Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Post Your Instant WIN - 29 Ways To Stay

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 12, 2018, 5:14 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: goldenbear
For convenience every day. link to play: https://29ways.marriott.com/

Can now win more than once.

If interested in other free travel sweeps (not confined to MAR), visit the Flyertalk Free Travel Contests & Sweeps forum
Print Wikipost

Post Your Instant WIN - 29 Ways To Stay

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2018, 6:33 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by NJKen

Thank you!

I love useless information like this. I felt silly the other day after I told my son to get his elbows off the table and he asked why is it not proper. I had to google the origin and I was amazed of the reason.

That would be the best case scenario for me.

I will definitely try to make full use of the $2k+ that the prize is valued at. I have been looking at places in the $400-$500 Euro range. While the amount of tax is annoying, the trip will be so worth it.
Does the tax only apply to US citizens?
Old Oct 24, 2018, 7:57 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, IHG Spire
So far, I guess 250 points is better than nothing, but not by much.

Day 1 - 50 points
Days 2 to 7 - Nothing
Day 8 - Error message, couldn't play
Day 9 - 50 points
Day 10 - 50 points
Day 11 - 50 points
Day 12 - Nothing
Day 13 - Nothing
Day 14 - 50 points
MarkP24 likes this.
Old Oct 24, 2018, 8:27 am

Programs: BA Bronze, Emirates Silver, Virgin Silver, Marriott Titanium
500 points today.
Old Oct 24, 2018, 8:51 am
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by yorkboy24
Does the tax only apply to US citizens?
There probably are other countries that tax contest and prize draw income, but most don't.

Those subject to US taxation should be aware that it is possible to challenge the value of a prize as reported by the competion promoter on form 1099-MISC. Feed your favourite search engine with terms such as "prize", "dispute", "approximate retail value" and "fair market value".

Factors to take into account could include the actual retail pricing of hotels booked or the cost of buying points (taking into account any discounts available).
aujusco and NJKen like this.
Old Oct 24, 2018, 9:37 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
I'm on a roll - another 50 points

BTW - over the weekend I was awake in the middle of the night so decided to play at 2-3am both nights, thinking I might have a better chance of higher # of points or the 4-night stay win. Still only 50 points both nights. Oh well - it only takes a minute to play the game & I'm learning some things about the various brands, so while not larger prizes the 50 points add up (a bit LOL - didn't require much effort on my part to get them).

Cheers.
MarkP24 likes this.
Old Oct 24, 2018, 9:44 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, VS Red, HH Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG Basic, Alitalia Status Match
Originally Posted by IMH
Without claiming any inside knowledge, there is one conceivable scenario in which people entering from some locations would have an advantage over others.

Suppose the game computer 'activates' or unlocks prizes at times that are unpredictable but, rather than being completely random, are spread fairly evenly over the day. The first person to complete the online tasks after each prize is unlocked wins that prize. If I'm one of 300,000 people entering between (say) 6:00 AM Eastern and 11:00 PM Pacific, my chances of being "next" after an unlocking are lower than if I'm one of a comparative handful of people clicking away at breakfast time in Europe while most of the USA sleeps.

Of course, I don't know if that is in fact how things work.
I'm in the UK and play daily around 8am UK time (3am EST). I've won a really underwhelming 300 points (6 x 50) having played every day. If my location means I'm winning more prizes than the average person then I pity those in the US Pacific timezone who must be about 150 points up right now. I'm not ungrateful, but I'd rather see more bigger prizes and fewer small prizes.
Old Oct 24, 2018, 10:10 am

Programs: UA Gold/1.5MM (several years running now!), Marriott LTTE, Hertz Prez
Of the days that I've remembered to play and didn't get an error message (you've already played, etc), I think through yesterday I hit two 50-point prizes and two 500-point prizes. Just now I hit 10,000, which makes my time up until now pretty much worthwhile. Perhaps now I'll be more diligent about remembering each day for the rest of the sweepstakes!
makin'miles, LapLap and NJKen like this.
Old Oct 24, 2018, 12:29 pm

I got a 500 point prize today, 50 each the other days where points could be won. Not bad for a few seconds of effort each day.
Old Oct 24, 2018, 12:30 pm

Programs: United Gold, Bonvoy Titanium
500 points today for me; 50 points for my wife. Today is the first day i've remembered to play.
Old Oct 24, 2018, 1:08 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, AS Lounge
Having found that Chrome works better than Firefox for this promo I now have two 50 point wins with emails to match. Congrats to those winning larger amounts!
Old Oct 24, 2018, 1:24 pm

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, AA, WP
Originally Posted by CCIE_Flyer
Of the days that I've remembered to play and didn't get an error message (you've already played, etc), I think through yesterday I hit two 50-point prizes and two 500-point prizes. Just now I hit 10,000, which makes my time up until now pretty much worthwhile. Perhaps now I'll be more diligent about remembering each day for the rest of the sweepstakes!
Ooh, that's a good one! Not as good as four nites, but congrats! I'm up to a total of 250, just like jtpc above.
CCIE_Flyer likes this.
Old Oct 24, 2018, 1:45 pm

Hit 50 points twice until today.......4000 Points! Would have preferred 6 matching numbers last night
kennycrudup and CCIE_Flyer like this.
Old Oct 24, 2018, 4:41 pm

Programs: DL 2 MM Unobtainum | UA 1.1MM Gold | MR Bonvoy Titanium
Out of curiosity, is there a tracker somewhere that Marriott has for where we've been brand wise and how many points we've earned for each bonus?

As of right now I am only seeing the bonuses post in the + Extra line of each stay and it's difficult to see what is what.
Old Oct 24, 2018, 7:29 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Thumbs down 50 points again....

50 points again for both me and my wife.... And a sweepstakes entry. That and a few bucks will buy you a cup of coffee
Old Oct 24, 2018, 9:20 pm

I won 500 points today!
LapLap likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.