Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

2018 4th Quarter MegaBonus promo, 26 Sept - 31 Jan 2019

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 12, 2018, 9:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: username
Sign in to Marriott.com in order to be able to see the promo and register:
https://www.marriott.com/rewards/promotion.mi?promotion=FB18
  • Stay at any of our participating hotels and resorts worldwide between September 26, 2018 and January 31, 2019.
  • Earn 2,000 bonus points on all stays* of two or more nights and 1,000 bonus points per brand, starting with your second brand.
  • Play our game 29 Ways to Stay from October 11 through November 8 to learn more about our 29 brands and for the chance to win prizes, including points and free nights.**
  • Register by January 7, 2019
Nights spent while redeeming an award are not eligible for bonus points.

Finer print:
*A 'stay' is defined as consecutive nights spent at the same hotel, regardless of check-in/check-out activity.

Registration is required. Marriott Rewards, Starwood Preferred Guest, and The Ritz-Carlton Rewards (“Loyalty Program”) members who register for this promotion by January 7, 2019 will earn 2,000 bonus points per stay on stays of 2 or more nights at participating brands. Plus, members can earn an additional 1,000 bonus points per brand starting with the second brand at which the member stays during the promotion earning period. The promotion earning period is for stays between September 26, 2018 and January 31, 2019, at participating Marriott Rewards, SPG and Ritz-Carlton properties. A 'stay' is defined as consecutive nights spent at the same hotel, regardless of check-in/check-out activity. Rooms booked through most third party online retailers and select travel agency bookings are ineligible to earn for this promotion. The member receiving this offer has been targeted and the offer is not transferable. Bonus points will be awarded to the member’s account up to six weeks after the promotion ends. Marriott Vacation Club® owner-occupied weeks are not eligible for bonus points and nights spent while redeeming an award are not eligible for bonus points. Only one room per hotel is counted toward a member’s nights or stay. Members electing to earn miles are not eligible for this promotion. For a list of current participating brands, visit https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/earn/hotels.mi. All Loyalty Program terms and conditions apply. See https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/terms/default.mi for more information. Visit www.Marriott.com/MorePlaces or call 888-MARRIOTT (888-627-7468) for complete details.

Clarification from Starwood Lurker in post 125:
  1. In regards to the part of the offer where you can earn 1,000 points for trying a new brand…There is no minimum length of stay, but you only earn it starting with the second brand. So if you only stay at one brand during the promo period, you will not earn this bonus. But if you stay at 2 or more brands, you will earn 1,000 points for each of those brands after the first one even if the stay is only one night.
  2. You earn on every stay of 2+ nights, so it isn’t about accumulating nights. If you have two stays of 1 night each, you will not earn a bonus. If you have two accounts, you may register for MegaBonus with either or both accounts. You will only be able to earn with one account at a time because you will earn the bonus points in whichever account the stay was booked with. Example: If you have two accounts that are not combined: If you register for MegaBonus with your SPG number and stay with your SPG number, you will earn the bonus points in your SPG account. If you register for MegaBonus with your SPG number but book your stay with your MR number, you will not earn bonus points.
Print Wikipost

2018 4th Quarter MegaBonus promo, 26 Sept - 31 Jan 2019

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2019, 9:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by alrvd83
I cant wait until the promo ends so we can get our points! I managed to stay in 15 brands, so that should be 24K pts!
  • Earn 2,000 bonus points on all stays* of two or more nights and 1,000 bonus points per brand, starting with your second brand.
  • Earn Even More. Stay at 10 brands to earn an additional 10,000 bonus points. Stay at all 29 brands, and earn an additional 29,000 bonus points.
I'd like to know if a single person globally (not just FT) has managed to do 29 brands, for what amounts to less than 10K SPG points. I'd be willing to bet no!

(I have 11 brands and had to do a couple of cheap stays to get there. I got an extra brand that I wasn't initially counting on, which is why I am at 11.)
C17PSGR likes this.
Old Jan 27, 2019, 5:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by margarita girl
I'd like to know if a single person globally (not just FT) has managed to do 29 brands, for what amounts to less than 10K SPG points. I'd be willing to bet no!

(I have 11 brands and had to do a couple of cheap stays to get there. I got an extra brand that I wasn't initially counting on, which is why I am at 11.)
i don't think anyone would have hit 29....i managed to get 15 in the end & i know someone who got to 21....even 21 is a great achievement....
margarita girl and uxb like this.
Old Jan 27, 2019, 5:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Keyser
i don't think anyone would have hit 29....i managed to get 15 in the end & i know someone who got to 21....even 21 is a great achievement....
I wonder if Marriott marketing reviews these promos afterwards and if someone has the nerve to say "Geez, we really missed the mark on this one. Maybe we should have had incremental thresholds at 10, 15, 20 … nights, or even 10, 20 and 29 nights". Or maybe Marriott marketing is so clued out, they have no idea that it's almost impossible to hit all 29 brands due to the scattered footprint. And maybe the reward should have reflected the difficulty in achieving this.
C17PSGR, uxb, Keyser and 1 others like this.
Old Jan 27, 2019, 5:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
I wonder if Marriott marketing reviews these promos afterwards and if someone has the nerve to say "Geez, we really missed the mark on this one. Maybe we should have had incremental thresholds at 10, 15, 20 … nights, or even 10, 20 and 29 nights". Or maybe Marriott marketing is so clued out, they have no idea that it's almost impossible to hit all 29 brands due to the scattered footprint. And maybe the reward should have reflected the difficulty in achieving this.
i completely agree....
Old Jan 27, 2019, 6:55 pm
uxb

