Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 20, 2018, 5:10 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RogerD408
If you want to keep your SPG number, start here: https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/mer...mi?program=spg

If you want to keep your Rewards number, start here: https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/mer...ogram=marriott

New spg.com accepts a max password of 20 characters while legacy website accepted 24 characters.
If your legacy SPG password exceeds 20 characters, you will not be able to login as the 21st character and beyond is truncated. Reset password functionality may also fail. If you see following after attempting to reset password, call SPG to obtain your new SPG# and then return to spg.com to perform a password reset.

Please correct the following and try again.
The Account has been transfered to another Account
* Hot info /Jan. 03, 2019 *
Log into here with your logon credentials of your combined account to see from the top right corner slider if or if not your account already shows that you have been successfully grandfathered into LTPPE status!

Warning: It seems this only works for those that a able to make a choice, as it doesn't work for me.
Print Wikipost

Combine Accounts Update

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18, 2018, 3:59 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum
Am I missing something?

i wrote the following to Marriott customer service:

“My profile on the Marriott app shows that I have been silver elite for the past 14 years. However, starting in2007, I have been SPG Gold every year due to my AMEX SPG spending. How do I get this corrected in Marriott? I may try to achieve lifetime Gold by staying the required number of nights over the next few years if I can get this corrected. Reward account number is xxxxxx”.

Best regards,

Cynthia Stalker
——————————————————————-
this is the response I received:
——————————————————————-
”Thank you for being a loyal Marriott/Starwood Preferred Guest member. I will be happy to be of assistance to you today.

I hope that you will be enjoying your next stay with us. I do apologize for the tardiness of this reply. Our system, no longer has the link option. As of August 18, 2018, you must choose whether or not you will combine your accounts online. The details you will require to aid in your decision can be found on Status.Marriott.com. You will need to go into both your Marriott and SPG account and update your profiles to match each other.

Mr. Stalker, we look forward to providing you exceptional service and memorable experiences at our hotels and resorts worldwide for years to come.

Best Regards,”
——— ——————————————-

huh???
Old Sep 18, 2018, 4:02 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Marriott customer service is highly inconsistent, so you might as well try again. Having said that, I don’t know if it’s been confirmed that you earn annual status with freebies and matches.
Old Sep 19, 2018, 1:37 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by Happy
Yes, both my accounts are correct.
Thanks for the encouragement. It is difficult to keep faith with the mess we have been put thru. Finger crossed it would work for me too especially I plan to keep the Marriott account.
You're welcome. Take screenshots of everything pre-combo (just in case). I took screenshots online as well as on both apps. Wasn't needed, but ya never know.
Old Sep 19, 2018, 4:58 am

Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
Marriott customer service is highly inconsistent, so you might as well try again. Having said that, I don’t know if it’s been confirmed that you earn annual status with freebies and matches.
freebies and matches? I am not sure what you mean. I was SPG Gold for 14 years.
Old Sep 19, 2018, 5:17 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Originally Posted by cynstalker
freebies and matches? I am not sure what you mean. I was SPG Gold for 14 years.
For example, when I joined Marriott I was matched to Platinum so had one year as Platinum and one year as Gold without doing almost any stays. These could well count as two years Gold+ and one year Platinum (I think they do), but it's not entirely confirmed...
cynstalker likes this.
Old Sep 19, 2018, 5:29 am

Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
For example, when I joined Marriott I was matched to Platinum so had one year as Platinum and one year as Gold without doing almost any stays. These could well count as two years Gold+ and one year Platinum (I think they do), but it's not entirely confirmed...
understood. My status each year was due entirely to SPG AMEX spend, no matches. I just don’t understand why, since I was SPG gold, it is reflected as Marriott lifetime silver elite. My current Marriott status is Gold elite. (And I don’t know why he called me Mr... &#129322
Old Sep 19, 2018, 7:53 am
kkl

2 weeks on, i am still unable to select my 75th benefit. managed to choose my 50th
Old Sep 19, 2018, 8:09 am

Programs: AA Plat/2MM, DL Silver, UA Silver (via Marr), Marr LTT, HH Gold (via cc), Hyatt Disc
Originally Posted by cynstalker
“My profile on the Marriott app shows that I have been silver elite for the past 14 years. However, starting in2007, I have been SPG Gold every year due to my AMEX SPG spending.
(Bolding above mine) We are missing some info to help you. If you have not combined your MR and SPG accounts (which is an entirely different step that the previous "linking"), your SPG LT Elite years will not show up in the MR app. If you have combined your accounts and all other information is showing combined correctly (eg MR + converted SPG points, YTD nights, etc.) in the MR app, than you may have an issue that will require intervention.
Old Sep 19, 2018, 9:36 am

Originally Posted by bosman
(Bolding above mine) We are missing some info to help you. If you have not combined your MR and SPG accounts (which is an entirely different step that the previous "linking"), your SPG LT Elite years will not show up in the MR app. If you have combined your accounts and all other information is showing combined correctly (eg MR + converted SPG points, YTD nights, etc.) in the MR app, than you may have an issue that will require intervention.
sorry - yes, I have linked and merged my accounts. I had no status with Marriott pre-merger.
Old Sep 19, 2018, 1:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TravelinSperry
You're welcome. Take screenshots of everything pre-combo (just in case). I took screenshots online as well as on both apps. Wasn't needed, but ya never know.
I combined my husband's account last night and it went smoothly. Though his SPG has very little stay activities and we have moved all his SPG pts to my account a week before the D-day, so his should probably the simplest types to combine.

15 minutes ago I combined mine, the SPG pts are in the Marriott account instantly once hitting the last screen. Whew, finally it is working as it should have been from the beginning!

I did this on a computer fwiw, so I can take screen shot at each step along the way.

Thank you again for the reassurance!

I can now also say that it is safe now to combine your accounts. At least if both accounts are correct, especially the point balance, before the combine process, the points would move over instantly without a hiccup. Activities and nights would probably take a little bit extra processing time, especially if you have many types of counts.
Old Sep 20, 2018, 1:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I was assigned a new SPG/MR account number post 18-Aug.
Upon combining accounts I plan to use that new SPG/MR number with my long-time MR account number.
Anybody had any issues in this regard, e.g. new SPG/MR vs. old SPG number?
Old Sep 20, 2018, 3:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by cesco.g
I was assigned a new SPG/MR account number post 18-Aug.
Upon combining accounts I plan to use that new SPG/MR number with my long-time MR account number.
Anybody had any issues in this regard, e.g. new SPG/MR vs. old SPG number?
AFAIK, the old SPG numbers are dead, so that's not an option. Your choices are your Marriott number or your new SPG number. You can't keep both. (Not sure what the deadline is for combining.)

Lots of people having various issues but I don't think we've been able to pin it down to any particular parameters such as the new SPG number.
Old Sep 21, 2018, 12:20 pm

I don't know what to do? All my points are in my SPG account with a minimal in my original MAR account. I have them linked and have been given my new SPG#.

I have reservations in my SPG account prior to August 18. I need to merge these accounts ultimately so my nights are added from each program and use my points for a reward stay. I want to do it NOW!

....but I am having second thoughts of when to do this as it doesn't sound like things are fixed? I am so worried of screwing everything up - or I mean them screwing everything up.

Curious...my stays that were booked on my SPG account prior to August 18..... I wonder if a person should call those hotels to ensure they have the current SPG# now since it has changed?

Ugh...what a mess.
Old Sep 21, 2018, 2:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Bravada04
I don't know what to do? All my points are in my SPG account with a minimal in my original MAR account. I have them linked and have been given my new SPG#.

I have reservations in my SPG account prior to August 18. I need to merge these accounts ultimately so my nights are added from each program and use my points for a reward stay. I want to do it NOW!

....but I am having second thoughts of when to do this as it doesn't sound like things are fixed? I am so worried of screwing everything up - or I mean them screwing everything up.

Curious...my stays that were booked on my SPG account prior to August 18..... I wonder if a person should call those hotels to ensure they have the current SPG# now since it has changed?

Ugh...what a mess.
Hotels do NOT have your new SPG number. In order for the stays posted correctly and timely, you need to give the hotel your NEW SPG number at Check In. Make sure the folio now shows the NEW SPG number. If that is done, stay posted correctly and timely just as in the past how Marriott stays are posted. This has been reported several times here and on various related threads in this forum.

The only entity that you dont need to give the new SPG number seems to be AMEX. Hotel's system obviously is not automatically mapped to your new number. At first people do not know about this as Marriott never tell us this, missing stays are big problem. Once some smart people decided to replace their new SPG numbers at check in, Voila, stays posted quickly and correctly.

It depends on if it is feasible to rebook your stays (rate and if reward, availability). If at all possible, I would cancel and rebook from the Marriott side.

Most system glitches have been fixed. My 700K+ SPG pts instantly moved to Marriott account as soon as I hit the button on the last step of Combine Account. So if both your accounts are correct in every aspect, i.e. no lingering issues from the merger, you can safely combine them now.. You will see on each step of the process on what would happen, as well as showing you each account's point balance (will combine instantly) and activity (will take 72 hours to finish the process). You sill have the option to NOT take the last step.
Old Sep 21, 2018, 3:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by Happy
Hotels do NOT have your new SPG number. In order for the stays posted correctly and timely, you need to give the hotel your NEW SPG number at Check In. Make sure the folio now shows the NEW SPG number. If that is done, stay posted correctly and timely just as in the past how Marriott stays are posted. This has been reported several times here and on various related threads in this forum.
every hotel i have checked into since august 18th had my new spg number....4 of these reservations were made before the merger....
Flying for Fun likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.