Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

2018 4th Quarter MegaBonus promo, 26 Sept - 31 Jan 2019

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 12, 2018, 9:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: username
Sign in to Marriott.com in order to be able to see the promo and register:
https://www.marriott.com/rewards/promotion.mi?promotion=FB18
  • Stay at any of our participating hotels and resorts worldwide between September 26, 2018 and January 31, 2019.
  • Earn 2,000 bonus points on all stays* of two or more nights and 1,000 bonus points per brand, starting with your second brand.
  • Play our game 29 Ways to Stay from October 11 through November 8 to learn more about our 29 brands and for the chance to win prizes, including points and free nights.**
  • Register by January 7, 2019
Nights spent while redeeming an award are not eligible for bonus points.

Finer print:
*A 'stay' is defined as consecutive nights spent at the same hotel, regardless of check-in/check-out activity.

Registration is required. Marriott Rewards, Starwood Preferred Guest, and The Ritz-Carlton Rewards (“Loyalty Program”) members who register for this promotion by January 7, 2019 will earn 2,000 bonus points per stay on stays of 2 or more nights at participating brands. Plus, members can earn an additional 1,000 bonus points per brand starting with the second brand at which the member stays during the promotion earning period. The promotion earning period is for stays between September 26, 2018 and January 31, 2019, at participating Marriott Rewards, SPG and Ritz-Carlton properties. A 'stay' is defined as consecutive nights spent at the same hotel, regardless of check-in/check-out activity. Rooms booked through most third party online retailers and select travel agency bookings are ineligible to earn for this promotion. The member receiving this offer has been targeted and the offer is not transferable. Bonus points will be awarded to the member’s account up to six weeks after the promotion ends. Marriott Vacation Club® owner-occupied weeks are not eligible for bonus points and nights spent while redeeming an award are not eligible for bonus points. Only one room per hotel is counted toward a member’s nights or stay. Members electing to earn miles are not eligible for this promotion. For a list of current participating brands, visit https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/earn/hotels.mi. All Loyalty Program terms and conditions apply. See https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/terms/default.mi for more information. Visit www.Marriott.com/MorePlaces or call 888-MARRIOTT (888-627-7468) for complete details.

Clarification from Starwood Lurker in post 125:
  1. In regards to the part of the offer where you can earn 1,000 points for trying a new brand…There is no minimum length of stay, but you only earn it starting with the second brand. So if you only stay at one brand during the promo period, you will not earn this bonus. But if you stay at 2 or more brands, you will earn 1,000 points for each of those brands after the first one even if the stay is only one night.
  2. You earn on every stay of 2+ nights, so it isn’t about accumulating nights. If you have two stays of 1 night each, you will not earn a bonus. If you have two accounts, you may register for MegaBonus with either or both accounts. You will only be able to earn with one account at a time because you will earn the bonus points in whichever account the stay was booked with. Example: If you have two accounts that are not combined: If you register for MegaBonus with your SPG number and stay with your SPG number, you will earn the bonus points in your SPG account. If you register for MegaBonus with your SPG number but book your stay with your MR number, you will not earn bonus points.
Print Wikipost

2018 4th Quarter MegaBonus promo, 26 Sept - 31 Jan 2019

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2019, 12:55 am

Programs: BA GGL, British Midland Lifetime* Loser
Ugh. Yeah, same here. They’ve only counted 2-night stays for the brand promo. I’m missing 3,000 plus 10,000.
Old Feb 28, 2019, 2:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Nope. Not even for 2 night stays. I had 4 two night stays and 10 brands, and got 2000 bonus points. A friend also had 4 two night stays and 5 brands, and she got 3000 pts.

Mariott cannot get anything right!
Old Feb 28, 2019, 3:05 am

This is so pathetic. I have stayed at 5 brands and was expecting 4k bonus points. This is "confirmed" by the MegaBonus result display in the app. So everything should be alright.
BUT MR today credits 1k points only?!?!?!? Seriously, what is going on at Marriott's IT?
Old Feb 28, 2019, 3:14 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Spire Elite, Hilton Gold, United Silver, BA Bronze
Stayed at 7 brands, so believe I am due 6,000. Received 5,000. I'll give them a few days before I decide whether to pursue. Not sure it's worth the opportunity cost of my time for the small delta.

