Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

2018 4th Quarter MegaBonus promo, 26 Sept - 31 Jan 2019

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 12, 2018, 9:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: username
Sign in to Marriott.com in order to be able to see the promo and register:
https://www.marriott.com/rewards/promotion.mi?promotion=FB18
  • Stay at any of our participating hotels and resorts worldwide between September 26, 2018 and January 31, 2019.
  • Earn 2,000 bonus points on all stays* of two or more nights and 1,000 bonus points per brand, starting with your second brand.
  • Play our game 29 Ways to Stay from October 11 through November 8 to learn more about our 29 brands and for the chance to win prizes, including points and free nights.**
  • Register by January 7, 2019
Nights spent while redeeming an award are not eligible for bonus points.

Finer print:
*A 'stay' is defined as consecutive nights spent at the same hotel, regardless of check-in/check-out activity.

Registration is required. Marriott Rewards, Starwood Preferred Guest, and The Ritz-Carlton Rewards (“Loyalty Program”) members who register for this promotion by January 7, 2019 will earn 2,000 bonus points per stay on stays of 2 or more nights at participating brands. Plus, members can earn an additional 1,000 bonus points per brand starting with the second brand at which the member stays during the promotion earning period. The promotion earning period is for stays between September 26, 2018 and January 31, 2019, at participating Marriott Rewards, SPG and Ritz-Carlton properties. A 'stay' is defined as consecutive nights spent at the same hotel, regardless of check-in/check-out activity. Rooms booked through most third party online retailers and select travel agency bookings are ineligible to earn for this promotion. The member receiving this offer has been targeted and the offer is not transferable. Bonus points will be awarded to the member’s account up to six weeks after the promotion ends. Marriott Vacation Club® owner-occupied weeks are not eligible for bonus points and nights spent while redeeming an award are not eligible for bonus points. Only one room per hotel is counted toward a member’s nights or stay. Members electing to earn miles are not eligible for this promotion. For a list of current participating brands, visit https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/earn/hotels.mi. All Loyalty Program terms and conditions apply. See https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/terms/default.mi for more information. Visit www.Marriott.com/MorePlaces or call 888-MARRIOTT (888-627-7468) for complete details.

Clarification from Starwood Lurker in post 125:
  1. In regards to the part of the offer where you can earn 1,000 points for trying a new brand…There is no minimum length of stay, but you only earn it starting with the second brand. So if you only stay at one brand during the promo period, you will not earn this bonus. But if you stay at 2 or more brands, you will earn 1,000 points for each of those brands after the first one even if the stay is only one night.
  2. You earn on every stay of 2+ nights, so it isn’t about accumulating nights. If you have two stays of 1 night each, you will not earn a bonus. If you have two accounts, you may register for MegaBonus with either or both accounts. You will only be able to earn with one account at a time because you will earn the bonus points in whichever account the stay was booked with. Example: If you have two accounts that are not combined: If you register for MegaBonus with your SPG number and stay with your SPG number, you will earn the bonus points in your SPG account. If you register for MegaBonus with your SPG number but book your stay with your MR number, you will not earn bonus points.
Print Wikipost

2018 4th Quarter MegaBonus promo, 26 Sept - 31 Jan 2019

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2019, 5:46 am

Programs: Delta PM (1 MM), United Silver, Marriott Lifetime Titanium (Ambassador 2020-24), National Executive
Originally Posted by sdsearch
But have they usually announced it while the previous one was going on, or only after the previous one ended? I seem to recall that they almost always had at least two-week-or-so gap between Megabonuses.

So if the past is a predictor of the future, it's at least a couple weeks or so too early to expect news about a "new" Megabonus.
Ahh, good point. Wait and see...
Old Jan 18, 2019, 8:57 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

I can verify promo points works for award stays.
The promo credited me 1k for my annual cert applied at a Moxy in NY Downtown.
Old Jan 18, 2019, 2:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by bluestrudels
I’m confused. The only 1000 point bonus associated with this promo is the brand bonus. It has been confirmed multiple times that the brand bonus is not posting until after Jan 31. Right now, all that is posting is 2000 pts for stays of 2+ nights.

I realize that Marriott’s stellar IT is incapable of identifying any bonuses posted in the EXTRA category. Since the welcome amenity is 500 pts at Moxy, I have no idea what you are seeing.
ftrichard likes this.
Old Jan 18, 2019, 7:45 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, BAEC Silver, TK Miles & Smiles Elite
Can you clarify what you're talking about in this thread about the current MegaBonus. Marriott Points are just points and there's no distinction between promo points and stay points either in your account or how you redeem them for award stays.

Also, I don't know what this "annual cert"(ificate) refers to. Or where the 1k points that the "promo credited" you came from as you can currently only get 2000 points for each stay of two or more nights and they appear in the Extras column when the stay posts. Could you be looking at the 1k points that are posted as the regular welcome bonus at many brands.

