Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Lifetime Elite Status General Discussion [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 2, 2022, 8:48 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: gudugan
How to View Lifetime Status: https://help.marriott.com/s/article/Article-22489
Lifetime Status Details: https://help.marriott.com/s/article/Article-22145
Elite processing: https://help.marriott.com/s/article/Article-34363

How will my Eligible Status Years for 2022 be applied to my Account and when?

If you maintained the same Elite status in 2022 that you started with in 2022 , your 2022 Eligible Status Year for your current status will be applied to your Account in January 2023.

If you achieved a higher Elite status during 2022, your 2022 Eligible Status Year for the new, higher tier was applied at the time of achievement.

If you did not meet the published criteria to renew your current status in 2022, your 2022 Eligible Status Year for your current status will be added in January 2023, and your Eligible Status Year for your new status will be added in March 2023 when your Elite status is updated.

===

When will my 2021 qualifying year of Elite status be applied to my Account so I can track my path to Lifetime Elite Status?

As part of our regular process, Members receive their qualifying year towards Lifetime Elite status in one of two ways:
  1. If you maintain the same Elite level that you started the year with, your Qualifying Year of Elite status will be applied to your Account in January of the following year. Please Note: In November 2021, when we extended the Elite status that Members earned in 2019 or 2020, Members received their 2021 Qualifying Year of Elite status.
  2. If you achieve a higher Elite level during the year than the previous year, your Qualifying Year for the new, higher level will be applied at the time of achievement. Please Note: If you achieved a higher Elite level during 2021, your 2021 qualifying year of Elite status, was applied at the time of achievement.

If you maintain the same Elite level for 2022, your 2022 year of Elite status will be applied to your Account in January 2023. If you achieve a higher Elite level during 2022, your 2022 year of tenure for the new, higher level will be applied at the time of achievement.

Examples:
  • A Member achieved Gold Elite in 2019 and enjoyed the status in 2020. They received their 2020 year of Gold Elite status in July 2020 when we extended their status. Due to status extensions, the Member received their 2021 year of tenure in November 2021 when they their status was extended to February 2023.
  • A Member achieved Platinum Elite in 2020 and enjoyed the status in 2021. They received their 2021 year of Platinum status in November 2021 when they their status was extended to February 2023.
  • A Gold Elite Member achieved Platinum Elite in April 2021; the Platinum year of Elite status for 2021 was applied upon achievement (in April 2021).
Print Wikipost

Marriott Lifetime Elite Status General Discussion [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2019, 10:40 am

Programs: SQ Krisflyer, QR Privilege Club, MB LT Plt (1K+ nights thx MB)
Same here no movement on the year counter ... Maybe MAR meant that the year counter would be updated in January 2525...
Old Feb 1, 2019, 11:40 am

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by naumank
January has come and gone. Has anyone seen their LT Year count incremented for last year’s qualification?
Doesn't that go up when you meet the status requirement? I got platinum for the first time in August, migrated from the 50 night gold status, and my counter says 1 year of platinum during my lifetime which is correct.
Old Feb 1, 2019, 11:40 am

Programs: UA 1MM, Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by X-ON
Same here no movement on the year counter ... Maybe MAR meant that the year counter would be updated in January 2525...
I anticipate some big mess on Feb 13 if they haven’t sorted things out by now. (Considering reports of weird abnormalities over the past couple of days - some people got downgraded for no reason or upgraded without enough qualifying nights, etc.) I am really wondering what they are doing with no effective communication.

Last edited by naumank; Feb 1, 2019 at 12:06 pm
Old Feb 1, 2019, 11:41 am

Programs: DL: 2MM/DM Marriott: LT Platinum
Originally Posted by jtet
Ok, here's a weird one:

Lifetime Gold Elite requires 400 Lifetime Nights + 7 Years Gold Elite Status or Higher

I was LT Silver after the August merger, with over 7 years Gold and 316 nights at the end of 2018. Yesterday I look at the app and... I'm LT Gold. Checked on the web site today and also LT Gold. Despite not having the 400 nights. I wonder if that status will be rescinded at some point (if / when Marriott IT figures out they made a mistake) until I actually meet the 400 night requirement? Not worried, just amused.
I am in a similar situation: My status shows Lifetime Platinum even though I am a 40+ nights short of 600 but do have 10 years at Platinum.
Old Feb 1, 2019, 4:42 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Marriot Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum/2022 Titanium
Looks like that is happening to more than one person... (I know from experience! )
Old Feb 1, 2019, 5:32 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, HH Diamond, BW Diamond Select
Originally Posted by shukar
I am in a similar situation: My status shows Lifetime Platinum even though I am a 40+ nights short of 600 but do have 10 years at Platinum.
Same here...just waiting for the correction =S
Old Feb 1, 2019, 8:48 pm

Originally Posted by Toronto1970

Same here! I also made the year requirement but not the night requirement. I'm not too concerned either since I'll make the 400 nights soon enough (and Lifetime Gold isn't really that useful anyway). But like you, I’m amused and bewildered.