The crazy IT journey continues.
Old Feb 28, 2019, 3:28 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Stayed 3 brands, got 2000 points, missing 1000 points, which was for a 1-night stay (2nd stay and brand). Those that posted are both 2-night 3rd and 4th brands I suspect.

I will wait a while to see if the missing points post. This chasing is getting frustrating though.
Old Feb 28, 2019, 4:20 am

Programs: DL 2 MM Unobtainum | UA 1.1MM Gold | MR Bonvoy Titanium
I stayed at 11 Brands but only earned 6,000 bonus points instead of the 11,000 + 10,000. This is starting to get really frustrating if Marriott can’t do simple accounting that conforms to GAAP standards.
Old Feb 28, 2019, 4:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by yorkboy24
Stayed 3 brands, got 2000 points, missing 1000 points, which was for a 1-night stay (2nd stay and brand). Those that posted are both 2-night 3rd and 4th brands I suspect.

I will wait a while to see if the missing points post. This chasing is getting frustrating though.
Not sure if I’m understanding your post, but 3 brands gets you 2000 bonus points. 4 brands will get you 3000 pts.
Old Feb 28, 2019, 5:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by margarita girl
Nope. Not even for 2 night stays. I had 4 two night stays and 10 brands, and got 2000 bonus points. A friend also had 4 two night stays and 5 brands, and she got 3000 pts.

Mariott cannot get anything right!
same here....only got 2k points....i managed to stay at 15 brands in total so should get 14k + 10k = 24k points....

i had a couple of 5 night & 2 night stays & a 3 night....rest were all single night stays....
Old Feb 28, 2019, 5:49 am
Moderator: InterContinental Hotels and Germany

I as well received only 3000 points for 10 different brands.

Maybe, the bonus points post in batches? Would be possible, as I had 1 + 3 brands in the first 30 days of the promo. I will give them some more time for now ....
Old Feb 28, 2019, 6:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I have an idea. Why doesn't Marriott put in one of those dashboard thingies to track your progress in these promos (maybe hire back some of the Starwood IT people to show them how to do it)? Then they would be able to calculate how many points we are owed in one fell swoop instead of piecemeal like they did for the 29 Ways promo, and seemingly the Brands promo.
Old Feb 28, 2019, 6:24 am

I have an idea. Why doesn't Marriott put in one of those dashboard thingies to track your progress in these promos (maybe hire back some of the Starwood IT people to show them how to do it)? Then they would be able to calculate how many points we are owed in one fell swoop instead of piecemeal like they did for the 29 Ways promo, and seemingly the Brands promo.
Well, there's a dashboard. At least in my app. I was able to locate it when I selected the "My Account - Promotions" register (It is between the "Account Activity and Hotel Bills" and "Suite Night Awards" Options. At the bottom of that page under "PAST" and "Mega Bonus Points Earned" I can see the correct brand bonus total. Just MR IT failed to credit the corresponding number of points to my account.
Can you locate the info in your app as well?

Last edited by funkbandit; Feb 28, 2019 at 6:57 am
Old Feb 28, 2019, 6:27 am

I had five stays, four of them being 2+ nights. I received 2,000 points yesterday and no brand bonus.
Old Feb 28, 2019, 6:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by funkbandit
Well, there's a dashboard. At least in my app. I was able to locate it when I selected the "My Account - Offers" register. At the bottom of that page under "Mega Bonus Points Earned" I can see the correct brand bonus total. Just MR IT failed to credit the corresponding number of points to my account.
Can you locate the info in your app as well?
nope....no such info on my app....
Old Feb 28, 2019, 6:55 am

Programs: SkyPesos -> MVP Gold 100K
Stayed 8 brands...got 6k points instead.
Old Feb 28, 2019, 7:15 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium

Not sure if I’m understanding your post, but 3 brands gets you 2000 bonus points. 4 brands will get you 3000 pts.
I mean 3 additional brands, 4 total (Sheraton-Marriott(1)-Sheraton-Moxy(2)-Tribute(3)-Sheraton

They missed 1000 points somewhere.
margarita girl likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.