Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Lifetime Elite Status General Discussion [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 2, 2022, 8:48 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: gudugan
How to View Lifetime Status: https://help.marriott.com/s/article/Article-22489
Lifetime Status Details: https://help.marriott.com/s/article/Article-22145
Elite processing: https://help.marriott.com/s/article/Article-34363

How will my Eligible Status Years for 2022 be applied to my Account and when?

If you maintained the same Elite status in 2022 that you started with in 2022 , your 2022 Eligible Status Year for your current status will be applied to your Account in January 2023.

If you achieved a higher Elite status during 2022, your 2022 Eligible Status Year for the new, higher tier was applied at the time of achievement.

If you did not meet the published criteria to renew your current status in 2022, your 2022 Eligible Status Year for your current status will be added in January 2023, and your Eligible Status Year for your new status will be added in March 2023 when your Elite status is updated.

===

When will my 2021 qualifying year of Elite status be applied to my Account so I can track my path to Lifetime Elite Status?

As part of our regular process, Members receive their qualifying year towards Lifetime Elite status in one of two ways:
  1. If you maintain the same Elite level that you started the year with, your Qualifying Year of Elite status will be applied to your Account in January of the following year. Please Note: In November 2021, when we extended the Elite status that Members earned in 2019 or 2020, Members received their 2021 Qualifying Year of Elite status.
  2. If you achieve a higher Elite level during the year than the previous year, your Qualifying Year for the new, higher level will be applied at the time of achievement. Please Note: If you achieved a higher Elite level during 2021, your 2021 qualifying year of Elite status, was applied at the time of achievement.

If you maintain the same Elite level for 2022, your 2022 year of Elite status will be applied to your Account in January 2023. If you achieve a higher Elite level during 2022, your 2022 year of tenure for the new, higher level will be applied at the time of achievement.

Examples:
  • A Member achieved Gold Elite in 2019 and enjoyed the status in 2020. They received their 2020 year of Gold Elite status in July 2020 when we extended their status. Due to status extensions, the Member received their 2021 year of tenure in November 2021 when they their status was extended to February 2023.
  • A Member achieved Platinum Elite in 2020 and enjoyed the status in 2021. They received their 2021 year of Platinum status in November 2021 when they their status was extended to February 2023.
  • A Gold Elite Member achieved Platinum Elite in April 2021; the Platinum year of Elite status for 2021 was applied upon achievement (in April 2021).
Print Wikipost

Marriott Lifetime Elite Status General Discussion [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2019, 12:32 am

Programs: UA 1MM, Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by CCIE_Flyer
https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/terms/default.mi8.4 Correction of Benefits.

At any time and in the Company’s sole discretion (including, without limitation, where a Member was not eligible to earn a specific benefit pursuant to these Program Rules), the Company may correct (i) the amount of Points or the number of Qualifying Nights credited to a Member’s Account, and (ii) any other benefit that has been credited to a Member’s Account, including, without limitation, any Elite Membership Status or Lifetime Elite Membership Status.

Will they ever notice? Who knows, especially given the manual nature of the LT processing taking place in the background.
Contractually, I am sure they can cancel your account at any time at their discretion. But from a customer service’s perspective, should they do it? It’s a different question.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 12:20 pm

Programs: AA LT Plat, Bonvoy LTTit
notified sometime in Jan

about your new LTPP status. As the hours in Jan tick away, it seems odd there was no communication as they said there would be? Just silence, has Marriott always been like this and I am the last to know?
tfong007 likes this.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 1:23 pm

Programs: UA Gold/1.5MM (several years running now!), Marriott LTTE, Hertz Prez
Originally Posted by naumank
Contractually, I am sure they can cancel your account at any time at their discretion. But from a customer service’s perspective, should they do it? It’s a different question.
My opinion generally is that companies - particularly those in the travel industry - should aways strive to make customer-friendly decisions that foster loyalty. However, if someone clearly has not met the criteria for LT status, I fail to see any issue with their correcting that. It's just unfortunate that Marriott continues with amateur hour in the datacenter.
tfong007 likes this.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 1:38 pm

Originally Posted by ceber
about your new LTPP status. As the hours in Jan tick away, it seems odd there was no communication as they said there would be? Just silence, has Marriott always been like this and I am the last to know?
Clearly they are moving the goalposts. At this point, I am not surprised at all. The problem is Marriott’s size at this point. The management is not capable of managing such a large number of properties. Similarly, the IT is not equipped to handle the size and complexity either.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 2:15 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Platinum/LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
I was surprised to see that I'm also the recipient of an early LT status. I'm currently at 589 nights, but noticed a few days ago that I'm listed as LT Platinum. I'm PPE anyway and it's just a matter of a few more weeks, as I have a 5 night stay that hasn't posted yet, so doesn't really matter. But it's odd that they're proactively handing out LT statuses.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 6:45 pm

It’s interesting to see folks that are shy of the goal line qualifying, whereas some of us who crossed the line at the end of 2018 are still showing up with the wrong numbers, and/or the wrong status. Evidently they’re making a lot of changes, so I guess for now I’ll keep following along here and let the dust settle a bit before calling in.

