Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Lifetime Elite Status General Discussion [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 2, 2022, 8:48 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: gudugan
How to View Lifetime Status: https://help.marriott.com/s/article/Article-22489
Lifetime Status Details: https://help.marriott.com/s/article/Article-22145
Elite processing: https://help.marriott.com/s/article/Article-34363

How will my Eligible Status Years for 2022 be applied to my Account and when?

If you maintained the same Elite status in 2022 that you started with in 2022 , your 2022 Eligible Status Year for your current status will be applied to your Account in January 2023.

If you achieved a higher Elite status during 2022, your 2022 Eligible Status Year for the new, higher tier was applied at the time of achievement.

If you did not meet the published criteria to renew your current status in 2022, your 2022 Eligible Status Year for your current status will be added in January 2023, and your Eligible Status Year for your new status will be added in March 2023 when your Elite status is updated.

===

When will my 2021 qualifying year of Elite status be applied to my Account so I can track my path to Lifetime Elite Status?

As part of our regular process, Members receive their qualifying year towards Lifetime Elite status in one of two ways:
  1. If you maintain the same Elite level that you started the year with, your Qualifying Year of Elite status will be applied to your Account in January of the following year. Please Note: In November 2021, when we extended the Elite status that Members earned in 2019 or 2020, Members received their 2021 Qualifying Year of Elite status.
  2. If you achieve a higher Elite level during the year than the previous year, your Qualifying Year for the new, higher level will be applied at the time of achievement. Please Note: If you achieved a higher Elite level during 2021, your 2021 qualifying year of Elite status, was applied at the time of achievement.

If you maintain the same Elite level for 2022, your 2022 year of Elite status will be applied to your Account in January 2023. If you achieve a higher Elite level during 2022, your 2022 year of tenure for the new, higher level will be applied at the time of achievement.

Examples:
  • A Member achieved Gold Elite in 2019 and enjoyed the status in 2020. They received their 2020 year of Gold Elite status in July 2020 when we extended their status. Due to status extensions, the Member received their 2021 year of tenure in November 2021 when they their status was extended to February 2023.
  • A Member achieved Platinum Elite in 2020 and enjoyed the status in 2021. They received their 2021 year of Platinum status in November 2021 when they their status was extended to February 2023.
  • A Gold Elite Member achieved Platinum Elite in April 2021; the Platinum year of Elite status for 2021 was applied upon achievement (in April 2021).
Print Wikipost

Marriott Lifetime Elite Status General Discussion [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2019, 9:32 am

Programs: SPG Plat AA EXP 2.5MM
My Plat year count went from 9 to 10 last week but they still have not moved me to LT Plat based on the old SPG rules which I hit in December.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 9:36 am

Programs: SQ Krisflyer, QR Privilege Club, MB LT Plt (1K+ nights thx MB)
Originally Posted by caymancanuck
My Plat year count went from 9 to 10 last week but they still have not moved me to LT Plat based on the old SPG rules which I hit in December.
May I ask if you had combined the accounts when you qualified for Plt and was the qualification based on 50+ nights or 25+ stays?

Last edited by X-ON; Jan 25, 2019 at 9:46 am
Old Jan 25, 2019, 12:18 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Titanium
I've been curious about this as well. I re-qualified for Platinum in December, but have not seen the lifetime counter increase yet.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 3:12 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat / LT Plat / 3MM, Delta Plat, Bonvoy LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Where can you see the total nights for last year? I only see total lifetime nights.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 5:19 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, Hilton HHonors Gold, Marriott Platinum
Folks. Here is my lifetime status stats with Marriott. I am Lifetime Silver currently.

Nights: 268
Years as Silver, Gold or Platinum: 13
Years as Gold or Platinum: 10
Years as Platinum: 7

Lifetime Gold Elite
400 Lifetime Nights + 7 Years Gold Elite Status or Higher

Should I rush for lifetime gold given the fact Marriott started an Elite Challenge this month?
Old Jan 25, 2019, 5:45 pm

Originally Posted by LAKnight
Folks. Here is my lifetime status stats with Marriott. I am Lifetime Silver currently.

Nights: 268
Years as Silver, Gold or Platinum: 13
Years as Gold or Platinum: 10
Years as Platinum: 7

Lifetime Gold Elite
400 Lifetime Nights + 7 Years Gold Elite Status or Higher

Should I rush for lifetime gold given the fact Marriott started an Elite Challenge this month?
I am confused, how is it with 268 nights you can have 7 yeas of platinum status?
Old Jan 25, 2019, 5:55 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, Hilton HHonors Gold, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by dealhunter999
I am confused, how is it with 268 nights you can have 7 yeas of platinum status?
To be honest, I have no clue how Marriott calculated the my platinum years with them. I did Platinum elite challenge 5 years ago from Marriott, and 9 years ago with SPG.

Anyway, would you suggest me to aim for Lifetime Gold in this case?
Old Jan 25, 2019, 10:12 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Currently I can't see lifetime elite years on either account, just 2019 nights and lifetime total nights.
Old Jan 26, 2019, 8:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Currently I can't see lifetime elite years on either account, just 2019 nights and lifetime total nights.
This direct link still works for me on the website, when logged in:
https://www.marriott.com/rewards/myA...ightDetails.mi
Old Jan 26, 2019, 8:50 am

Programs: Marriott-Lifetime Titanium
Notice of Status

Looking at the T&C's for the Elite Program, has anyone received this notification?

*** Achievement of Lifetime Platinum Premier Elite Status is only available until December 31, 2018 and will not be continued thereafter. Members will receive notice of this one-time Lifetime achievement and benefits will begin in January 2019.
Old Jan 26, 2019, 9:38 am

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by swag
This direct link still works for me on the website, when logged in
AFAIK, that's the only way to get the information.
Old Jan 26, 2019, 10:09 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
AFAIK, that's the only way to get the information.
I had been logging in and then clicking on something in my account to see lifetime details. The link is gone now when I look at my account, although I am able to see lifetime nights.
Old Jan 27, 2019, 7:10 am

Programs: Delta DM, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hertz PC
FINALLY! Lifetime Platinum Premier!

For me, the sweep happened last night. I checked app yesterday and was still Lifetime Platinum. Today, LT Platinum Premier Elite. The web site has been wonky, to say the least, showing any lifetime status and instead just threw gateway errors, but it too, today, now shows Lifetime Platinum Premier Elite status and no errors. I was at 753 nights at EOY, and I took a weird jump from 9 Plat years to 12 after merging accounts, so I was sweating it a bit. Very relieved!

Last edited by bergamini; Jan 27, 2019 at 7:16 am
Old Jan 27, 2019, 7:42 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXPPLT, United 1K, *wood PLT, Delta Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Southwest A-list
The same happened to me. Lifetime Platinum Premier this morning. Exciting
Markie likes this.
Old Jan 27, 2019, 7:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ua mm, aa plat, starriott LTPP, ihg plat, hh gold.
woohoo! mine changed as well. Lifetime platinum premier elite. :-:

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.