Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

2018 4th Quarter MegaBonus promo, 26 Sept - 31 Jan 2019

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 12, 2018, 9:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: username
Sign in to Marriott.com in order to be able to see the promo and register:
https://www.marriott.com/rewards/promotion.mi?promotion=FB18
  • Stay at any of our participating hotels and resorts worldwide between September 26, 2018 and January 31, 2019.
  • Earn 2,000 bonus points on all stays* of two or more nights and 1,000 bonus points per brand, starting with your second brand.
  • Play our game 29 Ways to Stay from October 11 through November 8 to learn more about our 29 brands and for the chance to win prizes, including points and free nights.**
  • Register by January 7, 2019
Nights spent while redeeming an award are not eligible for bonus points.

Finer print:
*A 'stay' is defined as consecutive nights spent at the same hotel, regardless of check-in/check-out activity.

Registration is required. Marriott Rewards, Starwood Preferred Guest, and The Ritz-Carlton Rewards (“Loyalty Program”) members who register for this promotion by January 7, 2019 will earn 2,000 bonus points per stay on stays of 2 or more nights at participating brands. Plus, members can earn an additional 1,000 bonus points per brand starting with the second brand at which the member stays during the promotion earning period. The promotion earning period is for stays between September 26, 2018 and January 31, 2019, at participating Marriott Rewards, SPG and Ritz-Carlton properties. A 'stay' is defined as consecutive nights spent at the same hotel, regardless of check-in/check-out activity. Rooms booked through most third party online retailers and select travel agency bookings are ineligible to earn for this promotion. The member receiving this offer has been targeted and the offer is not transferable. Bonus points will be awarded to the member’s account up to six weeks after the promotion ends. Marriott Vacation Club® owner-occupied weeks are not eligible for bonus points and nights spent while redeeming an award are not eligible for bonus points. Only one room per hotel is counted toward a member’s nights or stay. Members electing to earn miles are not eligible for this promotion. For a list of current participating brands, visit https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/earn/hotels.mi. All Loyalty Program terms and conditions apply. See https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/terms/default.mi for more information. Visit www.Marriott.com/MorePlaces or call 888-MARRIOTT (888-627-7468) for complete details.

Clarification from Starwood Lurker in post 125:
  1. In regards to the part of the offer where you can earn 1,000 points for trying a new brand…There is no minimum length of stay, but you only earn it starting with the second brand. So if you only stay at one brand during the promo period, you will not earn this bonus. But if you stay at 2 or more brands, you will earn 1,000 points for each of those brands after the first one even if the stay is only one night.
  2. You earn on every stay of 2+ nights, so it isn’t about accumulating nights. If you have two stays of 1 night each, you will not earn a bonus. If you have two accounts, you may register for MegaBonus with either or both accounts. You will only be able to earn with one account at a time because you will earn the bonus points in whichever account the stay was booked with. Example: If you have two accounts that are not combined: If you register for MegaBonus with your SPG number and stay with your SPG number, you will earn the bonus points in your SPG account. If you register for MegaBonus with your SPG number but book your stay with your MR number, you will not earn bonus points.
Print Wikipost

2018 4th Quarter MegaBonus promo, 26 Sept - 31 Jan 2019

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2018, 9:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by lingua101
is this stated in t&c?

also there is no tracker for this.
This is what happened when they ran an identical promotion previously.
Old Nov 16, 2018, 8:54 am

Programs: Continental OnePass
I have a question about the "1,000 bonus points per brand, starting with your second brand." part. Does that also require a 2 night stay? The wording is unclear.
Old Nov 16, 2018, 10:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by swiftaw
I have a question about the "1,000 bonus points per brand, starting with your second brand." part. Does that also require a 2 night stay? The wording is unclear.
No it doesn't. Lurkers already clarified.

meagicano likes this.
Old Nov 17, 2018, 10:05 am

Programs: DL Plat, Marriot Plat
Originally Posted by Intl359Widget
That is consistent with what I am seeing across all of my recent stays in terms of the bonus points posting for the 2+ nights but not the brand.
  • Courtyard 4 Night Stay (2,000 Points)
  • Renaissance 3 Night Stay (2,000 Points)
  • Renaissance 3 Night Stay (2,000 Points)
Now, I realize that I've only stayed at two brands thus far and have a third brand coming up in a week in Florida so I'm going to try and diversify my upcoming stays to get that 10,000 bonus for 10 different brands.
Yeah, I am going for the 10 brands as well but most probably will be 8 brands short....
margarita girl likes this.
Old Nov 17, 2018, 2:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I signed up for the Megabonus both on the Marriott side and the SPG side while having the account still separate. If I combine accounts before the end of the year, will they count the combined different brands among all my stays on both sides?

And if so, this might explain why they have to wait until the promo ends to do that, because I presume lots of people may have signed up before combining accounts but have combined or will combine accounts before the promo ends early next year.
Old Nov 18, 2018, 5:36 am

Programs: Emirates Skywards Gold, Marriott PP Elite
Originally Posted by sdsearch
Did your Megabonus progress tracker move?
Mine is being updated - 30,000 bonus points so far :-)

The 29,000 points for all 29 brands is ridiculous. Like someone above said, I doubt anyone will do this.

