Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

2018 4th Quarter MegaBonus promo, 26 Sept - 31 Jan 2019

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 12, 2018, 9:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: username
Sign in to Marriott.com in order to be able to see the promo and register:
https://www.marriott.com/rewards/promotion.mi?promotion=FB18
  • Stay at any of our participating hotels and resorts worldwide between September 26, 2018 and January 31, 2019.
  • Earn 2,000 bonus points on all stays* of two or more nights and 1,000 bonus points per brand, starting with your second brand.
  • Play our game 29 Ways to Stay from October 11 through November 8 to learn more about our 29 brands and for the chance to win prizes, including points and free nights.**
  • Register by January 7, 2019
Nights spent while redeeming an award are not eligible for bonus points.

Finer print:
*A 'stay' is defined as consecutive nights spent at the same hotel, regardless of check-in/check-out activity.

Registration is required. Marriott Rewards, Starwood Preferred Guest, and The Ritz-Carlton Rewards (“Loyalty Program”) members who register for this promotion by January 7, 2019 will earn 2,000 bonus points per stay on stays of 2 or more nights at participating brands. Plus, members can earn an additional 1,000 bonus points per brand starting with the second brand at which the member stays during the promotion earning period. The promotion earning period is for stays between September 26, 2018 and January 31, 2019, at participating Marriott Rewards, SPG and Ritz-Carlton properties. A 'stay' is defined as consecutive nights spent at the same hotel, regardless of check-in/check-out activity. Rooms booked through most third party online retailers and select travel agency bookings are ineligible to earn for this promotion. The member receiving this offer has been targeted and the offer is not transferable. Bonus points will be awarded to the member’s account up to six weeks after the promotion ends. Marriott Vacation Club® owner-occupied weeks are not eligible for bonus points and nights spent while redeeming an award are not eligible for bonus points. Only one room per hotel is counted toward a member’s nights or stay. Members electing to earn miles are not eligible for this promotion. For a list of current participating brands, visit https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/earn/hotels.mi. All Loyalty Program terms and conditions apply. See https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/terms/default.mi for more information. Visit www.Marriott.com/MorePlaces or call 888-MARRIOTT (888-627-7468) for complete details.

Clarification from Starwood Lurker in post 125:
  1. In regards to the part of the offer where you can earn 1,000 points for trying a new brand…There is no minimum length of stay, but you only earn it starting with the second brand. So if you only stay at one brand during the promo period, you will not earn this bonus. But if you stay at 2 or more brands, you will earn 1,000 points for each of those brands after the first one even if the stay is only one night.
  2. You earn on every stay of 2+ nights, so it isn’t about accumulating nights. If you have two stays of 1 night each, you will not earn a bonus. If you have two accounts, you may register for MegaBonus with either or both accounts. You will only be able to earn with one account at a time because you will earn the bonus points in whichever account the stay was booked with. Example: If you have two accounts that are not combined: If you register for MegaBonus with your SPG number and stay with your SPG number, you will earn the bonus points in your SPG account. If you register for MegaBonus with your SPG number but book your stay with your MR number, you will not earn bonus points.
Print Wikipost

2018 4th Quarter MegaBonus promo, 26 Sept - 31 Jan 2019

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2019, 10:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
Nothing changed for me today. Oh well ...
same here. Suspicious the Lurkers have been so quiet on this major screw-up. Would be nice to hear officially from Marriott when and how they plan on fixing this.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 11:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by Antarius
Just had another 10k and 3k post. Counting the original 7k, that puts me at 20k which is still short of the promo page amount, but much closer.
The amount showing on your promo page is the bonus you earned for stays of 2+ nights. So if it shows 24K pts, that means you had 12 stays of 2+ nights. Those points are already in your account.

The brand bonus doesn’t show anywhere. You need to calculate it yourself. Sounds to me like you probably had 11 brands.
Antarius likes this.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 1:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by margarita girl

The amount showing on your promo page is the bonus you earned for stays of 2+ nights. So if it shows 24K pts, that means you had 12 stays of 2+ nights. Those points are already in your account.

