FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Pre Existing Reservation changed to higher points
Old Sep 5, 2018, 7:12 pm
twoner32

Programs: Delta Gold, UA Plat. Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Plat. Hilton Plat. US Airways, Starwood Gold, Avis Pres
Originally Posted by jeanie
The reason why more people aren't responding is that this question has been asked and answered several times in other threads. The category for the hotel probably changed. The original reward was probably 260K points. If the certificate was issued before August 18, then there should be no problem. The old certificate would work.

The website is showing the current value of the reward stay now. This is different from demanding point. Again, if the certificate was issued before August 18, then there should be no problem. However, if they didn't attach a certificate to the reservation, then they would have to pay the current value of the reservation at 392K to keep the reservation.
I didn't have enough points prior to 18AUG to "pay" for the stay. I still don't have enough, I will by the end of this week or next week (stay in middle OCT). They're now asking for 392,000 pts.