Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Lifetime Elite Status General Discussion [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 2, 2022, 8:48 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: gudugan
How to View Lifetime Status: https://help.marriott.com/s/article/Article-22489
Lifetime Status Details: https://help.marriott.com/s/article/Article-22145
Elite processing: https://help.marriott.com/s/article/Article-34363

How will my Eligible Status Years for 2022 be applied to my Account and when?

If you maintained the same Elite status in 2022 that you started with in 2022 , your 2022 Eligible Status Year for your current status will be applied to your Account in January 2023.

If you achieved a higher Elite status during 2022, your 2022 Eligible Status Year for the new, higher tier was applied at the time of achievement.

If you did not meet the published criteria to renew your current status in 2022, your 2022 Eligible Status Year for your current status will be added in January 2023, and your Eligible Status Year for your new status will be added in March 2023 when your Elite status is updated.

===

When will my 2021 qualifying year of Elite status be applied to my Account so I can track my path to Lifetime Elite Status?

As part of our regular process, Members receive their qualifying year towards Lifetime Elite status in one of two ways:
  1. If you maintain the same Elite level that you started the year with, your Qualifying Year of Elite status will be applied to your Account in January of the following year. Please Note: In November 2021, when we extended the Elite status that Members earned in 2019 or 2020, Members received their 2021 Qualifying Year of Elite status.
  2. If you achieve a higher Elite level during the year than the previous year, your Qualifying Year for the new, higher level will be applied at the time of achievement. Please Note: If you achieved a higher Elite level during 2021, your 2021 qualifying year of Elite status, was applied at the time of achievement.

If you maintain the same Elite level for 2022, your 2022 year of Elite status will be applied to your Account in January 2023. If you achieve a higher Elite level during 2022, your 2022 year of tenure for the new, higher level will be applied at the time of achievement.

Examples:
  • A Member achieved Gold Elite in 2019 and enjoyed the status in 2020. They received their 2020 year of Gold Elite status in July 2020 when we extended their status. Due to status extensions, the Member received their 2021 year of tenure in November 2021 when they their status was extended to February 2023.
  • A Member achieved Platinum Elite in 2020 and enjoyed the status in 2021. They received their 2021 year of Platinum status in November 2021 when they their status was extended to February 2023.
  • A Gold Elite Member achieved Platinum Elite in April 2021; the Platinum year of Elite status for 2021 was applied upon achievement (in April 2021).
Print Wikipost

Marriott Lifetime Elite Status General Discussion [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2019, 8:41 am
SPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Lifetime Titanium, Delta Plat, Hilton Diamond , Hyatt Globalist
LTPP on both the website and the APP ⭐️ 🌟 ⭐️
Old Jan 27, 2019, 10:44 am

Programs: Marriott-Lifetime Titanium
Although I didn't get a notification email; the sweep happened last night and I'm now Lifetime Plat Premier Elite!! Yay!
Old Jan 27, 2019, 1:01 pm

Programs: MB-LTT , HH-Diam., HGP-Expl.
Qualifying for LTPP with 2 MM Marriott points and 750 combined nights

As someone who would have only qualified for Lifetime Platinum Premier ("LTPP") if his Starwood nights were added to his Marriott night total, I am happy to provide additional confirmation that combined nights counted for LTPP in the previous Marriott program as they did under the Starwood one.

If this issue had been mentioned in a single place, I would have added it there. Because this subject has been discussed in several places within the Starwood and Marriott forums, I thought it would be better to create a new thread. Although it is too late to adjust stay patterns, I thought knowing that Starwood nights were considered for LTPP might make a difference to someone who had sufficient Marriott points for that status level but was a few nights short of 750 because of an undercount or a member who had enough combined nights but was overlooked in the January evaluation. Also, since points no longer matter for lifetime status, it wouldn't be shocking to hear that someone who met the combined criteria didn't get automatically upgraded.

A special thankyou to Starwood Lurker, William, who might have been the only person commenting on social media with actual knowledge of company policy that got it right. Even after William had confirmed with the Loyalty Department that combined nights counted under the Marriott criteria for Lifetime Platinum Premier ("LTPP"), some bloggers and posters on FlyerTalk and Marriott Rewards Insiders continued to insist that only Marriott nights counted. Although some of the commentariat was simply passing along what they had been told at some point in time, it would be hard to argue that we wouldn't be better served by trusting the Lurkers' answers more than those of the punditocracy.
Old Jan 27, 2019, 2:45 pm

Programs: MR/SPG Plat, HH Gold, DL PM
I'm not sure if I qualified based on points or years, because I had both as of 12/31, but I what I found interesting was that my 2m+ point balance also included SPG points, to the extent they were earned after 8/18.
Old Jan 27, 2019, 2:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
No legacy SPG points were part of any LT calculations, that's been made clear from Day 1

"Current point balance composed of both SPG and MR points" does not equal "points earned from LT earning with Marriott that was shown on the Marriott site pre-8/18"
margarita girl likes this.
Old Jan 27, 2019, 5:02 pm

Originally Posted by LAKnight
Folks. Here is my lifetime status stats with Marriott. I am Lifetime Silver currently.

