Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Lifetime Elite Status General Discussion [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 2, 2022, 8:48 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: gudugan
How to View Lifetime Status: https://help.marriott.com/s/article/Article-22489
Lifetime Status Details: https://help.marriott.com/s/article/Article-22145
Elite processing: https://help.marriott.com/s/article/Article-34363

How will my Eligible Status Years for 2022 be applied to my Account and when?

If you maintained the same Elite status in 2022 that you started with in 2022 , your 2022 Eligible Status Year for your current status will be applied to your Account in January 2023.

If you achieved a higher Elite status during 2022, your 2022 Eligible Status Year for the new, higher tier was applied at the time of achievement.

If you did not meet the published criteria to renew your current status in 2022, your 2022 Eligible Status Year for your current status will be added in January 2023, and your Eligible Status Year for your new status will be added in March 2023 when your Elite status is updated.

===

When will my 2021 qualifying year of Elite status be applied to my Account so I can track my path to Lifetime Elite Status?

As part of our regular process, Members receive their qualifying year towards Lifetime Elite status in one of two ways:
  1. If you maintain the same Elite level that you started the year with, your Qualifying Year of Elite status will be applied to your Account in January of the following year. Please Note: In November 2021, when we extended the Elite status that Members earned in 2019 or 2020, Members received their 2021 Qualifying Year of Elite status.
  2. If you achieve a higher Elite level during the year than the previous year, your Qualifying Year for the new, higher level will be applied at the time of achievement. Please Note: If you achieved a higher Elite level during 2021, your 2021 qualifying year of Elite status, was applied at the time of achievement.

If you maintain the same Elite level for 2022, your 2022 year of Elite status will be applied to your Account in January 2023. If you achieve a higher Elite level during 2022, your 2022 year of tenure for the new, higher level will be applied at the time of achievement.

Examples:
  • A Member achieved Gold Elite in 2019 and enjoyed the status in 2020. They received their 2020 year of Gold Elite status in July 2020 when we extended their status. Due to status extensions, the Member received their 2021 year of tenure in November 2021 when they their status was extended to February 2023.
  • A Member achieved Platinum Elite in 2020 and enjoyed the status in 2021. They received their 2021 year of Platinum status in November 2021 when they their status was extended to February 2023.
  • A Gold Elite Member achieved Platinum Elite in April 2021; the Platinum year of Elite status for 2021 was applied upon achievement (in April 2021).
Print Wikipost

Marriott Lifetime Elite Status General Discussion [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2019, 8:05 am

Originally Posted by PhoenixCMC
I checked the Bonvoy app and it shows 10 years Plat and Lifetime Plat status. Have never done 75 nights (and probably won't) so I assume Lifetime Titanium will never happen.
The issue is not 75 nights in a year. You needed 750 total nights (in addition to the 10 platinum years) prior to 12/31/18 for lifetime titanium. The 75 nights goes to titanium for a year, not lifetime.
Old Feb 16, 2019, 8:15 am

Programs: AA ExP (former HP/US), Marriott (former SPG) Lifetime Platinum, and most other major hotel programs
Originally Posted by Ord Liza
The issue is not 75 nights in a year. You needed 750 total nights (in addition to the 10 platinum years) prior to 12/31/18 for lifetime titanium. The 75 nights goes to titanium for a year, not lifetime.
Got it. I'm well under 700 nights and could never have gotten to 750 in time. Thanks for the explanation.
Old Feb 16, 2019, 10:01 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, WN A-List Preferred, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz President's Circle
I'm still nauseated over the fact that I had NO IDEA about the 750 night goal. I finished 2018 with 746 LT nights and 12 years platinum, thus...four nights short of Lifetime Titanium. I would have booked the friggin' Fairfield down the street to hit that goal if necessary.
I made Titanium this year and am Lifetime Platinum Elite, but still...
I emailed Marriott Rewards, er, BonVoy yesterday and received a ridiculous response from the main center in India. According to them, there is no such thing as Lifetime Titanium and my account shows five years of platinum and 500 nights, so I "still have to make platinum five more years in order to be eligible" (LOL). I've responded with screen shots of my account stats from the Marriott site, but no response.
Think I might get anywhere with a call to Utah? Been a MR member for 26 years, literally since I started traveling in college. I know there are probably people out there who were ONE night short, but...maybe?
Old Feb 16, 2019, 11:49 pm
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
What is the worst thing that could come from a phone call?
Old Feb 17, 2019, 2:12 pm

