Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy : Stays/Points not posting [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 2, 2018, 4:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: decentmove
Missing stay form; can only be filled out 10 business days after checkout:

https://www.marriott.com/rewards/myAccount/missingStayRequest.mi

The above link/form applies no matter if you logged on using www.marriott.com or www.spg.com => which then translates to https://www.marriott.com/default.mi?program=spg&reset=true
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy : Stays/Points not posting [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2019, 6:35 am

Programs: Aeroplan
Bonvoy Stay Tracking

Hi Folks

Sorry if this is covered in a thread already - I've been hunting but hadn't seen any.

A few of my stays this year haven't shown up in my Bonvoy account and I've had to report them. I notice on my folio's that my Bonvoy number is getting chopped up. Some have the first few digits, some the last few, but few have all the digits. Seems an IT issue on the Marriott end?

P
kaffir76 likes this.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 6:39 am

Programs: UA Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Silver, Hertz
Yet another missing stay, submitted the on-line form after 10 days along with emailed copy of invoice. I've stayed at the Marriott LAX many times before, never had an issue with my stay and/or points posting before. It's just too much to keep up with when traveling every week right now for work. Q1 is always busy for me and having to back-track on these stays is even more painful than keeping up with my corporate expense accounting!
Old Mar 5, 2019, 6:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
No, it's a security issue. None of your folios or your email confirmations of a stay should display your Marriott Bonvoy number. The email confirmations should have "XXXXnnnn" where nnnn are the last four digits of your number.

The folios will usually show the first three or last four with a letter in front indicating your status (T for Titanium, etc).

This is not why your stays aren't posting to your account. However, it never hurts to triple verify with the front desk agent (FDA) what Marriott Bonvoy number is in the reservation. Or, better yet, you should just give it to them again because technically they shouldn't read out the entire number to you over the counter.

-RM
Old Mar 5, 2019, 7:24 am

Programs: Aeroplan
Thanks Rob - that makes total sense. Counters always recognize my status so I'm good there - must just be a continued tracking error in IT.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 12:08 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Silver, Hertz
Originally Posted by jtwiz
Yet another missing stay, submitted the on-line form after 10 days along with emailed copy of invoice. I've stayed at the Marriott LAX many times before, never had an issue with my stay and/or points posting before. It's just too much to keep up with when traveling every week right now for work. Q1 is always busy for me and having to back-track on these stays is even more painful than keeping up with my corporate expense accounting!
I'm quoting myself above! But as an update to what I said before, a stay posted from Sunday (but not the one I was missing from 2 weeks ago) but ONLY the points posted. NO nights! So I am missing one entire stay, missing nights from another stay and still can't register for the promo that is supposedly for everyone.

Thus I decided to call Marriott and see what the story is. Happily there was no wait for a representative and she was helpful. But here's what's weird: she could see my nights I was missing, she could see I was eligible for the promo (and in fact, enrolled me) and added the missing stay (night and points). So she gave me the correct total nights for the year and the correct number of points for the year, but I can't see them from the app or any one of the three browsers I tried. (And actually I saw three different point totals per browser type, but I can't even think about that.)

She said to "give it 24 hours to synch up" and if still not seeing the right info, to call back. I guess the good news is that Marriott's records are showing the correct totals, even if I can't see them. Better that way, than the alternative!
Old Mar 6, 2019, 6:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Anyone having issues in the last few weeks with stays not posting?

since Feb 24th, have 4 stays that have not posted
Old Mar 6, 2019, 7:13 am
LIH

Programs: UA GS 1.6MM UC | AA CK 0.7MM AC | Bonvoy Ambassador | Hyatt Globalist | Hertz PC
The randomness continues for me. An Autograph hotel (Hotel Nia) posted ~24 hours after I checked out last Friday but the previous night's SF St. Regis stay still has not posted. Booked both of those stays at the same time about a week before them so post Bonvoy flip-over. Meanwhile, a St. Regis NYC stay from two weeks ago still hasn't posted, even with me submitting a missing stay request 72 hours ago. Westin Denver Airport from Monday still hasn't posted when that same hotel posted T+24 hours earlier in January.