Nights: 268
Years as Silver, Gold or Platinum: 13
Years as Gold or Platinum: 10
Years as Platinum: 7

Lifetime Gold Elite
400 Lifetime Nights + 7 Years Gold Elite Status or Higher

Should I rush for lifetime gold given the fact Marriott started an Elite Challenge this month?
Achieving lifetime status is a long process. LTG or gold status has same benefit.If you stay 132+ nights you will become LTG. However obtaining Marriott Gold on yearly basis is not difficult (you can get it via credit cars easily or Marriott challenge), so focus on maintaining yearly status and maximized the points accumulated until you reach LTG. After which you will find yourself aiming for LTP
Funny thing about lifetime status is it takes long time and probably when you achieve it, life demands you to stop travelling I am LTPP and no longer travel for business
Old Jan 27, 2019, 5:37 pm

Programs: UA 1K - 2.1MM, HH LT Diamond, IHG Diamond, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob
My account incorrectly shows a point expiration date despite being LTPPE. Does anyone else have this issue?
Old Jan 27, 2019, 5:39 pm

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
Originally Posted by Magic Pickles
My account incorrectly shows a point expiration date despite being LTPPE. Does anyone else have this issue?
Yes I have this too. It's a quirk with their IT
Old Jan 27, 2019, 5:39 pm
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
I also was updated overnight, as promised, to Lifetime Platinum Premier (Elite). Nice job, Marriott!
bdschobel, X-ON, bergamini and 1 others like this.
Old Jan 29, 2019, 11:14 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Marriott Platinum, Hertz Presidential Circle
LTPP for me too. Had over 750 nights and 14 years as plat. Never reached 2M points but made it on years. Yay!
Old Jan 30, 2019, 7:22 pm

Programs: UA MM, Marriott LT Plat
Ok, here's a weird one:

Lifetime Gold Elite requires 400 Lifetime Nights + 7 Years Gold Elite Status or Higher

I was LT Silver after the August merger, with over 7 years Gold and 316 nights at the end of 2018. Yesterday I look at the app and... I'm LT Gold. Checked on the web site today and also LT Gold. Despite not having the 400 nights. I wonder if that status will be rescinded at some point (if / when Marriott IT figures out they made a mistake) until I actually meet the 400 night requirement? Not worried, just amused.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 7:47 pm

Programs: UA Gold/1.5MM (several years running now!), Marriott LTTE, Hertz Prez
Originally Posted by jtet
Ok, here's a weird one:

Lifetime Gold Elite requires 400 Lifetime Nights + 7 Years Gold Elite Status or Higher

I was LT Silver after the August merger, with over 7 years Gold and 316 nights at the end of 2018. Yesterday I look at the app and... I'm LT Gold. Checked on the web site today and also LT Gold. Despite not having the 400 nights. I wonder if that status will be rescinded at some point (if / when Marriott IT figures out they made a mistake) until I actually meet the 400 night requirement? Not worried, just amused.
https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/terms/default.mi8.4 Correction of Benefits.

At any time and in the Company’s sole discretion (including, without limitation, where a Member was not eligible to earn a specific benefit pursuant to these Program Rules), the Company may correct (i) the amount of Points or the number of Qualifying Nights credited to a Member’s Account, and (ii) any other benefit that has been credited to a Member’s Account, including, without limitation, any Elite Membership Status or Lifetime Elite Membership Status.

Will they ever notice? Who knows, especially given the manual nature of the LT processing taking place in the background.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 9:04 pm

Programs: SQ, UA, Delta, BMI(RIP), Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond (Thanks Amex) Hyatt Discov
Marriott Website shows
Platinum Premier Lifetime Elite

Both old spg and Marriott IPhone Apps show
Lifetime Status
Lifetime Platinum Elite

Confused as to which one is correct
Old Jan 30, 2019, 9:42 pm

Programs: United Premier 1K
Originally Posted by jtet
Ok, here's a weird one:

Same here! I also made the year requirement but not the night requirement. I'm not too concerned either since I'll make the 400 nights soon enough (and Lifetime Gold isn't really that useful anyway). But like you, I’m amused and bewildered.

jtet likes this.

Last edited by Toronto1970; Jan 30, 2019 at 9:53 pm
Old Jan 30, 2019, 11:14 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Marriott LTG, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Toronto1970

Same here! I also made the year requirement but not the night requirement. I'm not too concerned either since I'll make the 400 nights soon enough (and Lifetime Gold isn't really that useful anyway). But like you, I’m amused and bewildered.

Marriott is good at correcting
I hope most of our status will be updated correctly over a period...after Aug 18, all my nights count and years of elite got messed up. Even though they never bothered to respond to my queries, all things sorted out by end of Nov 18. Similar to that,I believe the life time status also will be corrected and will reflect the correct status in due time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.