Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Lifetime Elite Status General Discussion [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 2, 2022, 8:48 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: gudugan
How to View Lifetime Status: https://help.marriott.com/s/article/Article-22489
Lifetime Status Details: https://help.marriott.com/s/article/Article-22145
Elite processing: https://help.marriott.com/s/article/Article-34363

How will my Eligible Status Years for 2022 be applied to my Account and when?

If you maintained the same Elite status in 2022 that you started with in 2022 , your 2022 Eligible Status Year for your current status will be applied to your Account in January 2023.

If you achieved a higher Elite status during 2022, your 2022 Eligible Status Year for the new, higher tier was applied at the time of achievement.

If you did not meet the published criteria to renew your current status in 2022, your 2022 Eligible Status Year for your current status will be added in January 2023, and your Eligible Status Year for your new status will be added in March 2023 when your Elite status is updated.

===

When will my 2021 qualifying year of Elite status be applied to my Account so I can track my path to Lifetime Elite Status?

As part of our regular process, Members receive their qualifying year towards Lifetime Elite status in one of two ways:
  1. If you maintain the same Elite level that you started the year with, your Qualifying Year of Elite status will be applied to your Account in January of the following year. Please Note: In November 2021, when we extended the Elite status that Members earned in 2019 or 2020, Members received their 2021 Qualifying Year of Elite status.
  2. If you achieve a higher Elite level during the year than the previous year, your Qualifying Year for the new, higher level will be applied at the time of achievement. Please Note: If you achieved a higher Elite level during 2021, your 2021 qualifying year of Elite status, was applied at the time of achievement.

If you maintain the same Elite level for 2022, your 2022 year of Elite status will be applied to your Account in January 2023. If you achieve a higher Elite level during 2022, your 2022 year of tenure for the new, higher level will be applied at the time of achievement.

Examples:
  • A Member achieved Gold Elite in 2019 and enjoyed the status in 2020. They received their 2020 year of Gold Elite status in July 2020 when we extended their status. Due to status extensions, the Member received their 2021 year of tenure in November 2021 when they their status was extended to February 2023.
  • A Member achieved Platinum Elite in 2020 and enjoyed the status in 2021. They received their 2021 year of Platinum status in November 2021 when they their status was extended to February 2023.
  • A Gold Elite Member achieved Platinum Elite in April 2021; the Platinum year of Elite status for 2021 was applied upon achievement (in April 2021).
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2018, 10:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by golfer727272
So after merging my Lifetime SPG platinum account over to MR my account shows a combined 1118 nights and 12 years at platinum.
That will make me LTPP as of Jan 2019 correct? but not before?
That is the current belief. Only those that were MR LTP were slated to become MPG LTPP, all the other ways to be done after year end.
Old Aug 26, 2018, 10:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ellinj
Any official word on if we should hold off on merging accounts if we are still trying to earn LT status in the old MR method?
I don't know about official word, but I would hold off to see whether a display of lifetime points (which is needed for tracking the old MR method) comes back, and if/when it comes back, whether it is visible to people who have merged or only to people who haven't merged. (The lifetime points counter was visible for a day or two after the 18th but not long enough for us to get datapoints about post-merging visibility. By the evening of the 20th it was already gone.)

What's the hurry? if you're concerned about old MR method of lifetime status before the end of the year, why not wait?
Old Aug 26, 2018, 7:32 pm

Programs: AA Plat/2MM, DL Silver, UA Silver (via Marr), Marr LTT, HH Gold (via cc), Hyatt Disc
Originally Posted by sdsearch
I don't know about official word, but I would hold off to see whether a display of lifetime points (which is needed for tracking the old MR method) comes back, and if/when it comes back, whether it is visible to people who have merged or only to people who haven't merged. (The lifetime points counter was visible for a day or two after the 18th but not long enough for us to get datapoints about post-merging visibility. By the evening of the 20th it was already gone.)

What's the hurry? if you're concerned about old MR method of lifetime status before the end of the year, why not wait?
I'm following this path. I don't expect the site to show MR legacy ponts, but I do think it may be easier to track legacy MR pont activity if I don't combine accounts. So, I am planning on waiting until I hit 2MM for LTPP and only then combine.
Old Aug 27, 2018, 8:57 am

Programs: UA GS 1.7MM, Hyatt Lifetime Glob, Marriott Titanium/Lifetime Platinum
After combining Marriott and SPG accounts, I am at 395 nights and 8 years at Platinum. With my next stay, I'll be at LT Gold. LT Platinum is definitely achievable - probably 3 years after this one.
Old Aug 27, 2018, 9:08 am

Programs: DL Gold, UA nothing (ex-GS), Marriott lifetime Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by CopperSteve
After combining Marriott and SPG accounts, I am at 395 nights and 8 years at Platinum. With my next stay, I'll be at LT Gold. LT Platinum is definitely achievable - probably 3 years after this one.
Where are you with points? Seems like you could potentially qualify under legacy rules by 12/31 if you wanted to push for it.
Old Aug 27, 2018, 10:56 am

Held my breath and merged accounts successfully!
im now lifetime platinum, quite happy
i can now have lounge access at Starwood hotels whereas only Marriott previously
Ten years platinum and 653 days so probably won’t get Platinum premiere but I’m fine with lifetime platinum
Old Aug 27, 2018, 11:16 am

Programs: UA GS 1.7MM, Hyatt Lifetime Glob, Marriott Titanium/Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by getagb

Where are you with points? Seems like you could potentially qualify under legacy rules by 12/31 if you wanted to push for it.
I'm at just under 1 million. I wouldn't make it to 1.6 million (which I believe is needed for "old" Gold) this year. In any case, isn't is also 500 nights in the old system?

Last edited by CopperSteve; Aug 27, 2018 at 11:19 am Reason: Typo
Old Aug 27, 2018, 1:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,

Originally Posted by swag
Nuance aside, mine is still not showing any LT status achieved. The app continues to show 701 nights, 14 years silver, and 10 years Plat, but still says "You are on your way to Lifetime Silver". The website shows the same nights total but that's all.

Is anyone else here still in this situation? Is it time to call, or will that be fruitless?
I sent an email thru the website on Friday. Today they finally answered the wrong question (no, I am not having merge issues). I responded, and their next reply says to just wait.

Thank you for taking the time to reach out to Marriott Customer Care today.

After further reviewing your account, I do see where your account should have been upgraded. At this time, we are still reviewing account and ask that you allow us 5-10 business days to fix your status.

I appreciate your patience during this time. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any further questions or concerns.
I had also tweeted at Marriott Rewards, no reply there yet.
Old Aug 27, 2018, 4:19 pm

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, DL PM/1MM, Marriott Amb/LT Titanium, HHonors Diamond, Priority Club Platinum, Hyatt Disc
Originally Posted by ellinj
Any official word on if we should hold off on merging accounts if we are still trying to earn LT status in the old MR method?
From other posts, it sounds as if it's ok to merge but it may complicate things as far as keeping track of LT Points. It would be nice if there was something official from Marriott regarding this...

Will only the points earned at legacy Marriott brands count towards the lifetime points total, meaning if I stayed at a Westin, those points, other than the Credit Card points, wouldn't count towards the 2M Points?

If I hold off on merging, then I would need to use my SPG number for Brands coming from Starwood and MR number for brands coming from legacy Marriott?
Old Aug 27, 2018, 7:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by wtigerFF
Will only the points earned at legacy Marriott brands count towards the lifetime points total, meaning if I stayed at a Westin, those points, other than the Credit Card points, wouldn't count towards the 2M Points?
The way we'd usually figure out such stuff is from datapoints. But with no one seeing lifetime points information (yet?), how are we supposed to get datapoints yet?

In a similar vein, I transferred 1000 Amex Membership Rewards points staright to Marriott last week, but I can't tell you yet if that counts toward lifetime points yet, because I haven't seen my lifetime points total since those points posted last week. (I did that transfer hoping I could tell everyone if it works or not, because the day before the transfer, but after the 18th, I was still able to see my lifetime points online. But by the time the transfer completed and then by the time I was able to log in again, the display of them was gone.)
Old Aug 27, 2018, 9:12 pm

