FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Lifetime Elite Status General Discussion [Master Thread]
Old Aug 27, 2018, 9:12 pm
wtigerFF

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, DL PM/1MM, Marriott Amb/LT Titanium, HHonors Diamond, Priority Club Platinum, Hyatt Disc
Originally Posted by sdsearch
In a similar vein, I transferred 1000 Amex Membership Rewards points staright to Marriott last week, but I can't tell you yet if that counts toward lifetime points yet, because I haven't seen my lifetime points total since those points posted last week. (I did that transfer hoping I could tell everyone if it works or not, because the day before the transfer, but after the 18th, I was still able to see my lifetime points online. But by the time the transfer completed and then by the time I was able to log in again, the display of them was gone.)
I hadn't considered transferring from Amex MR. I'm wondering if this only helps after merging SPG and MR. I just looked at my Amex MR options and while it shows RC/MR/SPG, when I click on it, it says I'm transferring to Starwood. I will be interested to see what happens with your 1000 pt transfer once you can actually see your LT Points balance.