No rhyme or reason that I can discern.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 7:37 am

Programs: Hyatt Glob; UA 1K; BonVoyage LTT (RIP SPG); HH Dia; JX Insighter
Credit where credit is due. No stay posting 10 days after check-out, but I was very pleasantly surprised to receive a response and posting within one hour of submitting it.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 8:24 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, United Silver, SW A List Preferred
Missing Stay Request-How long to wait, how to follow up

Hello all, I searched for something on this and couldn't find it, so I apologize if I'm missing an obvious sticky, and cluttering the board.

My first stay under the Bonvoy name was 2/17-2/22. I then had a separate stay, which I used a free night certificate for, the following night 2/22-2/23 at a different property.

The points from the reward stay posted pretty much on the usual schedule, 3 days later, however the first stay still hasn't posted.

I submitted a "Missing Stay" request late Sunday night, which was technically only 9 days after checkout, but the system allowed it, and I did attach my bill at the time. I got the immediate, generic auto response, which did not include an ETA on when to expect a response.

So, it's now been over two days since that, and 12 days since actually checking out, with no movement. So I've got two questions; 1) What is the normal response time on requests for missing stays, and 2) if no response is received in a reasonable amount of time, is it better to submit another request, or to call directly? My initial inclination would be to submit a request, as this at least generates some sort of documentation, but obviously, that could also just put me in an endless loop, or worse, get the multiple requests crossed over somehow.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 8:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
Who knows. I submitted multiple missing stay requests right after the merger when everything was FUBAR'd (worse than it is now) and never got a response. We're now 6+ months later.

Since your profile says you're Plat just go ahead and call the Plat line and they'll help you. It's the fastest path to resolution.

-RM
Old Mar 6, 2019, 8:41 am

Programs: UA 1K; *G, AA Plat
Originally Posted by Chalmers3716
Hello all, I searched for something on this and couldn't find it, so I apologize if I'm missing an obvious sticky, and cluttering the board.

My first stay under the Bonvoy name was 2/17-2/22. I then had a separate stay, which I used a free night certificate for, the following night 2/22-2/23 at a different property.

The points from the reward stay posted pretty much on the usual schedule, 3 days later, however the first stay still hasn't posted.

I submitted a "Missing Stay" request late Sunday night, which was technically only 9 days after checkout, but the system allowed it, and I did attach my bill at the time. I got the immediate, generic auto response, which did not include an ETA on when to expect a response.

So, it's now been over two days since that, and 12 days since actually checking out, with no movement. So I've got two questions; 1) What is the normal response time on requests for missing stays, and 2) if no response is received in a reasonable amount of time, is it better to submit another request, or to call directly? My initial inclination would be to submit a request, as this at least generates some sort of documentation, but obviously, that could also just put me in an endless loop, or worse, get the multiple requests crossed over somehow.
Call the Plat line. They can look up your folio while you're on the phone with them and update your profile immediately. You'll see the results on marriott.com immediately with them on the phone and later in the day it'll be refreshed on the app.

I call after 10 days of no movement. I've noticed that all my stays post within 2-4 days of checking out. If they don't, I call after 10 days and make them sit on the phone with me and do it. I don't accept the "oh submit the form bs" that they try feeding you. Did it once and like you, no movement.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 9:56 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, United Silver, SW A List Preferred
Sounds good, thanks for the feedback all.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 10:13 am

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
Originally Posted by kaizen7
Apparently my last stays .... post 13/2 bonvoy time ... post later than usual.
Previous stays post within 3 working days ... but that stay still not showing at 5th day.

will wait until 10 days passed
The nights and point posted today
I guess it takes around 6 days ... still within reasonable time
Old Mar 6, 2019, 10:46 am

Programs: Starriot Platinum, DL PM, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Explorist
I used the form after about 12 days, got the immediate "we received your request" response, then got a resolution about three days later. So YMMV.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 8:15 am

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
Originally Posted by Chalmers3716

Pre bonvoyed but after merge messed up ....
it can take about 2 weeks for them to respond.

After bonvoyed, my stays post slower than before but nevertheless its posted ... so I havent use the missing stay request.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.