Programs: AC, AS, BA, DL, HH (D), MR (T/LTP), UA (*S), UScAAre (PLT/1,87MM), WN
Originally Posted by Keyser
I think I end this at 16, but staying at any of the Marriott properties wasn’t worth it at all.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 4:17 am

Originally Posted by Temedar
Probably already answered, but can't find anything, so: does a 29.01-01.02 stay count for this promo?
Curious if anyone else can answer this - haven't seen anything in the previous pages. Have a stay from 1/25 to 2/1 and would stink if I can't get the 2k pts.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 5:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FlyinHawaiian320
Curious if anyone else can answer this - haven't seen anything in the previous pages. Have a stay from 1/25 to 2/1 and would stink if I can't get the 2k pts.
In the old days, the FAQs would always address these kinds of issues, or the Lurkers would step in. Perhaps they can offer an opinion.

OTOH, since you are currently at the property and only have 4 more days left, I guess you'll find out soon enough. Too late to change anything, except maybe ask to close the folio on Jan 31 and then check back in. Not sure if that's allowed though since I presume it was made as one reservation.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 6:03 am

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium; Mileage Plus 1K, 1 MM; Global Entry
Originally Posted by FlyinHawaiian320
Sorry, why is it you think you might not get the points?
Old Jan 28, 2019, 6:10 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond AMB
Some promotions in other hotel programs (IHG, for example) require that the check-out date should be no later than the end date of the promotion for the stay to count. I still have no idea if that's how Marriott promos work
Old Jan 28, 2019, 6:21 am

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium; Mileage Plus 1K, 1 MM; Global Entry
Originally Posted by Temedar
Some promotions in other hotel programs (IHG, for example) require that the check-out date should be no later than the end date of the promotion for the stay to count. I still have no idea if that's how Marriott promos work
Based on past MegaBoni in which I have participated the night of 31 Jan should count as within the bonus period. That aside, I have gotten points for the bonus nights in this situation (checking out after bonus period ended) multiple times over the years.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 10:51 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET

I'm convinced that there are a lot of people at Marriott involved in marketing and program development who don't travel.

The two night stay I think was driven by Arne ... remember the comment he made in a industry speech this summer about people he thought would stay at two different hotels in Manhattan to get the Plat bonus? It's as if he read one of the travel blogs and thinks that's how everyone thinks.

People switch between hotels because they may not have the corporate rate or there is no availability in their preferred hotel on one of the nights. In Manhattan they switch because none of them follow program rules. Many of us have a lot of one day trips.

This would have been a great opportunity to address the angst from the transition that some on here are reporting and to build brand loyalty. 50 points for clicking through doesn't really do it. Nor does 29,000 points for staying all brands. Instead, its more like lets throw a bonus out, remember Arne's concern about people not staying more than one night, etc.
margarita girl likes this.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 2:22 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Just curious if there will be another quarter release for another mega bonus promotion? I'm withholding all my business travels as late as possible, but if the next quarter promos is not going to be more lucrative than this lackluster 29 ways promo, all my stays are going to Hilton or even IHG. On the contrary though, stays over the next few months seems to have been cheaper on Marriott overall compared to Hilton. Maybe there's another sale going on for stays in North America I don't know about..
Old Jan 29, 2019, 6:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bluestrudels
Just curious if there will be another quarter release for another mega bonus promotion? I'm withholding all my business travels as late as possible, but if the next quarter promos is not going to be more lucrative than this lackluster 29 ways promo, all my stays are going to Hilton or even IHG. On the contrary though, stays over the next few months seems to have been cheaper on Marriott overall compared to Hilton. Maybe there's another sale going on for stays in North America I don't know about..
The current promo ends Jan 31. The programs all truly become one under the Bonvoy name on Feb 13. I would not necessarily expect a new bonus to be announced until after that (just as there was no bonus straddling the Aug 18 date when the first big part of the program merger happened).
Old Feb 2, 2019, 1:52 pm

I wonder when the 1000 points per brand will be credited
Old Feb 2, 2019, 2:33 pm

Programs: DL 2 MM Unobtainum | UA 1.1MM Gold | MR Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by Intl359Widget
Don’t delude yourself into thinking that.

I also miss the dashboard that SPG had but I’ve been manually keeping track of the brands that I’ve stayed at so far. I need three more brands for the 10k bonus so I should be able to achieve that with 24 days left in January.

Courtyard
Sheraton
Marriott
Westin
Le Meriden
Renaissance
JW Marriott
+ Tribute Collection
+ W
+ Aloft
+ Fairfield
Updated with bold text above but I'm still waiting for 2 brands to post to my account so I ended up with 11*.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.