FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Lifetime Elite Status General Discussion [Master Thread]
Old Aug 28, 2018, 6:44 am
davidsc111

Programs: AA Plat, A List Pref, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by PeakTek78
Folks, I need your help. With the new combined accounts, I am Lifetime Gold, which is great. I think, however, I'm within striking distance to Lifetime Platinum. Here is what I copied and pasted from the website:

Lifetime Status

You can earn lifetime status by staying with us often. Once you reach lifetime status, it lasts forever.

Your lifetime statistics

Nights: 575

Years as Silver, Gold or Platinum: 24

Years as Gold or Platinum: 21

Years as Platinum: 13

Achieving lifetime status
  • Lifetime Silver Elite

250 Lifetime Nights + 5 Years Elite Status
  • Lifetime Gold Elite

400 Lifetime Nights + 7 Years Gold Elite Status or Higher
  • Lifetime Platinum Elite

600 Lifetime Nights + 10 Years Platinum Elite Status
If I am reading this correctly, I only need to stay 25 more nights in 2018 to reach Lifetime Platinum. Is that correct? Should I get that in writing from Marriott Rewards before I embark on the mattress run? Any help would be appreciated. Obviously, Lifetime Platinum is way better than Lifetime Gold, if for nothing else than the lounge access. I realize this isn't as good as the old Platinum. Thank you all in advance.
there is a whole thread on this already but to answer your question you don't need to do it by the end of 2018 as those are the new requirements. So you can do it at your leisure in an organic manner. No need to do a mattress run.