I'll definitely manage 10 though - I've Courtyard, Marriott, St Regis, Edition, Aloft and Sheraton already in the bag without breaking sweat.

I'm targeting 70,000 points on 2+ night stays, 10,000 points on the 10 brands and the 10,000 bonus points. Sadly, I think I'll be short of 100,000 :-(

Anyone else think they'll make 100,000 MR points ?
Old Nov 19, 2018, 8:01 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, UA Gold
Forgot to sign up for the promotion, thought I had. I had a Moxy stay in October, will it retroactively count? Also, do cash+points nights count?
Old Nov 19, 2018, 10:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
No, and no.
dinoscool3 likes this.
Old Nov 19, 2018, 11:56 am

Programs: AC, BA, Marriott, SPG
Is anyone else having weird results with the points getting accounted for? It says I have 1 stay and 4,000 points but I have multiple 2 night stays and several brands. Should I just wait until promo ends to do a final accounting or should I call into Marriott now?
Old Nov 19, 2018, 12:05 pm

Programs: Emirates Skywards Gold, Marriott PP Elite
Originally Posted by seegs
Is anyone else having weird results with the points getting accounted for? It says I have 1 stay and 4,000 points but I have multiple 2 night stays and several brands. Should I just wait until promo ends to do a final accounting or should I call into Marriott now?
Call to get the 2000 points for each stay of 2 nights that isn't being posted, I had to do this for one stay - the 1000 per brand after the first one will post 4-6 weeks after the promo ends on 7th Jan.

But by and large, for me, the 2000 points are being added correctly with every points drop.
Old Nov 19, 2018, 2:50 pm

Programs: AC, BA, Marriott, SPG
So that means if they are posting correctly it should be 3,000 bonus points for hotels where I took the 1,000 amenity + the 2,000 for 2-night stay? The extra 1,000 comes later. Looks like I'll have to call in...so annoying
Old Nov 19, 2018, 3:09 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, BAEC Silver, TK Miles & Smiles Elite
Originally Posted by seegs
So that means if they are posting correctly it should be 3,000 bonus points for hotels where I took the 1,000 amenity + the 2,000 for 2-night stay? The extra 1,000 comes later. Looks like I'll have to call in...so annoying
Correct. I have not had a problem with the bonus 2000 points posting but two stays forgot to add the 1000 welcome points which required escalation to one hotel's club lounge staff (who fixed it within 24 hours) and another escalation to the lurkers here who fixed it within minutes after the hotel was unable to do the fix.

But the promo points has not been a problem so far...
Old Nov 19, 2018, 3:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
Originally Posted by ftrichard
Correct. I have not had a problem with the bonus 2000 points posting but two stays forgot to add the 1000 welcome points which required escalation to one hotel's club lounge staff (who fixed it within 24 hours) and another escalation to the lurkers here who fixed it within minutes after the hotel was unable to do the fix.

But the promo points has not been a problem so far...
And this is maybe problem #1 with the entire company in the first place. We should have "one throat to choke" which is the call center. We should not have to be calling each hotel to get issues fixed. The plat line should fix it all. And the plat line should be stratified by elite level so the "best" agents go to Plat Premier, the "very good" agents go to Plat, the "good" agents go to Gold, etc. You get my point; not arguing what's considering good, better, best. Instead, we are given agents who are utterly useless and helpless and either hang up on us or transfer us to someone else who is just as useless.

-RM
Old Nov 20, 2018, 2:08 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, BAEC Silver, TK Miles & Smiles Elite
Originally Posted by RobOnLI
And this is maybe problem #1 with the entire company in the first place. We should have "one throat to choke" which is the call center. We should not have to be calling each hotel to get issues fixed. The plat line should fix it all. And the plat line should be stratified by elite level so the "best" agents go to Plat Premier, the "very good" agents go to Plat, the "good" agents go to Gold, etc. You get my point; not arguing what's considering good, better, best. Instead, we are given agents who are utterly useless and helpless and either hang up on us or transfer us to someone else who is just as useless.

-RM
You're probably right. But I've heard such horror stories about the call centre that it never occurs for me as a PPE to phone them. I usually come back from a hotel with the business card of somebody in the lounge or front desk or even the GM so I would always try them first and give them the chance to fix it. Lurkers here are a good next level escalation.

Anyway, I live in China and the Chinese skin-crawling horror of actually, you know, talking to a human being on the phone has become so overwhelming that I'd try any digital means of communication first before attempting to speak to a call centre agent.
Old Nov 20, 2018, 7:36 am

Programs: AA Gold, Delta Platinum, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, AVIS Preferred, Hilton Diamond
Finally remembered to call and get registered (website wouldn't allow me to register). Missed out on about 10 one night stays but it appears I'm not missing too much at the end of the day. Hopefully, Q1 Megabonus is much better.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.