My wife and I had this happen (I'm at 273 nights, and she's at 298, with 7 & 8 years respectively), and I found a post that mentioned that Marriott was going to grant Lifetime Gold to all members hitting the SPG target of 250 and 5. Based on that, this looks to be accurate. Now the totals may be off, but that is a subject for another day!
Old Feb 1, 2019, 8:57 pm

Programs: Lifetime *G (MP), Lifetime PE (Bonvoy)
Originally Posted by shukar
Yes, I'm 28 nights short of Lifetime Platinum Elite qualifying but have 14 years as a Platinum; I read that Lifetime PE qualifications were being phased out on 31/12 so I'm hoping that I've been granted that status on the basis of "near enough is good enough" but frankly who knows? I guess I might found out when we're all Bonvoy-agers
Old Feb 1, 2019, 11:24 pm

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by RTWFF
Yes, I'm 28 nights short of Lifetime Platinum Elite qualifying but have 14 years as a Platinum; I read that Lifetime PE qualifications were being phased out on 31/12 so I'm hoping that I've been granted that status on the basis of "near enough is good enough" but frankly who knows? I guess I might found out when we're all Bonvoy-agers
Lifetime platinum elite is not being phased out. Lifetime platinum premier elite is.
Old Feb 2, 2019, 1:29 am

Programs: UA GS, Marriott Platinum Premier Elite, Hertz PC
Spoke with a guest experience supervisor from Marriott Senior Elite Services yesterday. She said the sweep was done on Monday, but some accounts will not see an increment in year counter until next Fri, Feb 8th. My app is currently showing 780 nights and 9 years, and the supervisor said I should see 10 years after next week, which qualifies me for LTPP.
Old Feb 2, 2019, 1:39 am

Programs: UA 1MM, Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by nexusCFX
Doesn't that go up when you meet the status requirement? I got platinum for the first time in August, migrated from the 50 night gold status, and my counter says 1 year of platinum during my lifetime which is correct.
It’s likely because you qualified for legacy gold prior to the merge of the two IT systems. I have yet to see evidence anyone who qualified for P after the merge has seen their LT year count incremented by now.
Old Feb 2, 2019, 2:20 am

It’s likely because you qualified for legacy gold prior to the merge of the two IT systems. I have yet to see evidence anyone who qualified for P after the merge has seen their LT year count incremented by now.
I see. Thank you.
Old Feb 2, 2019, 3:11 am

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Titanium and LTT
Originally Posted by dt408sc02
Spoke with a guest experience supervisor from Marriott Senior Elite Services yesterday. She said the sweep was done on Monday, but some accounts will not see an increment in year counter until next Fri, Feb 8th. My app is currently showing 780 nights and 9 years, and the supervisor said I should see 10 years after next week, which qualifies me for LTPP.
I really hope that’s correct as I am at 9 years Plat and 824 nights. I bent over backwards to get to 50 nights by December (all personal travel) so that I could see that 10th year, and I’ve yet to see it.
Old Feb 2, 2019, 4:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by joeags
My wife and I had this happen (I'm at 273 nights, and she's at 298, with 7 & 8 years respectively), and I found a post that mentioned that Marriott was going to grant Lifetime Gold to all members hitting the SPG target of 250 and 5. Based on that, this looks to be accurate. Now the totals may be off, but that is a subject for another day!

Actually, I wonder how my Marriott account managed to qualify for LT Gold with 360 nights and 5 yrs of Plat status (from UA). I certainly didn’t have enough points either. (Doesn’t really matter since I have LTPP with SPG account. I have not combined my accounts yet.)

Old Feb 3, 2019, 3:48 pm

I'm Lifetime Gold - but I haven't actually qualified yet?

I noticed a few days ago that my lifetime status is now gold (was previously silver). But I've only got 370 nights and 6 years as Gold or better under my belt, versus the 400 nights and 7 years required. I'm not going to look a gift horse in the mouth - and I'll qualify before the year is out regardless - but I'm puzzled by how this happened?

My real goal is to make it to lifetime Platinum, which I expect to achieve in four years. Or sooner if the glitches continue 😉

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.