Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Pre Existing Reservation changed to higher points

Pre Existing Reservation changed to higher points

Reply

Old Sep 4, 18, 3:52 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,980
Pre Existing Reservation changed to higher points

My 35,000 points October reservation made months ago is now showing on my account at 50,000 points. Anybody else having this problem? What is going to happen?
Tizzette is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4, 18, 3:56 pm
  #2  
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: McKinney, TX, USA
Programs: AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LTPP; IHG Plat; Hilton Gold; Hyatt Discoverist
Posts: 11,078
As long as you haven't changed anything (i.e. move the reservation dates, etc.) then even though the new, higher point total shows, the original point rate will still be valid. This is how Marriott's system has traditionally worked.

If you want to feel better about it, call MR and ask the agent to verify the reservation and that the original point values are still applicable to the reservation.
hhoope01 is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4, 18, 9:09 pm
  #3  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Pittsburgh
Programs: MR/SPG LT PLT, AA LT PLT, HH GLD, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
Posts: 24,593
Legacy system(s) always did this. Additional points won't be taken, your reservation is still good.

Youre reservation is for a Category X. The web page display logic sees X and looks up the points for X in real-time, it doesn't store the points required at the time of reservation with every reservation.
CPRich is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5, 18, 3:18 am
  #4  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Toronto vicinity
Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E50, AA EXP, SPG P100, Marriott Plat, Fairmont Plat
Posts: 11,812
And if you cancel, you will get back 35K pts, not 50K. Nothing to see here folks. Move along.
margarita girl is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5, 18, 6:10 am
  #5  
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Programs: Marriott Rewards Platinum, United Silver, Delta Diamond
Posts: 27
But what if you havenít attached a certificate yet? When I called they said they had no way of attaching the old certificates and asked me to call back in a week to see if they had a solution. For that reason, I feel like this time waiting to see what happens wonít produce the desired result.
mciampa is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5, 18, 12:17 pm
  #6  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting; SSSS = haraSSSSment
Posts: 87,801
Originally Posted by margarita girl View Post
And if you cancel, you will get back 35K pts, not 50K. Nothing to see here folks. Move along.
While the first sentence above may hold out to be generally true, the latter two sentences may still not hold up as true for all concerned.
margarita girl likes this.
GUWonder is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5, 18, 1:00 pm
  #7  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Pittsburgh
Programs: MR/SPG LT PLT, AA LT PLT, HH GLD, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
Posts: 24,593
Originally Posted by mciampa View Post
But what if you havenít attached a certificate yet? When I called they said they had no way of attaching the old certificates and asked me to call back in a week to see if they had a solution. For that reason, I feel like this time waiting to see what happens wonít produce the desired result.
Were the points actually redeemed/deducted? If so, it's a matter of MR's mechaniucs to work out. It may be time consuming, but I'm confident it will work out.

If you never redeemed a certificate, then there's a bit of a stickier issue. "I intended to redeem the points but never did" before the price went up could be an issue.
CPRich is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5, 18, 1:18 pm
  #8  
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: MSP
Programs: Delta Gold, UA Plat. Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Plat. Hilton Plat. US Airways, Starwood Gold, Avis Pres
Posts: 1,378
My Stay was 260,000 points, now 392,000 points-HELP

I had booked (prior to 18AUG) a stay at JW Marriott in Phoenix for 260,000 points. I looked at my account now (stay is for October) and it's asking for 392,000 points. Anyone know why this is happening?

Thanks
twoner32 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5, 18, 4:36 pm
  #9  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,980
Originally Posted by CPRich View Post
Were the points actually redeemed/deducted? If so, it's a matter of MR's mechaniucs to work out. It may be time consuming, but I'm confident it will work out.

If you never redeemed a certificate, then there's a bit of a stickier issue. "I intended to redeem the points but never did" before the price went up could be an issue.
The 35,000 points were deducted at the time the reservation was made back in April. No, I did not "redeem a certificate" but I have never clicked on that for any of my Marriot reservations in the past either and there has never been a problem. Thanks, everybody, for your encouraging answers.

Tizzette is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5, 18, 5:29 pm
  #10  
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Programs: Marriott Titanium, DL DM
Posts: 279
Can you clarify be this. You had a booking at 260k points and they are now requesting more points? How are they requesting points?
KingBraden is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5, 18, 5:42 pm
  #11  
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Programs: AA plt 2 mm, Marriott LTT, HH dia
Posts: 1,190
The reason why more people aren't responding is that this question has been asked and answered several times in other threads. The category for the hotel probably changed. The original reward was probably 260K points. If the certificate was issued before August 18, then there should be no problem. The old certificate would work.

The website is showing the current value of the reward stay now. This is different from demanding point. Again, if the certificate was issued before August 18, then there should be no problem. However, if they didn't attach a certificate to the reservation, then they would have to pay the current value of the reservation at 392K to keep the reservation.

Last edited by jeanie; Sep 5, 18 at 6:50 pm
jeanie is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5, 18, 7:12 pm
  #12  
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: MSP
Programs: Delta Gold, UA Plat. Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Plat. Hilton Plat. US Airways, Starwood Gold, Avis Pres
Posts: 1,378
Originally Posted by jeanie View Post
The reason why more people aren't responding is that this question has been asked and answered several times in other threads. The category for the hotel probably changed. The original reward was probably 260K points. If the certificate was issued before August 18, then there should be no problem. The old certificate would work.

The website is showing the current value of the reward stay now. This is different from demanding point. Again, if the certificate was issued before August 18, then there should be no problem. However, if they didn't attach a certificate to the reservation, then they would have to pay the current value of the reservation at 392K to keep the reservation.
I didn't have enough points prior to 18AUG to "pay" for the stay. I still don't have enough, I will by the end of this week or next week (stay in middle OCT). They're now asking for 392,000 pts.
twoner32 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5, 18, 7:17 pm
  #13  
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 234
I had a similar issue. Call the Marriott guest services number and they will rectify it.
cruiser9999 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6, 18, 1:34 am
  #14  
cln
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Europe/SEA
Programs: TK E+, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Dusit Gold
Posts: 1,621
from status.marriott.com
  • Points Advance Reservations: In some instances, Points Advance Reservations made prior to August 18 under the old award chart, incorrectly converted to the new award chart category (costing more points). Please contact us to have your reservation adjusted.
margarita girl likes this.
cln is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6, 18, 9:34 am
  #15  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Pittsburgh
Programs: MR/SPG LT PLT, AA LT PLT, HH GLD, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
Posts: 24,593
Originally Posted by Tizzette View Post


The 35,000 points were deducted at the time the reservation was made back in April. No, I did not "redeem a certificate"

Then you should be good, it's just the web presentation logic issue that has existed for a long time, noted above.

Redeeming a certificate is automatic with making the reservation and deducting the points unless you go out of your way to avoid doing it.
CPRich is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread