Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Lifetime Elite Status General Discussion [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 2, 2022, 8:48 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: gudugan
How to View Lifetime Status: https://help.marriott.com/s/article/Article-22489
Lifetime Status Details: https://help.marriott.com/s/article/Article-22145
Elite processing: https://help.marriott.com/s/article/Article-34363

How will my Eligible Status Years for 2022 be applied to my Account and when?

If you maintained the same Elite status in 2022 that you started with in 2022 , your 2022 Eligible Status Year for your current status will be applied to your Account in January 2023.

If you achieved a higher Elite status during 2022, your 2022 Eligible Status Year for the new, higher tier was applied at the time of achievement.

If you did not meet the published criteria to renew your current status in 2022, your 2022 Eligible Status Year for your current status will be added in January 2023, and your Eligible Status Year for your new status will be added in March 2023 when your Elite status is updated.

===

When will my 2021 qualifying year of Elite status be applied to my Account so I can track my path to Lifetime Elite Status?

As part of our regular process, Members receive their qualifying year towards Lifetime Elite status in one of two ways:
  1. If you maintain the same Elite level that you started the year with, your Qualifying Year of Elite status will be applied to your Account in January of the following year. Please Note: In November 2021, when we extended the Elite status that Members earned in 2019 or 2020, Members received their 2021 Qualifying Year of Elite status.
  2. If you achieve a higher Elite level during the year than the previous year, your Qualifying Year for the new, higher level will be applied at the time of achievement. Please Note: If you achieved a higher Elite level during 2021, your 2021 qualifying year of Elite status, was applied at the time of achievement.

If you maintain the same Elite level for 2022, your 2022 year of Elite status will be applied to your Account in January 2023. If you achieve a higher Elite level during 2022, your 2022 year of tenure for the new, higher level will be applied at the time of achievement.

Examples:
  • A Member achieved Gold Elite in 2019 and enjoyed the status in 2020. They received their 2020 year of Gold Elite status in July 2020 when we extended their status. Due to status extensions, the Member received their 2021 year of tenure in November 2021 when they their status was extended to February 2023.
  • A Member achieved Platinum Elite in 2020 and enjoyed the status in 2021. They received their 2021 year of Platinum status in November 2021 when they their status was extended to February 2023.
  • A Gold Elite Member achieved Platinum Elite in April 2021; the Platinum year of Elite status for 2021 was applied upon achievement (in April 2021).
Print Wikipost

Marriott Lifetime Elite Status General Discussion [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2018, 11:48 am

Programs: AA LT Plat, Bonvoy LTTit
Need some expert advice

First of all, I want to thank so many of you throughout the years with your excellent advise and entertainment. As far as I can tell, there is no good solution to my problem other than staying 40 nights in a hotel. The Rewarding events was an invaluable tool that I did not use enough. I have 710 nights, 40 short of the lifetime platinum elite. Anybody got any bright ideas, I have both a buisness and personal marriot card. Have buisness and personal Starwood card.

Thank you guys again, you are great!
Old Aug 29, 2018, 12:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by ceber
First of all, I want to thank so many of you throughout the years with your excellent advise and entertainment. As far as I can tell, there is no good solution to my problem other than staying 40 nights in a hotel. The Rewarding events was an invaluable tool that I did not use enough. I have 710 nights, 40 short of the lifetime platinum elite. Anybody got any bright ideas, I have both a buisness and personal marriot card. Have buisness and personal Starwood card.

Does 710 include the night bonuses from the card?
Old Aug 29, 2018, 12:43 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Does the 710 include both MR and SPG nights? Do you have ten years of Plat status?
Old Aug 29, 2018, 12:50 pm

According to the marriot website I have ten years worth of plat, it says I am lifetime plat, currently a plat premier elite. 16 of my year to date stays, at 57 currently, are from one credit card, so I am expecting 15 more from the other. Not exactly sure how the two Starwood cards play in the stays situation. I just want to kick myself for being lazy and not doing more meetings, but that is water under the bride at this point.
Old Aug 29, 2018, 12:51 pm

I have combined the SPG and Marriot accounts......think they are accurate
Old Aug 29, 2018, 12:54 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I'm confused. Did you account show you as MR LTP in the legacy program, which should have required 750 nights and 2,000,000 lifetime points?

Are you LTP from SPG? Or did you just become LTP when you merged your accounts?
Old Aug 29, 2018, 12:56 pm

Old Aug 29, 2018, 12:58 pm

Lifetime plat on the merger of accounts
Old Aug 29, 2018, 1:04 pm

Then you need to decide whether LTPP versus LTP (with probably some years of earning PP and getting the choice benefits) is worth the cost and inconvenience of 40 additional nights.
Old Aug 29, 2018, 1:09 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
How many more nights do you expect to have this year absent a mattress run?
Old Aug 29, 2018, 1:18 pm

Think I have 15 nights coming from other marriot cc, have about 5 nights already booked, basically I think I will be close, but no cigar, would probably need to do 20-30 mattress run. In the big picture I think Lpp is quite valuable, but seems overwhelming hard to deal with prior to the end of the year. Why I was hoping you guys had some magic up your sleeves.
Old Aug 29, 2018, 1:20 pm

Didn’t read the aug 18 rewarding events change until after the 18th, my plan was to do some meetings, but that appears to be gone, with the exception if I can get 10 more nights under the new rules, despite having had two meetings under old rules
Old Aug 29, 2018, 1:26 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
Didn’t read the aug 18 rewarding events change until after the 18th, my plan was to do some meetings, but that appears to be gone, with the exception if I can get 10 more nights under the new rules, despite having had two meetings under old rules

Well needing 10 days vs 40 days is a big difference. I'm assuming you can find a Fairfield in Portland for close to $100, maybe less if you play with dates or have a good corp rate. You'll actually have to check in though. 1000 for Plat Premier for life might be worth it, although the only real difference is (a) higher points earning and (b) perhaps better upgrade priority
Old Aug 29, 2018, 1:39 pm

Programs: AA Plat/2MM, DL Silver, UA Silver (via Marr), Marr LTT, HH Gold (via cc), Hyatt Disc
I have both a buisness and personal marriot card. Have buisness and personal Starwood card.

Are the Marriott cards the ones that give you 1 Elite Night per $3k spent? If so, how much can you run through them? Be sure to not include any December spending after your December statement close as that would post in January and be outside the December 31 window.
Old Aug 29, 2018, 1:43 pm

There is an aloft and a Sheraton near PDX. The latter has a lounge but the former should have free parking and also some good airport stay and park packages. This might be convenient if you have a trip or two scheduled from PDX.

You could also do a couple fun weekends in Eugene or in wine country. I don't know whether there are any Starriots along the coast of Oregon/Washington or in far northern California, but you might find an interesting place that's inexpensive.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.