The brand bonus doesn’t show anywhere. You need to calculate it yourself. Sounds to me like you probably had 11 brands.
have you considered teaching a class at, say, the University of Maryland (somewhat close to their HQ) on Fuzzy Math - Understanding Marriott Bonvoy?
margarita girl likes this.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 2:03 pm

so is everyone seeing the system correction exactly today on 3/06/19? multiple line items with todays date? however, my total did NOT change. anyone else? im going to wait and see, but clearly there are still IT issues. not surprised.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 2:19 pm

Originally Posted by GundamWing01
so is everyone seeing the system correction exactly today on 3/06/19? multiple line items with todays date? however, my total did NOT change. anyone else? im going to wait and see, but clearly there are still IT issues. not surprised.
Mine has not changed. I emailed the generic Ambassador desk yesterday asking for assistance without a response.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 2:25 pm

Originally Posted by longtimereader firstimeposter
Mine has not changed. I emailed the generic Ambassador desk yesterday asking for assistance without a response.
ok good. appreciate your DP. so its not just me. ive actually had this problem ever since i combined back in DEC 2018. meaning, my total has stayed static ever since. never bothered to call yet. didnt want to waste time inside the abyss because at least the actual activity still shows up.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 4:41 pm
Company Representative, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy
Originally Posted by cfischer
same here. Suspicious the Lurkers have been so quiet on this major screw-up. Would be nice to hear officially from Marriott when and how they plan on fixing this.
Personally, I don't think it is a screw up...yet anyway. I posted this earlier in the thread, which indicated the line in the sand was March 14th, so - to me - this means the points are still posting for the brand bonus portion of this promotion. Remember that the 29 Ways to Stay Instant Win points also posted in batches over several weeks? Remember how everyone called that a screw up as well?

So, we apologize for any confusion, but we would also appreciate your patience as we complete the brand bonusing.

All this talk of eating words and no soup for me has made me hungry, so I'm off to enjoy a hearty bowl of alphabet soup.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 7:26 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
Originally Posted by Marriott Bonvoy Lurker

So, we apologize for any confusion, but we would also appreciate your patience as we complete the brand bonusing.

All this talk of eating words and no soup for me has made me hungry, so I'm off to enjoy a hearty bowl of alphabet soup.
William

Thank you for all of the info you provide and help to FTers!
Old Mar 7, 2019, 12:29 am

Programs: AC SE, Marriott - Titanium
My missing Mega brand bonus posted tonight as Q4 Megabonus 10K BK. I guess I got extra points for calling in last weekend about them.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 1:06 am

Programs: Amtrak Guest Rewards (SE), Virgin America Elevate, Hyatt Gold Passport (Platinum), VIA Preference
My brand bonus plopped into my account yesterday.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 2:04 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Mine was fixed as well. I haven't called them.
at least something positive.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 4:38 am

Programs: DL 2 MM Unobtainum | UA 1.1MM Gold | MR Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by Marriott Bonvoy Lurker
Personally, I don't think it is a screw up...yet anyway. I posted this earlier in the thread, which indicated the line in the sand was March 14th, so - to me - this means the points are still posting for the brand bonus portion of this promotion. Remember that the 29 Ways to Stay Instant Win points also posted in batches over several weeks? Remember how everyone called that a screw up as well?

On behalf of the patient FlyerTalkers, we salute you!
Old Mar 7, 2019, 4:41 am

Programs: DL 2 MM Unobtainum | UA 1.1MM Gold | MR Bonvoy Titanium
Following up on the case number that I was assigned on Monday. Marriott reached out to me and said that they ran another batch last night and that I should see my final points posted.

Sure enough I received all the points that I was expecting from this promo so “All’s well that ends well.”
Old Mar 7, 2019, 6:31 am

Programs: AC Aeroplan SE, Marriott LTPPE
Originally Posted by Nfldflyer
Ok now im a little miffed. I heard back from my Ambassador via email after I requested my missing miles from this promo and she reported as follows:

The way you would count the brands is any stays where you earned the Mega Bonus points for the stay itself are the only brands that count because the stays have to fall within the parameters of the promotion which means it has to be a stay over two nights and a paid stay with an eligible rate.

I guess a phone call is now warranted...frustrating

All is now well in the universe. My missing points have been posted along with a 3000 goodwill point bonus. !
Old Mar 7, 2019, 6:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
I never called them and my points are all accounted for now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.