Hope the Moxy NY was a good stay.
Old Jan 19, 2019, 12:36 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond AMB
Probably already answered, but can't find anything, so: does a 29.01-01.02 stay count for this promo?
Old Jan 19, 2019, 5:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
very unlikely....i used my annual cert at the moxy ny downtown as well but never got the 1k points....also, these points will post after the promo is over so i'm not sure what you got the points for....
Old Jan 19, 2019, 6:05 am
uxb

Programs: AC, AS, BA, DL, HH (D), MR (T/LTP), UA (*S), UScAAre (PLT/1,87MM), WN
An award stay is not an eligible stay for bonusing
Old Jan 19, 2019, 2:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I highly doubt it. You should have earned 500 Plat welcome points at a Moxy, so did you earn 1000 points or 1500 points total? If you earned only 1000 points, 500 of those were the Plat welcome points, and I don't know what the other 500 would be.

Meanwhile, no one is getting the 1k per-brand bonus yet, that's going to be issued no earlier than February some time after the promo ends on Jan 31. They have to a special "sweep" to calculate everybody's brand-count bonuses.
margarita girl likes this.
Old Jan 19, 2019, 2:35 pm

Originally Posted by sdsearch
I highly doubt it. You should have earned 500 Plat welcome points at a Moxy, so did you earn 1000 points or 1500 points total? If you earned only 1000 points, 500 of those were the Plat welcome points, and I don't know what the other 500 would be.

Meanwhile, no one is getting the 1k per-brand bonus yet, that's going to be issued no earlier than February some time after the promo ends on Jan 31. They have to a special "sweep" to calculate everybody's brand-count bonuses.
maybe the other 500 is from “make a green choice”
sdsearch likes this.
Old Jan 19, 2019, 4:14 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by ftrichard
Can you clarify what you're talking about in this thread about the current MegaBonus. Marriott Points are just points and there's no distinction between promo points and stay points either in your account or how you redeem them for award stays.

Also, I don't know what this "annual cert"(ificate) refers to. Or where the 1k points that the "promo credited" you came from as you can currently only get 2000 points for each stay of two or more nights and they appear in the Extras column when the stay posts. Could you be looking at the 1k points that are posted as the regular welcome bonus at many brands.

Hope the Moxy NY was a good stay.
My stays weren't posting correctly, so after filing for the missing stays, the rep manually added the 1k brand bonus into my account. It's currently showing "extra points" for my Tribute Portfolio stay. We selected breakfast as our Plat amenity, so it's interesting that my statement shows 1k points in the extra column, I'm guessing it should be for the promo.

01/12/2019 Bonus 29ws - 1,000 Point Wins +1,000 Points

12/30/2018 Hotel Stay* Moxy NYC Downtown12/27/2018 - 12/28/2018 +500 Points (0 Base + 0 Elite + 500 Extra)

01/12/2019 Hotel Stay* Hotel Zachary, Chicago, a Tribute Portfolio Hotel12/21/2018 - 12/22/2018 +3,377 Points (1,358 Base + 1,019 Elite + 1,000 Extra)

Sorry for the confusion, I think I must have mistaken the promo bonus for the Moxy award stay, just realized they were back posted for 29 ways daily raffle bonus.
The Downtown Moxy was fun to stay but was a rather odd concept. The "lobby" is on the 3rd floor where the bar and restaurants are, there are no hotel staffs present except security.
Check in counter was on the 1st floor, with 1 small desk and 1 overwhelmed staff. So each time you need to got to your room, you have to get to the 3rd floor, walk past the bar then another elavator up to the room. The room was small like most NYC rooms, we took the 500 points for the Platinum choice, and we were also given 2 free drink chips that we enjoyed by the bar.
Overall, our redemption was decent, we needed a night in the city, and cash rate was about $300 after tax, so our 25k cert was rather worth the redemption.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 12:21 am

Programs: Marriott TITANIUM, BWR Dia, IHG, Millemiglia Alitalia
Is anyone getting promo points for completed award stays (free nights on points) ?
thank you!
Old Jan 24, 2019, 12:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by GoldenItalianBoy
Is anyone getting promo points for completed award stays (free nights on points) ?
thank you!
No. They aren’t eligible for the promo.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 6:34 am

Programs: Marriott TITANIUM, BWR Dia, IHG, Millemiglia Alitalia
Originally Posted by margarita girl

No. They aren’t eligible for the promo.
that's a pity
Old Jan 26, 2019, 2:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by GoldenItalianBoy
thank you!
Award stays have never worked for Megabonus promos under Marriott.

They may work for some Hilton promos, but that's a different program.
Old Jan 26, 2019, 9:10 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, Delta Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hertz President's Circle
I cant wait until the promo ends so we can get our points! I managed to stay in 15 brands, so that should be 24K pts!
  • Earn 2,000 bonus points on all stays* of two or more nights and 1,000 bonus points per brand, starting with your second brand.
  • Earn Even More. Stay at 10 brands to earn an additional 10,000 bonus points. Stay at all 29 brands, and earn an additional 29,000 bonus points.
margarita girl likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.