Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

2018 4th Quarter MegaBonus promo, 26 Sept - 31 Jan 2019

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 12, 2018, 9:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: username
Sign in to Marriott.com in order to be able to see the promo and register:
https://www.marriott.com/rewards/promotion.mi?promotion=FB18
  • Stay at any of our participating hotels and resorts worldwide between September 26, 2018 and January 31, 2019.
  • Earn 2,000 bonus points on all stays* of two or more nights and 1,000 bonus points per brand, starting with your second brand.
  • Play our game 29 Ways to Stay from October 11 through November 8 to learn more about our 29 brands and for the chance to win prizes, including points and free nights.**
  • Register by January 7, 2019
Nights spent while redeeming an award are not eligible for bonus points.

Finer print:
*A 'stay' is defined as consecutive nights spent at the same hotel, regardless of check-in/check-out activity.

Registration is required. Marriott Rewards, Starwood Preferred Guest, and The Ritz-Carlton Rewards (“Loyalty Program”) members who register for this promotion by January 7, 2019 will earn 2,000 bonus points per stay on stays of 2 or more nights at participating brands. Plus, members can earn an additional 1,000 bonus points per brand starting with the second brand at which the member stays during the promotion earning period. The promotion earning period is for stays between September 26, 2018 and January 31, 2019, at participating Marriott Rewards, SPG and Ritz-Carlton properties. A 'stay' is defined as consecutive nights spent at the same hotel, regardless of check-in/check-out activity. Rooms booked through most third party online retailers and select travel agency bookings are ineligible to earn for this promotion. The member receiving this offer has been targeted and the offer is not transferable. Bonus points will be awarded to the member’s account up to six weeks after the promotion ends. Marriott Vacation Club® owner-occupied weeks are not eligible for bonus points and nights spent while redeeming an award are not eligible for bonus points. Only one room per hotel is counted toward a member’s nights or stay. Members electing to earn miles are not eligible for this promotion. For a list of current participating brands, visit https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/earn/hotels.mi. All Loyalty Program terms and conditions apply. See https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/terms/default.mi for more information. Visit www.Marriott.com/MorePlaces or call 888-MARRIOTT (888-627-7468) for complete details.

Clarification from Starwood Lurker in post 125:
  1. In regards to the part of the offer where you can earn 1,000 points for trying a new brand…There is no minimum length of stay, but you only earn it starting with the second brand. So if you only stay at one brand during the promo period, you will not earn this bonus. But if you stay at 2 or more brands, you will earn 1,000 points for each of those brands after the first one even if the stay is only one night.
  2. You earn on every stay of 2+ nights, so it isn’t about accumulating nights. If you have two stays of 1 night each, you will not earn a bonus. If you have two accounts, you may register for MegaBonus with either or both accounts. You will only be able to earn with one account at a time because you will earn the bonus points in whichever account the stay was booked with. Example: If you have two accounts that are not combined: If you register for MegaBonus with your SPG number and stay with your SPG number, you will earn the bonus points in your SPG account. If you register for MegaBonus with your SPG number but book your stay with your MR number, you will not earn bonus points.
Print Wikipost

2018 4th Quarter MegaBonus promo, 26 Sept - 31 Jan 2019

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2019, 6:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
mine got corrected today as well
Old Mar 7, 2019, 7:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by Marriott Bonvoy Lurker
Personally, I don't think it is a screw up...yet anyway. I posted this earlier in the thread, which indicated the line in the sand was March 14th, so - to me - this means the points are still posting for the brand bonus portion of this promotion. Remember that the 29 Ways to Stay Instant Win points also posted in batches over several weeks? Remember how everyone called that a screw up as well?
So you’re saying this piecemeal posting on the Brand Bonus and 29 Ways promos is by design? Facepalm! It would be nice if they spelled this out in the fine print.

Brand Bonus: We will post bonus points on stays of 2+ night first followed by stays of 1 night about a week later.

29 Ways Promo: We will post all the 50 point winnings along with one each of your higher winnings (500, 1000 pts, etc), followed by any additional higher point winnings about a week later. Same goes for winners of 4 free nights. We will post the first free night followed by the additional 3 nights 1-2 weeks later.

That must be difficult to program. Those Marriott IT guys are far more competent than I gave them credit for!

unclepants and UA-NYC like this.
Old Mar 8, 2019, 1:39 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LTTE/AMB, AmEx Plat, National EE, WN A-List, CLEAR+, Covid-19
Originally Posted by C17PSGR
Thank you to those who called. Was good to see this fixed this morning without the need to call
... or, perhaps you just got your when you were supposed to (has it even been 6-8 weeks or whatever since the promo ended yet?) and all the folks here complaining about "missing points" were just whining in typically-impatient FT fashion?

I got some today, too, FWIW, and may likely get more before the dust settles. PMMR never shorted me any points in a promo, but they did take forever and a day to post sometimes and were sometimes in staggered amounts.

I'll bet there's a lot of Ambassadors and CS agents a little over you guys, and the glee at essentially scamming the system here by complaining before the points actually posted to get them via manual review is especially curious.
Old Mar 8, 2019, 2:15 pm
Company Representative, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy
Thank you for your patience, the brand bonusing for the MegaBonus in More Places promotion has officially been completed.
Old Mar 8, 2019, 3:02 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Mine posted! Being a financial person, I'm intrigued by the 3/8/19 posting that is sandwiched between January and February postings!

Old Mar 8, 2019, 3:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by controller1
Mine posted! Being a financial person, I'm intrigued by the 3/8/19 posting that is sandwiched between January and February postings!
Near as I can figure out, it’s there because the promo ended Jan 31. The other reason is to thoroughly confuse legacy SPG members who aren’t used to such nonsense IT.
UA-NYC and controller1 like this.
Old Mar 8, 2019, 5:23 pm

Originally Posted by Marriott Bonvoy Lurker
Thank you for your patience, the brand bonusing for the MegaBonus in More Places promotion has officially been completed.
I'm still not seeing the correct amount of points posted, what actions do you suggest I take at this point? Thank you!
Old Mar 8, 2019, 5:50 pm
Company Representative, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy
Originally Posted by Beeb
I'm still not seeing the correct amount of points posted, what actions do you suggest I take at this point? Thank you!
Send us the details to the email address below.
Old Mar 8, 2019, 6:20 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Mine finally posted. Now, if I could just get my stays to post in a timely manner.
Old Mar 8, 2019, 6:22 pm

Programs: UA MMGold, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by margarita girl

Near as I can figure out, it’s there because the promo ended Jan 31. The other reason is to thoroughly confuse legacy SPG members who aren’t used to such nonsense IT.
Few days ago I noticed my point balance increased but didn't know why as the new point posting was not the first few entries, not even in the first few pages if use the default 5 entries per page. Went to the apps and saw it was from the mega bonus points, showed up as the first entry on the apps.

Thanks for your enlightenment margarita girl, finally understand Marriott's logic, which is not very logical to me.

Mine was incorrect as well. I decided to call and got fixed. So much un-necessary additional work for the associates to manually count the brands and do the adjustment if IT can get the job done right.
margarita girl likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.