For what it’s worth, I should have had 10 years platinum when the programs merged, but I was counted at 9. My number hasn’t fluctuated at all. I was going to qualify for another platinum year in 2019, so I figured this month my number would tick over to 10 anyway. No dice yet though...
Old Jan 31, 2019, 7:19 pm

Programs: Liftime Titanium Elite Marriott
You guys have really summed it up well. Gonna pop up as an article in the WSJ one of these days.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 8:56 pm

Originally Posted by JBord
I was surprised to see that I'm also the recipient of an early LT status. I'm currently at 589 nights, but noticed a few days ago that I'm listed as LT Platinum. I'm PPE anyway and it's just a matter of a few more weeks, as I have a 5 night stay that hasn't posted yet, so doesn't really matter. But it's odd that they're proactively handing out LT statuses.
It’s a complete mess the way Marriott deals with LT status. I apologize for repeating myself but why can they not communicate what’s going on? Inexcusable.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 11:58 pm

I'm not entirely sure this is a mistake.

Pre-merger SPG allowed people to qualify for LT Gold with 250 nights, and LT Plat with 500 nights. Supposedly LT qualification under pre-merger rules was permitted until the end of 2018.
RogerD408 likes this.
Old Feb 1, 2019, 6:15 am

This is getting out of control:

Until yesterday my lifetime status in the app and my regular Marriott online account reconciled. I don't know if they were correct but at least they were not blatantly wrong.
Now the app shows that I don't have any lifetime status at all, my online Marriott account claims I'm PLT, whereas the annual choice site says I'm PPLT.
What is quite funny is that the number of nights reconcile between my online account and the app. However, the app shows that I have never even made silver...
I am about to lose any faith in Marriott's IT department.

Anyone else with three different LT status?
Old Feb 1, 2019, 6:45 am

Originally Posted by nall

Pre-merger SPG allowed people to qualify for LT Gold with 250 nights, and LT Plat with 500 nights. Supposedly LT qualification under pre-merger rules was permitted until the end of 2018.
But didn't those nights and years have to be earned entirely on the SPG side in order to qualify for legacy SPG LTG/LTP (and entirely on the Marriott side in order to qualify for legacy Marriott LTG/LTP)? My husband now has new company LTG. He had enough years of status, but had fewer than 250 nights on the SPG side before combining accounts, fewer than 400 nights after combining accounts, and insufficient points to qualify on the Marriott side. I don't see how he qualified on either legacy track or on the combined track. Am I wrong/mis-remembering? Did qualifying through the legacy requirements allow combined years and nights?
Old Feb 1, 2019, 6:56 am

Programs: AA Plat/2MM, DL Silver, UA Silver (via Marr), Marr LTT, HH Gold (via cc), Hyatt Disc
Originally Posted by funkbandit
whereas the annual choice site says I'm PPLT.
IIRC, this was a pretty well documented bug covered in other threads.
CCIE_Flyer likes this.
Old Feb 1, 2019, 7:22 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Platinum/LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by nall

Even if 90% of the nights were earned at Marriott? I had a SPG account with less than 50 nights total, so over 500 earned at Marriott.

I did not qualify for LT anything under the pre-merger Marriott rules, as I don't have enough points accumulated. I was instantly made LT Gold a few months back and had stayed there until about a week ago. It looked like I had qualified correctly under the new rules -- if I had qualified under SPG rules, I actually would have been moved to LT Platinum instead of Gold at that time.

Again, for me, I'm only a few nights away from 600 anyway, but I wonder if there will be some clawed-back surprises for others.
Old Feb 1, 2019, 10:27 am

January has come and gone. Has anyone seen their LT Year count incremented for last year’s qualification?
Old Feb 1, 2019, 10:38 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by naumank
January has come and gone. Has anyone seen their LT Year count incremented for last year’s qualification?
My year counter is the same it has been for months yet I requalified as Platinum in 2018.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.