting area. That could also come in handy with a baby. Enjoy your trip.

--Jon
Marykatesmom likes this.
Old Oct 13, 2023, 9:51 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
I didn't see a separate thread for this property, but please move this post if there is one. Just completed a stay at the Fairfield Inn and Suites Queensboro Bridge. The hotel is very convenient to 3 different subway stations and a bus to midtown, and it's barely 15 minutes by subway to midtown or even 59th/5th, and 30 minutes to most other Manhattan locations where a transfer is needed. From JFK, the AirTrain to the E train, to Queens Plaza station and short walk, and from LGA, the shuttle bus to Jackson Heights, then the E or F train to Queens Plaza and a short walk.

I had very limited interaction with the staff - the only staff I encountered were at the front desk. The room was very small, and my promised Manhattan/Bridge view was actually through a small side window that was blocked by a blind that wouldn't go up, and the only option was to stand there and look through it, it was not visible from the bed. It was impossible to figure out whether the AC was controlled by the wall unit or the machine control pad, and the AC was very anemic - I could only imagine how hot the room must get in the summer. Room was generally clean, except the bathroom had a giant hair right on the counter - it's not possible the maid couldn't notice that while cleaning. Shampoo/BodyWash/Conditioner bottles were not attached or secured to the shower wall and just loose on the counter. I didn't try their breakfast, so I can't comment on it.

The hotel appears to be used to house migrants - I think I was the only guest there who was not a migrant, and I'm not exaggerating. The front desk area was filled with emergency care packages for childcare, clothes and other supplies for distribution to the migrants, and while this didn't really make a difference to me personally, aside from many strange looks from the migrants themselves, I feel the hotel should have notified guests in advance it was being utilized for emergency shelter purposes.

I like the price/value for the area, but had a better experience at the Aloft around the corner last time, so I would probably return to the Aloft or another property instead of the Fairfield.
Out of my Element likes this.
Old Oct 14, 2023, 11:15 am

Location: Formerly Box 350, Boston Mass, Oh two one three four. Now near Beverly Hills 90210
Programs: Loyal Order of Water Buffalos
Useful review, bocastephen . Funny that TripAdvisor has it ranked 9th of 41 hotels in LIC, when most of it's "recent" reviews are dreadful, and it hasn't even had a review in 2+ years

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Re..._New_York.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.