Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Manhattan (NYC) (from Oct. 2018)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 22, 2020, 7:05 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Mr. BoH
Manhattan (NYC) Marriott Bonvoy Hotels Closed Permanently During COVID-19 Pandemic

The following hotels may be discussed in this thread however each property has indicated it closed during the COVID-19 pandemic and will not reopen.
  • Courtyard Herald Square
  • Courtyard 5th Avenue
  • Marriott East Side
  • W Downtown
  • The Maxwell
  • Gramercy Park Hotel
  • Courtyard Downtown/WTC
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Manhattan (NYC) (from Oct. 2018)

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2019, 6:46 pm

Programs: Alaska
How is Springhill suites Manhattan/Times Square South? The price is okay in December.

It is one of the newer ones.
Old May 3, 2019, 4:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by Lore
I just wrapped up a stay at the Sheraton Tribeca and the New York Marriott Downtown (both during the same trip). The Sheraton is in a better spot but the rooms are old and tired. The service was great in the lounge and at the front desk, but the lounge got full really quickly. Food options were so-so, but they made good drip coffee so there's that.

If you get a renovated room at the New York Marriott Downtown, I think you'll be pretty happy. The rooms are a decent size and the refresh makes a huge difference. Nice lounge too, with better food options than at the Sheraton Tribeca. But it's downtown so it's a bit further away from everything.
Can you elaborate on the lounge food options between the two properties? Why was the Marriott better? (I am a vegetarian in case that matters.)

Did the Marriott waive the destination fee?
Old May 3, 2019, 10:49 am

Programs: UA PP, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by margarita girl
Can you elaborate on the lounge food options between the two properties? Why was the Marriott better? (I am a vegetarian in case that matters.)

Did the Marriott waive the destination fee?
The breakfast options at the Sheraton Tribeca was more basic and lacked finesse, but they offered scrambled eggs (with yolk and just egg whites), a sausage dish, and then a bunch of pastries and bread. They also had some yogurt options. The New York Downtown Marriott had scrambled eggs (only with yolk), great bacon, and a better selection of pastries. As a vegetarian you'll probably find that the options are more or less the same, but the quality of the food was better at the Marriott. In the evenings, the Sheraton offered some cheese and cold cuts and free wine/beer. The Marriott had a nicer selection of hor d'oeuvres and an honor bar wine/liquor selection.

The lounge at the Marriott - newly renovated - is way nicer than the Sheraton, but the Sheraton has an outdoor area which the Marriott doesn't have.

By the way, if the Sheraton lounge is full, they'll give you a card and send you to the restaurant in the lobby (if you don't want to wait). The food options are the same, but you have to pay for coffee and juice. I complained about this and was able to get it removed from my bill without any trouble, but just be aware.
margarita girl likes this.

Last edited by Lore; May 3, 2019 at 10:56 am
Old May 5, 2019, 4:46 pm

Location: Formerly Box 350, Boston Mass, Oh two one three four. Now near Beverly Hills 90210
Programs: Loyal Order of Water Buffalos
we were given that card on our most recent prior visit to the Tribeca Sheraton but were not charged for tea or juice. We were just back at that property this weekend and I've posted on that board some comments.
Old May 8, 2019, 11:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by freed0m
How is Springhill suites Manhattan/Times Square South? The price is okay in December.

It is one of the newer ones.
I have the same question. There is a Fairfield connected to it as well. I am wondering if one or the other is quieter.
Old May 10, 2019, 6:06 am

Programs: HiltonH-Diamond, IHG-Plat, Hyatt-Diamond,SPG-newbie
Herald area?

Which would you guys prefer :
resident inn Manhattan time square
courtyard in Herald
Fairfield suites near that herald area

I’m trying to stay near 32nd St. near Macy but also walkable to Time square
Old May 10, 2019, 7:07 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by tdrag97
courtyard in Herald

Probably the Courtyard. I would also consider the Element.
Old May 10, 2019, 7:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by tdrag97
courtyard in Herald

Courtyard Herald Square -- no question. It's next to Macy's and a straight shot up Broadway to Times Square
bosman and tdrag97 like this.
Old May 10, 2019, 7:52 am

Programs: HiltonH-Diamond, IHG-Plat, Hyatt-Diamond,SPG-newbie
Thx all. Also near Korean town.. also notice TripAdvisor have more review at the resident inn time square .. is the courtyard a newer property?
Old May 10, 2019, 7:53 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Originally Posted by flyingeph12
I would also consider the Element.
That's probably the one property I would not have recommended. Personally I would do the 4PTS TS and the AC before I did the element.
Old May 10, 2019, 8:58 am

Originally Posted by christianj
That's probably the one property I would not have recommended. Personally I would do the 4PTS TS and the AC before I did the element.
Interesting. I would NOT recommend the 4 Points. I have always had a good experience at the Element, and it’s well located between Penn Station and TS (without feeling like it’s in TS). I haven’t stayed at the AC but did like the AC downtown.
Old May 10, 2019, 9:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Probably the Courtyard. I would also consider the Element.

Interesting. I would NOT recommend the 4 Points. I have always had a good experience at the Element, and it’s well located between Penn Station and TS (without feeling like it’s in TS). I haven’t stayed at the AC but did like the AC downtown.
i have stayed at the element & four points dozens of times & would recommend both....i also stayed at the courtyard herald square a couple of weeks ago & would recommend that as well....none of these are luxury properties but there is nothing wrong with either one of them & they are all well located (just far enough from times square but close enough if you want to be around the area)....

the only problem i have had with the element is using the elevators during breakfast hours....to counter this i have started asking for a room on one of the lower floors & just use the stairs instead....
flyingeph12 and tdrag97 like this.
Old May 10, 2019, 10:28 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Originally Posted by Keyser
the only problem i have had with the element is using the elevators during breakfast hours....to counter this i have started asking for a room on one of the lower floors & just use the stairs instead....
I think you meant to say using the elevator at ANY time of day. I have found the lower floor rooms to be very loud. I've also had a bad experiences with shabby rooms and the situation at breakfast is unbearable. All those things considered, if the price is right it definitely can still be an option. And as you said...none are luxury hotels so perfection is not expected.
Old May 10, 2019, 10:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
I think you meant to say using the elevator at ANY time of day. I have found the lower floor rooms to be very loud. I've also had a bad experiences with shabby rooms and the situation at breakfast is unbearable. All those things considered, if the price is right it definitely can still be an option. And as you said...none are luxury hotels so perfection is not expected.
not at all....breakfast is the only time i have had a problem with the elevator....rest of the time i've never had to wait more than a minute or so....also, i've never found the lower floor rooms to be loud....

i do agree that breakfast is a zoo here....
Old May 10, 2019, 4:16 pm

Originally Posted by Keyser
not at all....breakfast is the only time i have had a problem with the elevator....rest of the time i've never had to wait more than a minute or so....also, i've never found the lower floor rooms to be loud....

i do agree that breakfast is a zoo here....
Yeah, the elevator situation at the Element is pretty bad, but I know to give myself extra time in the morning. I’d rather just grab coffee on my way in the morning, so I don’t really care that breakfast is a zoo. I would agree that the Element in some ways is showing its age, but the beds and comforters are still great. I don’t really like the beds and thin comforters/rippled coverlets at Courtyards and other Marriott properties.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.