Programs: SA
700nights is unfortunate thing!
Old Feb 21, 2019, 7:46 pm

Not to look a gift horse in the mouth, but I never, as far as I know, ever attained Platinum Premiere status. However, I find myself listed as Lifetime Titanium Elite in my account status.

From the details:

Nights: 972
Years as Silver, Gold or Platinum: 16
Years as Gold or Platinum: 15
Years as Platinum: 14

A number of those years as Platinum were complimentary; they weren't technically earned by actual stays.

I suppose I should just stay quiet and be happy ...
Old Feb 21, 2019, 11:42 pm

Programs: Marriott PPE, LTP
Membership cards?

Has anyone requested a lifetime titanium membership card from Marriott and recieved one?
Old Feb 22, 2019, 7:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
Originally Posted by Dodge DeBoulet
Not to look a gift horse in the mouth, but I never, as far as I know, ever attained Platinum Premiere status. However, I find myself listed as Lifetime Titanium Elite in my account status.

From the details:

Nights: 972
Years as Silver, Gold or Platinum: 16
Years as Gold or Platinum: 15
Years as Platinum: 14

A number of those years as Platinum were complimentary; they weren't technically earned by actual stays.

I suppose I should just stay quiet and be happy ...
750+ nights and 10+ platinum years by 12/31/18 meets the criteria for LTTE. The only years that aren't supposed to count are years matched between old-MR and old-SPG. They've never said one way or the other about years comped by other methods, such as a match from UA. So you should be all set.
Dodge DeBoulet likes this.
Old Feb 26, 2019, 12:29 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC
As LTP, why am I seeing my points expiration date?

I'm Ti / LTP, but I'm still seeing "Your points won't expire as long as you stay or use points by XX/XX/2021?" Shouldn't my points never expire?

In the meantime, I saw the Bonvoy app on two of my friends' phones last night. They are both LTTi but neither qualified for Ti in 2018. Their current status shows Ti, and their apps both say "Your points won't expire based on your status."

What is that? Another Marriott IT screw-up?
Old Feb 26, 2019, 1:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
When in doubt, Marriott IT sucks and ruins everything
Kacee and xexs like this.
Old Feb 26, 2019, 8:58 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC
We are all blaming Marriott’s IT, but does anyone else have the same issue? Given the lack of reposnse, I assume no one else has experienced the same?
Old Feb 26, 2019, 9:08 pm

Programs: MAR AMB, WOH Explorist, AA EXP, UA 2P
Originally Posted by naumank
We are all blaming Marriott’s IT, but does anyone else have the same issue? Given the lack of reposnse, I assume no one else has experienced the same?
I'm only lifetime gold for now and have the "your points won't expire" verbiage. Probably just something wonky with your account for now.
Old Feb 26, 2019, 9:09 pm
SPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Lifetime Titanium, Delta Plat, Hilton Diamond , Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by naumank

I have the exact same issue

ETA- I have had for months but when I looked just now it’s corrected 🙃

Last edited by damon88; Feb 26, 2019 at 9:16 pm
Old Feb 26, 2019, 9:32 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
As LTG, I still see a 2-year expiration on my points. I doubt it'll ever come to that, though.
Old Feb 26, 2019, 9:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
My app says "Based on your account activity, your points wont expire". Am Ambassador now and LT Gold.

no idea what this means.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.