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, DL PM/1MM, Marriott Amb/LT Titanium, HHonors Diamond, Priority Club Platinum, Hyatt Disc
Originally Posted by sdsearch
In a similar vein, I transferred 1000 Amex Membership Rewards points staright to Marriott last week, but I can't tell you yet if that counts toward lifetime points yet, because I haven't seen my lifetime points total since those points posted last week. (I did that transfer hoping I could tell everyone if it works or not, because the day before the transfer, but after the 18th, I was still able to see my lifetime points online. But by the time the transfer completed and then by the time I was able to log in again, the display of them was gone.)
I hadn't considered transferring from Amex MR. I'm wondering if this only helps after merging SPG and MR. I just looked at my Amex MR options and while it shows RC/MR/SPG, when I click on it, it says I'm transferring to Starwood. I will be interested to see what happens with your 1000 pt transfer once you can actually see your LT Points balance.
Old Aug 28, 2018, 6:35 am

Lifetime Status

Folks, I need your help. With the new combined accounts, I am Lifetime Gold, which is great. I think, however, I'm within striking distance to Lifetime Platinum. Here is what I copied and pasted from the website:

Lifetime Status

You can earn lifetime status by staying with us often. Once you reach lifetime status, it lasts forever.

Your lifetime statistics

Nights: 575

Years as Silver, Gold or Platinum: 24

Years as Gold or Platinum: 21

Years as Platinum: 13

Achieving lifetime status
  • Lifetime Silver Elite

250 Lifetime Nights + 5 Years Elite Status
  • Lifetime Gold Elite

400 Lifetime Nights + 7 Years Gold Elite Status or Higher
  • Lifetime Platinum Elite

600 Lifetime Nights + 10 Years Platinum Elite Status
If I am reading this correctly, I only need to stay 25 more nights in 2018 to reach Lifetime Platinum. Is that correct? Should I get that in writing from Marriott Rewards before I embark on the mattress run? Any help would be appreciated. Obviously, Lifetime Platinum is way better than Lifetime Gold, if for nothing else than the lounge access. I realize this isn't as good as the old Platinum. Thank you all in advance.
Old Aug 28, 2018, 6:44 am

Programs: AA Plat, A List Pref, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by PeakTek78
Folks, I need your help. With the new combined accounts, I am Lifetime Gold, which is great. I think, however, I'm within striking distance to Lifetime Platinum. Here is what I copied and pasted from the website:

Lifetime Status

You can earn lifetime status by staying with us often. Once you reach lifetime status, it lasts forever.

Your lifetime statistics

Nights: 575

Years as Silver, Gold or Platinum: 24

Years as Gold or Platinum: 21

Years as Platinum: 13

Achieving lifetime status
  • Lifetime Silver Elite

250 Lifetime Nights + 5 Years Elite Status
  • Lifetime Gold Elite

400 Lifetime Nights + 7 Years Gold Elite Status or Higher
  • Lifetime Platinum Elite

600 Lifetime Nights + 10 Years Platinum Elite Status
If I am reading this correctly, I only need to stay 25 more nights in 2018 to reach Lifetime Platinum. Is that correct? Should I get that in writing from Marriott Rewards before I embark on the mattress run? Any help would be appreciated. Obviously, Lifetime Platinum is way better than Lifetime Gold, if for nothing else than the lounge access. I realize this isn't as good as the old Platinum. Thank you all in advance.
there is a whole thread on this already but to answer your question you don't need to do it by the end of 2018 as those are the new requirements. So you can do it at your leisure in an organic manner. No need to do a mattress run.
Old Aug 28, 2018, 6:52 am

What if I dipped below Platinum for a short while this year? Does that disqualify me? Or because I have the 13 years as Platinum am I okay once I hit the 600 nights? I guess I was confusing the mattress runs folks are doing to achieve Lifetime Platinum Premier?
Old Aug 28, 2018, 7:01 am

Programs: DL Gold, UA nothing (ex-GS), Marriott lifetime Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by PeakTek78
What if I dipped below Platinum for a short while this year? Does that disqualify me? Or because I have the 13 years as Platinum am I okay once I hit the 600 nights? I guess I was confusing the mattress runs folks are doing to achieve Lifetime Platinum Premier?
No rush, you can get the remaining 25 nights whenever you want. It’s fine if you dip below Platinum since you already have the 10 years. You will only get Lifetime Platinum, not Lifetime Platinum Premier. The differences are: 25 percentage points in your loyalty point earning, and potentially a United Airlines Silver status match depending on which copy you believe.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.