Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Hapuna Beach Westin Resort, Waimea, Big Island of Hawaii [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 29, 2019, 5:18 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Oxon Flyer
Hotel email: [email protected]

This property was reflagged to become a Westin in 2018. Pre-2018 (and therefore SPG-era) reviews and discussion can be found in this thread :
Hapuna Beach Resort, Waimea, Hawaii [to become a Westin Spring 2018 after renovation] - FlyerTalk Forums
Print Wikipost

Hapuna Beach Westin Resort, Waimea, Big Island of Hawaii [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old May 25, 2020, 1:01 pm

Anybody have reservations/planning to go here in July?
Old May 25, 2020, 3:11 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by beagleflyer1977
Anybody have reservations/planning to go here in July?
I haven't yet canceled our reservation for July 11 to 18th, using a 7 night travel Package certificate. So once again these things are jinxed for me.
Old May 25, 2020, 3:49 pm

Originally Posted by Ripley62
I haven't yet canceled our reservation for July 11 to 18th, using a 7 night travel Package certificate. So once again these things are jinxed for me.
My trip is end of July - also reserved on points before the category changed. Tried emailing the hotel but they said they can't do anything and that I have to call Bonvoy.
Old May 25, 2020, 5:01 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, Marriott, IHG
My trip is end of July - also reserved on points before the category changed. Tried emailing the hotel but they said they can't do anything and that I have to call Bonvoy.
the amount of trouble these travel packages have been is amazing not being able to use this is just the most recent. I luckily made a point reservation while looking for rewards flights In the day that took the hotel had its I’m unannounced category increase. I had to work my way up to emailing a Marriott VP to straighten it out and use the now useless 7 night certificate.

i was really looking forward to going to Hawaii,
———-

I called Marriott and for the first time with a 7 night certificate didn’t have a problem with the reservation. Moved ny reservation from July to the beginning of January. Before I called Marriott to deal with the 7 night certificate, most hotel don’t know how to handle them, I called the hotel directly to confirm it was closed and any estimate for its opening. The woman I talked to confirmed It’s closed currently and didn’t have an estimate on an opening schedule besides following the governor orders.

Last edited by Ripley62; Jun 1, 2020 at 5:28 am Reason: Update.
Old Jun 25, 2020, 2:50 pm

If the rooms are bookable online for August 1, safe to assume the hotel will be open?
Old Jun 25, 2020, 2:55 pm
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
If the rooms are bookable online for August 1, safe to assume the hotel will be open?
It is safe to assume that is what the hotel is hoping for right now, but it's far from guaranteed that's what will actually happen.
Old Jun 25, 2020, 3:19 pm
Company Representative, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy
The Westin Hapuna Beach Resort has a tentative opening date of August 01, 2020; however, please note that this date is provisional. As the current situation is still evolving, the opening date could change. Each hotel is monitoring and adhering to guidance issued by governmental authorities, including the CDC and WHO.

Best,

Leanne
Social Media Liaison
[email protected]
Old Jun 25, 2020, 4:24 pm

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Diamond, Accor Gold, Hyatt Explorist,, Delta Plat,
Probably safe. Governor announced that as of August 1 tourists don't have to quarantine for 14 days BUT they do have to have proof of a negative Covid test in the last 72 hours. Should allow for alot more tourism.
Old Jun 27, 2020, 10:03 pm

Programs: UA GS4MM, MR LT Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by dcstudent
Probably safe. Governor announced that as of August 1 tourists don't have to quarantine for 14 days BUT they do have to have proof of a negative Covid test in the last 72 hours. Should allow for alot more tourism.
Keep in mind it has to be a PCR test from a lab certified by the State, and they haven't listed any certified labs yet. Keep in mind, in many states you can't just get a test for the sake of getting a test, many CVS locations have no appointments available, you must meet their criteria to get a test, and nobody under 18 can get a test. If you book this hotel (and find a flight) - make sure you can actually get a PCR test.
ijkh likes this.
Old Jul 2, 2020, 7:43 pm

Programs: MM / UA 1K
Today I enquired with the Hapuna Beach Weston about reservations for August. I got a reply that they don't think they'll be able to open until September so something to keep in mind.
Old Jul 13, 2020, 3:30 pm

Programs: UA GS4MM, MR LT Plat, Hilton Gold
Quarantine has been extended "at least a month" - look for flights to disappear and reopening of hotels to be delayed.

https://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/2020/0...hrough-august/
rny321 likes this.
Old Jul 13, 2020, 4:24 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by HNLbasedFlyer
Quarantine has been extended "at least a month" - look for flights to disappear and reopening of hotels to be delayed.

https://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/2020/0...hrough-august/
Even WS & AC were taking reservations from August 1st. There are going to be a lot of unhappy people.

James
Old Aug 5, 2020, 9:27 am

Programs: AS; Aeroplan; Hilton (Diamond); Marriott (Platinum);
Originally Posted by Flying for Fun
Even WS & AC were taking reservations from August 1st. There are going to be a lot of unhappy people.

James
Any word on the state of renovations / construction at this property? I know this has been a long standing grievance and was wondering where they were at. Might be planning a stay here at Christmas depending on what the world looks like...
Old Sep 22, 2020, 3:44 pm

Resort is not reopening until November 20th. (at the earliest)
anteater likes this.
Old Sep 22, 2020, 7:50 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by daisydog123
Resort is not reopening until November 20th. (at the earliest)
if Hawaii does not open up, then there’s no business from tourists. Nov. 20 is not looking hopeful at this time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.