Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Hapuna Beach Westin Resort, Waimea, Big Island of Hawaii [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 29, 2019, 5:18 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Oxon Flyer
Hotel email: [email protected]

This property was reflagged to become a Westin in 2018. Pre-2018 (and therefore SPG-era) reviews and discussion can be found in this thread :
Hapuna Beach Resort, Waimea, Hawaii [to become a Westin Spring 2018 after renovation] - FlyerTalk Forums
Print Wikipost

Hapuna Beach Westin Resort, Waimea, Big Island of Hawaii [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2019, 11:35 am

Programs: MR LT Titanium, IHG Plat.,UA Premier Silver, & PA/OH Turnpike Million Miler
Originally Posted by Cplusplus
I just checked now, the other (of 2)date is sold out. I should've made another 2 night reservation like I did at the CY. Oh well, I guess its 1 night at the CY and 1 night at Hapuna. Thanks for the input guys.
Keeping checking. Frequently availability opens up closer in. Maybe you will get lucky with this one....

--Jon
Old Oct 18, 2019, 4:04 pm

Programs: DL PM / MM Ex UA & US Gold Starwood & Hilton Gold
The CY is very good option. You can walk to a lot very good places to eat with a lot of very good Happy Hour options. Have you looked at the Sheraton Kona Resort ? As a back up option. An older property but it is close to Kona.

Last edited by JA610; Oct 18, 2019 at 4:12 pm
Old Oct 22, 2019, 1:24 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Lifetime SkyClub, AS MVP
Here now at the start of a seven night certificate stay.

Chose the breakfast platinum arrival option. Card given at checkin says inclusive of gratuity but the server this morning didn't note that on the zero charge check presented after breakfast so I verified it with the front desk.

SNAs didn't process (not that I expected them to on a seven night stay) and no upgrade at checkin. I had requested a "quiet room" in response to a pre-stay email and was assigned a room in the south tower towards the far end of the building. More noise from grounds vehicles than construction.

Had to inquire about the alternative amenity for the wifi being charged in the resort fee. End result, after discussions behind the scenes, is a $6 reduction in the resort fee.

A fountain diet Coke at breakfast is not included in the buffet cost, with no free refills for the $5 cost. Water was refilled at no charge. <snark>

Looking forward to a relaxing stay.

---------------------

Edited to add: Both north (construction side) elevators have been renovated (the second one was placed in service yesterday.) One south elevator is out of service (presumably for renovation) and the second south elevator is in need of renovation but functional.

Interior work is being done on the construction project at this time. Can sometimes hear construction noice at the pools and the restaurant at the family pool but it is not significantly noisier than grounds maintenance activity.

Last edited by dgreen12; Oct 25, 2019 at 1:34 pm
Old Oct 22, 2019, 2:15 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by JA610
The CY is very good option. You can walk to a lot very good places to eat with a lot of very good Happy Hour options. Have you looked at the Sheraton Kona Resort ? As a back up option. An older property but it is close to Kona.
I stayed at the Court Yard in Kona, and wasn't that impressed. Decent location for walking around Kona, but I can't imagine the Holiday Inn Express or KonaSeaside are any "less nice".

The Sheraton is a beautiful property. Nice pools and near Kahalu’u Beach which has some great snorkeling.

Old Oct 22, 2019, 10:35 pm

Please, can you share the email address of the hotel?
Old Oct 23, 2019, 5:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by kavitachoudhary89
Please, can you share the email address of the hotel?
There are instructions in the wiki of this thread on how to look up hotel email addresses.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marr...resses-12.html
Old Oct 25, 2019, 3:34 am

Thanks for the great link. Unfortunately, this hotel doesn't have an email listed there as well.
Old Oct 25, 2019, 7:35 am

Programs: AA, Delta, Marriott, IHG
Thanks for the great link. Unfortunately, this hotel doesn't have an email listed there as well.
When all else fails I’ve had success sending a message to hotels through Facebook messenger from the hotels Facebook page. All the ones I’ve contacted that way have gotten right back to me. I’d prefer email but...
Old Oct 25, 2019, 7:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You're right! That's the first property I've come across that doesn't have its email address listed. The Lurkers have also been able to provide email addresses, so maybe they'll step in.
Old Oct 25, 2019, 8:47 am

Originally Posted by JA610
CY/Sheraton Kona =\= Westin hapuna.

Not even close.
Old Oct 25, 2019, 8:06 pm

Originally Posted by Ripley62
When all else fails I’ve had success sending a message to hotels through Facebook messenger from the hotels Facebook page. All the ones I’ve contacted that way have gotten right back to me. I’d prefer email but...
But in this case, FB messenger gave me an email of the reservation department, they replied after 2 weeks and again have disappeared. I wanted to know if they could give me connecting rooms. I don't get why Marriott hotel in today's date and time want people to call and can't have a responsive email.
Old Oct 27, 2019, 4:30 am

Programs: AA, Delta, Marriott, IHG
But in this case, FB messenger gave me an email of the reservation department, they replied after 2 weeks and again have disappeared. I wanted to know if they could give me connecting rooms. I don't get why Marriott hotel in today's date and time want people to call and can't have a responsive email.
I absolutely agree in this day an age an international company making the use of email difficult is idiotic. I have had to FB to contact hotels in Asia, 11 time zones away. Email would easily solve the issue. But no.
Old Oct 28, 2019, 12:13 am

I'm here now for 1 night after spending yesterday night at the CY in Kona. I'll agree with Toukolou in that there is no comparison between the two. May be an unpopular opinion, but I think it is worthy of being a Cat 6. With the resort fee, it looks like future rates are close to $500 a night, which aligns well as a Category 6. I booked it in Sept @ 30k, and I think that's a bit cheap, even considering it is an off peak rate. I tried to book yesterday night also but it was showing sold out but as I was checking in, they said that they had open rooms and that they were aware that the website was showing as sold out when that was not the case, and had I called in directly, I would have been able to get a paid room. Bummer. She then went on about how screwed up the SPG Marriott merger was regarding SPG loyalists. Being a points booking, I was booked into the cheapest room, Partial Ocean View and was upgraded at checkin to a Premier on the 9th floor. Beautiful view at sunset. I'll be returning for a real stay later. The scent of Westins makes me happy.

Oh, large Kona brewed coffee brought to my room. $12 for the coffee, $5 delivery, 21% service. $20 cup of coffee. haha

bags took 2 hours and a phone call to arrive to room.
Old Oct 28, 2019, 8:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Cplusplus
I'm here now for 1 night after spending yesterday night at the CY in Kona. I'll agree with Toukolou in that there is no comparison between the two....
Can you get a generic email address from the hotel?
Old Oct 28, 2019, 11:11 pm

Originally Posted by margarita girl
Can you get a generic email address from the hotel?
[email protected]
margarita girl and Ripley62 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.